“Exactly what we wanted for the value”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We are a couple that like to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale area and have stayed at most of the 4 star + hotels but what we got here is dollar for dollar the best value we have ever recieved. We booked in January for one night/day prior to the cruise and for one night after the cruise. The transportation to and from the airport and the cruise terminal influenced us a little but not all that much. the breakfast much the same but let me tell you how much we enjoyed and appreciated all of it. The staff was excellent form the time we got picked up we had to wait but who expects to get picked up as soon as you call is a little dillusional. Our driver was as nice a young man as could be. loaded our massive luggage no problem and took us to port in the morning no issues and back from the cruise same and then back to the airport as nice as could be. Hotel was exceptional for the price room was excellent 2 couples in our 60's plenty of room the kept watch in locked room all the pieces we didn't need. Breakfast was everything you could ask for danish oatmeal eggs sausage cereal muffins bagels juice included and taken care of by a wonderful woman. Beds comfortable and bathroom spotless. Pool was very nice and the area around the hotel has everything you could need. The sports bar in the shopping center was great for lunch and dinner we had one of each. Close to old river which they took us too no charge just a tip. The Manager could not have been nicer and very proud of his people. Did have trouble making change though only minus I can think of. 10 out of 10 perfect!

Room Tip: second floor toward back have pool view nice
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank phillyboy1952
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Greetings Phillyboy1952!! I really appreciate your review of my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought our staff was EXCELLENT and the rooms were spacious and nice. It sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle service (ps...the Delusional comment made me laugh out loud!) Thanks for saying that the ole GM was nice....and yes...I am VERY PROUD of my staff....they do their very best! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,937)

Reviewed 17 March 2013

In February, spent 2 nights—five days apart—at this hotel. I don't usually stay at chain hotels like this but needed a place near FLL, where I arrived around 10 PM, so it did not make sense to try to drive to Miami Beach (especially given the horrible drivers on I-95, which is bad enough during the daytime , let alone at night). This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Diane and the other front desk staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The room was clean, quiet, and nicely furnished. Breakfast was included in the room rate ($150 one night, $175 on the other) and was quite adequate. The hotel is well-located, not very far from FLL and relatively easy to find as it is on a major E-W state road (FL 82?) which connects with I-95, which is only about 1 mile away. However, it is far enough from the road that noise isn't a problem. If you need to 'fortify' your breakfast, McDonald's is about 100 yards toward the state road. My only criticisms of this property are minor—the breakfast room is too small, so if the weather is good take your meal out and sit by the pool, which is quite nice. The area around the elevator is also somewhat beaten-up, all that luggage being slammed around takes its toll. Unlike the much more expensive Marriott South Beach (see my review), this hotel had free and working Internet access all the time I was there, very helpful. The good reviews this hotel receives on TA are totally justified and if you need to stay near FLL, this is a very good option. Hampton Inn should be proud of this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side, looking south, have a better view though the north side is probably a bit qu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank stoptravelscams
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Hello there Stopscam! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found the room to be clean, quiet, and nicely furnished! I am extatic that Diane made a nice impression on you and that you were happy with the service you received. Thank you for your last comment "Hampton should be proud of this property"! That was very nice.....I am very proud of my hotel and my wonderful staff! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Location close to airport. Well managed breakfast buffet. Large room with new shower and bathroom fixtures. Comfy Bed. Rooms were all clean. After arriving on a late plane we used it as a starting place for our travels in the rest of Florida. It met our needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teachmath

