Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Virginia
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Hampton Inn this past week. We visited with Friends from England that were leaving on a transatalntic cruise on Friday, March 22. Had a good stay in a very clean, Friendly place, free shuttle service from Airport to Hotel and hotel to cruise port. Mr. Belvins, manager was always around making sure everything was perfect for your stay. We shall stay there again.

Room Tip: This Hotels stays booked up. Book early.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Greetings Tanzer!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business!! I am so happy that you found the rooms to be clean, the staff friendly and the shuttle to be a nice amenity for you. Thanks for the shout out to the ole GM......I want all my guests to be happy guests and am always around if any guest needs anything! The biggest compliment was that you said you will be staying with us again! I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

This hotel is a short distance from the airport and also the ports for all cruise lines..
The hotel is not modern, rather old, but still reasonably well kept. It's clean and the rooms have the usual type stuff.
I wouldn't stay here for a vacation, but if you need a place to stay before or after a cruise it works well.. Also located very close is a grocery store and liquor store, should you need to get a couple items prior to sailing..
A couple things to be aware of are;
- the shuttles (flamingos on the roof, so easy to see) are few a far between. The shuttle will take you to the ship but you need to book it early ( as soon as you check in), as the a a lot of people that are sailing at the same time you are..
- the lobby gets congested whe people are leaving, but they seem to have a system that works. Just be patient.
- the biggest issue is getting picked up after your cruise. There are no phones available, so unless you have access to a US phone, it's hard to get ahold of the hotel to come and pick you up. We had to borrow a phone to call in.. That whole process took almost 45 minutes from disembarkment until being picked up.. It seemed a bit frustrating.
Having said that once we spoke to the driver and realized that 5 cruise ships come in at the same time, meaning almost 15,000 people needing rides in a short period of time, it makes sense why it's so hectic..
All in all a solid location for the needs of cruising, but not a location I would pick to spend a few days on vacation..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Luv2travel6768
Hello Luv2travel6768!! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We do appreciate your business. I am happy that you found the rooms to be clean and well kept. You had mentioned that you felt the hotel is not "modern" and I just wanted to let you know that we have designed the hotel in a British Colonial theme on purpose! It is unique in its appearance and being so close to the Islands and the cruise terminal, we designed the hotel a little different than your standard Hampton. We do not have a phone board at the airport nor does the Port Everglades cruise port offer them. Most of our international guests are investing in a small prepaid cell phone(which I would personally recommend for anyone traveling outside their country for their safety anyway) for situations just like this. It does get a little busy at the port when there are multiple ships coming in on the same day and all hotels go through the challenge of picking up guests that are coming in all at once. We do our very best to get everyone picked up and back to the hotel as soon as humanly possible. I do appreciate you saying that this is a SOLID location for cruise guests because that IS our business! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Had stayed at a different Fort Lauderdale Hampton in the past which was awesome but they were booked for our pre-cruise stay. We had read about the friendliness of staff here and were looking forward to our stay. We found the reception staff short and distracted, the breakfast room staff hurried. The hotel was worn, chipped walls, etc. I know there are many other options in the area and will not return here. Not sure what the attraction is.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FlamingoQueen
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Hello Flamingoqueen! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We do appreciate your business and your feedback. My apologies that you were "Not impressed". We do strive for all of our guests to have a wonderful stay! I am surprised to hear that the staff was short and distracted and breakfast staff was hurried. With a full hotel every night, I know they try their best and have to juggle about a hundred different things at once and usually go out of their way to get it right (refer to previous few reviews). Again my apologies that we missed the mark on your stay. I would still like to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA (so we can get it right this time!)

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We are a couple that like to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale area and have stayed at most of the 4 star + hotels but what we got here is dollar for dollar the best value we have ever recieved. We booked in January for one night/day prior to the cruise and for one night after the cruise. The transportation to and from the airport and the cruise terminal influenced us a little but not all that much. the breakfast much the same but let me tell you how much we enjoyed and appreciated all of it. The staff was excellent form the time we got picked up we had to wait but who expects to get picked up as soon as you call is a little dillusional. Our driver was as nice a young man as could be. loaded our massive luggage no problem and took us to port in the morning no issues and back from the cruise same and then back to the airport as nice as could be. Hotel was exceptional for the price room was excellent 2 couples in our 60's plenty of room the kept watch in locked room all the pieces we didn't need. Breakfast was everything you could ask for danish oatmeal eggs sausage cereal muffins bagels juice included and taken care of by a wonderful woman. Beds comfortable and bathroom spotless. Pool was very nice and the area around the hotel has everything you could need. The sports bar in the shopping center was great for lunch and dinner we had one of each. Close to old river which they took us too no charge just a tip. The Manager could not have been nicer and very proud of his people. Did have trouble making change though only minus I can think of. 10 out of 10 perfect!

Room Tip: second floor toward back have pool view nice
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank phillyboy1952
Greetings Phillyboy1952!! I really appreciate your review of my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought our staff was EXCELLENT and the rooms were spacious and nice. It sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle service (ps...the Delusional comment made me laugh out loud!) Thanks for saying that the ole GM was nice....and yes...I am VERY PROUD of my staff....they do their very best! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

In February, spent 2 nights—five days apart—at this hotel. I don't usually stay at chain hotels like this but needed a place near FLL, where I arrived around 10 PM, so it did not make sense to try to drive to Miami Beach (especially given the horrible drivers on I-95, which is bad enough during the daytime , let alone at night). This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Diane and the other front desk staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The room was clean, quiet, and nicely furnished. Breakfast was included in the room rate ($150 one night, $175 on the other) and was quite adequate. The hotel is well-located, not very far from FLL and relatively easy to find as it is on a major E-W state road (FL 82?) which connects with I-95, which is only about 1 mile away. However, it is far enough from the road that noise isn't a problem. If you need to 'fortify' your breakfast, McDonald's is about 100 yards toward the state road. My only criticisms of this property are minor—the breakfast room is too small, so if the weather is good take your meal out and sit by the pool, which is quite nice. The area around the elevator is also somewhat beaten-up, all that luggage being slammed around takes its toll. Unlike the much more expensive Marriott South Beach (see my review), this hotel had free and working Internet access all the time I was there, very helpful. The good reviews this hotel receives on TA are totally justified and if you need to stay near FLL, this is a very good option. Hampton Inn should be proud of this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side, looking south, have a better view though the north side is probably a bit qu...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank stoptravelscams
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Hello there Stopscam! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found the room to be clean, quiet, and nicely furnished! I am extatic that Diane made a nice impression on you and that you were happy with the service you received. Thank you for your last comment "Hampton should be proud of this property"! That was very nice.....I am very proud of my hotel and my wonderful staff! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Location close to airport. Well managed breakfast buffet. Large room with new shower and bathroom fixtures. Comfy Bed. Rooms were all clean. After arriving on a late plane we used it as a starting place for our travels in the rest of Florida. It met our needs.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teachmath
Hello there Teachmath! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business. I am thrilled that you thought the room was large, clean, and had a comfy bed! I am so happy that our hotel met all your needs. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This modern, clean and responsive hotel is the best we have found in the metro Ft. Lauderdale that fully accomodates cruise travelers. This is the first Hampton Inn we have ever used, but it will not be the last. The extras provided at this location should be a sample for all hotels. The van shuttles to and from the airport as well as the cruise port are worth their weight in gold. They usually take about 20 minutes to arrive at the airport - just a nice time to collect your baggage and relax after any airport hustle. You should make the desk clerks know that you desire shuttle service to the cruise port and they will advise what time to be in the lobby for pickup. The drivers air responsive to all needs, especially those needing special care, walkers, wheelchairs, etc. The van driver teams also know several great dinner locations in the area and will provide transport to and from when called up. We chose the german cuisine restaurant across the highway. Sorry- the name slipped my mind, but the food was very good and authentic. The transportation is complementary via the hotel but the drivers deserve a good tip on each leg of these loops as they provide an outstanding service to all travelers. Now - the hotel itself has every thing a traveler needs - shelter, food (breakfast) and staff. The shelter is provided via warm (and cool if desired), clean and comfortable beds. We only used a double bed unit which was fully adequate for us. The bathroom was very well fitted and provided all needed commodities - hot water, adequate space, and good toiletries. The next big surprise was the outstanding hot breakfast provided by the hotel. Unlimited hot waffles and toppings, toast, sausage, eggs, tea, coffee, orange juice and other diverse items. The staff was outstanding and very helpful, even with the hotel being very busy with cruise travelers both coming and returning. YES, we will definately use this HAMPTON INN for every cruise we take out of Ft. Lauderdale cruise port. We recommend that you make reservations early as possible as this hotel's popularity is growing very rapid - for the high level of hotel service provided and then some. Another secret - you can drive and park your car there, stay the night and then come back after the cruise.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel seemed well situated. Not much sound was previlant in this location as it s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank HappyHickman
Greetings Happy Hickman! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough positive review of my hotel. We always love hearing from our wonderful guests! I am so happy that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be OUTSTANDING and very helpful! That means a lot to us, I have been blessed with a great staff! The German restaurant you are thinking of is Old Heidelberg. Fantastic place if you enjoy authentic German food. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!