Hello there Teachmath! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business. I am thrilled that you thought the room was large, clean, and had a comfy bed! I am so happy that our hotel met all your needs. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This modern, clean and responsive hotel is the best we have found in the metro Ft. Lauderdale that fully accomodates cruise travelers. This is the first Hampton Inn we have ever used, but it will not be the last. The extras provided at this location should be a sample for all hotels. The van shuttles to and from the airport as well as the cruise port are worth their weight in gold. They usually take about 20 minutes to arrive at the airport - just a nice time to collect your baggage and relax after any airport hustle. You should make the desk clerks know that you desire shuttle service to the cruise port and they will advise what time to be in the lobby for pickup. The drivers air responsive to all needs, especially those needing special care, walkers, wheelchairs, etc. The van driver teams also know several great dinner locations in the area and will provide transport to and from when called up. We chose the german cuisine restaurant across the highway. Sorry- the name slipped my mind, but the food was very good and authentic. The transportation is complementary via the hotel but the drivers deserve a good tip on each leg of these loops as they provide an outstanding service to all travelers. Now - the hotel itself has every thing a traveler needs - shelter, food (breakfast) and staff. The shelter is provided via warm (and cool if desired), clean and comfortable beds. We only used a double bed unit which was fully adequate for us. The bathroom was very well fitted and provided all needed commodities - hot water, adequate space, and good toiletries. The next big surprise was the outstanding hot breakfast provided by the hotel. Unlimited hot waffles and toppings, toast, sausage, eggs, tea, coffee, orange juice and other diverse items. The staff was outstanding and very helpful, even with the hotel being very busy with cruise travelers both coming and returning. YES, we will definately use this HAMPTON INN for every cruise we take out of Ft. Lauderdale cruise port. We recommend that you make reservations early as possible as this hotel's popularity is growing very rapid - for the high level of hotel service provided and then some. Another secret - you can drive and park your car there, stay the night and then come back after the cruise.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel seemed well situated. Not much sound was previlant in this location as it s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank HappyHickman

Greetings Happy Hickman! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough positive review of my hotel. We always love hearing from our wonderful guests! I am so happy that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be OUTSTANDING and very helpful! That means a lot to us, I have been blessed with a great staff! The German restaurant you are thinking of is Old Heidelberg. Fantastic place if you enjoy authentic German food. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We used HHonors points for our rooms; at 40,000 points apiece about as high as I've seen for a Hampton Inn. I've stayed here before; we picked it for the free airport and cruiseport shuttle and mostly decent reviews. After getting our luggage at FLL, I called for the shuttle. We had to wait half an hour for the next shuttle to come. This was our only real issue. The hotel was fine, a decent typical Hampton, and we booked the 10:15 am shuttle to the port for the next morning. Our ship was going to be the only one in port so no problems. The previous time there were five ships and we ended up having a relative drive us because the shuttles were so full.

I ran across the street to Winn Dixie for sun tan lotion and a couple of bottles of wine - they actually had a decent selection. Not Total Wines, but better than Walgreens. We took the hotel shuttle to Lester's Diner for dinner, a great classic diner with revolving pies (an old David Letterman routine) but extremely slow service. The shuttle came back to get us only about 10 minutes after I called, although when I called they said it would be half an hour. We appreciate the driver detouring to Lester's on his way back from the airport!

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean. I would stay here again - if there weren't a lot ships in port!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MGreene16

Hello there MGreen16!! Thanks so much for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you thought the rooms were clean and comfortable and that the staff was very friendly! It also sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle service as well. Also, the way Hilton does its points system....it is based on the DEMAND of the hotel (and as you know....everyone wants to come to Sunny Florida!!)- so it does cost a little extra to use points in popular locations. Thanks again for your review and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I recently stayed here on the 6th of March 2013 prior to a cruise because of other reviews I have read about this Hampton Inn. The building's interior design is not the standard Hampton, but it has everything I have grown to know about this Hilton chain.

Of course, I constantly called to make sure there was a shuttle to the cruise port, which was a reason why I wanted to stay here. The employee over the phone said yes and it is complimentary...even better!! I have seen that the manager responded to reviews on other sites. Once I got to Ft Lauderdale I called for the complimentary shuttle to the hotel after verifying my reservation; just to warn you it does take about 20 minutes for them to come from the hotel which I was fine with...the walk to the shuttle stop took about 5 minutes with our bags. They said it was a shuttle with pink flamingos on it. Of course I thought it was painted on, but they were also plastic ones on the roof. This made it easy to identify the right Hampton shuttle or shuttle in general from the front at night. The driver was friendly and helped with the bags.

Once we got to the hotel they were quick to check us in; typical good Hampton service. I think it was a manger, but he recommended this good place to eat nearby in the strip mall next door called 84 Thai Food. There is a grocery store in the complex called WinDixie. It was a good place, and I would eat there again on my next cruise. At check in they reserve your spot on the cruise shuttle by ship and time; it was nice they automatically asked just in case.

The next morning the same manager was there and remembered my name for check out...never had that happen before. They also had staplers out ready for cruise passengers to attach their cruise luggage tags...that was great because I was about to ask after getting downstairs. The only negative I saw was the space in the lobby for breakfast...it is kind of small and I almost had to eat in my room because there were so many people during most of the breakfast time. It is the standard Hampton Inn breakfast...they did also have guava juice in addition to the orange juice if you want that instead. For the shuttle, get downstairs about 10-15 minutes before.

This Hampton is a little more than I normally spend at other Hampton's, but to be stress free before the cruise was great. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Update your Hilton room preferences because they do use them on your HHonors account.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank George C
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Hello there George C! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you were happy with your room and the unique interior that our hotel has! It also sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle and you enjoyed my recommendation of 84 Thai! (love that place!). Of course I remembered your name George.....you are a good guy and a great guest! The biggest compliment was you saying that you would stay at my hotel again. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here prior to our cruise. Chose this Hampton due to cruise shuttle and airport pickup. Also usedbHilton Honours points for stay. Disappointed that I used the point on this stay. Would have been furious if I had payed for the stay. Arrived after 11pm at airport, no courtesy phone to call hotel. Was told it would take 20-25 minutes for pickup and shuttle arrive in about 10 minutes, so that was great. Pickup spot was confusing, went to where I was told, but shuttle went right by. He did stop but we had to run to where he stopped. A clearly marked sign would have helped. Driver wasn't the friendliest guy. Kept tapping the cup holder where he kept his tips in order to get passengers attention to tip him, which annoyed me. I did tip him as he did help us with our bags, but it was less than I normally tip. Front desk was nice (Yazmir?) on arrival. Room was OK. (room 400) Main carpet was clean but closet and under desks, bed etc were pretty dirty. The room really showed it's age. Holes in the wall, trim around window broken. Paint chipped everywhere. The hotel seems to be in need of some renovations. No water pressure at all. Room smelled. Next day breakfast was the worst experience of all the Hampton's we have been too. Dirty, food not being replenished. Really unfriendly breakfast hostess. Housekeeping staff was also pretty unfriendly. Location of hotel is not great, nothing but a strip mall around. Did not try to go anywhere, but supposedly closed to beach and Los Olas. Have not left for cruise port yet, but hopefully this is a more pleasant experience. Would not stay here if just on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale and I will look at a different option (maybe holiday inn express nearby) if we ever go on another cruise from this port. I expect better quality from
Hampton Inn, this was not the location for it. For sure the most disappointing Hampton we have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ironleague
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Ironleague! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your last stay with us. I do apologize that it sounds like you did not have a great stay. I am happy to hear that your shuttle wait time was minimal but sorry that you did not know which way to go in the airport. We do not have a phone board at the airport- most guests just call our number when you get your bags at the airport. The Fort Lauderdale airport ONLY allows shuttle vans to stop in one location in each terminal or we will get a ticket. Our Front Desk agent should have instructed you on which way to go outside of baggage claim (Go right if you arrive in terminal 1 or 3- Go left is you arrive in terminal 2 or 4). I invite you to email me directly so that I can get what day you checked in to figure out which employees were "not friendly" so that we may coach them. dblevins@vistahost.net ( if you view our previous Trip Advisor reviews, most guests rave about how friendly our staff is- my apologies that this was not the case on your stay with us. I would especially like to know the "tip jar" employee! That is NOT how we behave at the Hampton.) Whenever you receive a room that is not up to your standard please just ask for a manager so that we may fix the issue. We want all of our guests to be happy guests. I would like to be able to say that we always get it right....but my employees are human and on rare occasions do miss things. Again my apologies that you did not have a good stay with us. I would like to invite you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!