“Great hotel before Cruise”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Texas
“Great hotel before Cruise”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here because of the free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the cruise. It was a nice hotel and great experience. The hotel is right next to some restaurants and a big lots if you need to pick up things before the cruise. The shuttle from the airport was easy and the shuttle to the cruise port was free and simple. The hotel itself is simple with a small pool for you to swim in. Our room was clean and the hotel was clean. The breakfast was simple but it was free and enjoyably. If you need a place to stay before going on a cruise this is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Shawnm311
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Howdy there Shawnm311 from Texas!! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate you saying that your room was clean and the hotel was clean! It also sounds like our location worked well for you being right next door to the plaza that has restaurants, Big Lots and a Grocery Store! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This hotel has free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and then to the pier the next morning. You need to sign up for a time upon check-in for the trip to the pier. The breakfast has a good variety. The rooms were clean and pretty spacious. They also offer free wi-fi from the room. They are across the street from a little strip mall where we had a great Indian Dinner - delicious. Beds were good and so were the pillows. The elevator was quick - a big complaint of mine if you follow my reviews.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank uttravellady29
Greetings Uttravellady29!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! (Especially from a Senior Contributor!) We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and the breakfast to offer a good variety! Thanks for saying that the beds were comfy and the elevator was fast! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Only stayed one night but had a great stay for the money. Great room, great breakfast, and great location. The business center came in handy for priting boarding passes and the gym was great to use in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Milton B! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you had a great room, great breakfast, and called it an "Excellent Overall Package!" I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We use this Hampton Inn for our night before a cruise out of the Port at Fort Lauderdale. They are a friendly group of people well used to the needs of cruisers. We park our car there and take the free shuttle for drop off and pickup. Pickup wait time over the years has taken anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes.

The hotel is clean, well maintained, and features a complementary breakfast. work out room and pool are standard. If you are a member of Hilton Honors you get the usual benefits.

Room Tip: we always get a standard room and it meets our needs for one night. The hotel is off-set for any ma...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cloudchaser01
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Howdy Cloudchaser01!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am happy to hear that you thought the hotel was clean, the breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly! Thanks also for saying that you usually stay with us and have come back a few times! I truly appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Decided to get some sun by the pool before meeting a friend at Quarter Deck to watch football. It clouded up and the plans accelerated. Later went to Slackers a bar in walking distance to the hotel and watched the Packer/49er's game. The bar was on my credit card reward program. Yea. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was clean. I didn't stay inside the hotel much except to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank James J
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hello James J! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy to hear that you thought the hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable! (We get a lot of compliments on the beds!) Glad you enjoyed Slackers- GREAT sports bar right next door in the plaza- good burgers, great onion rings! James, I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Cape Coral, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I will return to this property in the future. Very homey atmosphere. Front desk personnel the best. Arrived with a check-in problem due to my own error and was corrected for me immediately. I also enjoyed the complimentary buffet breakfast. The person in charge of this did a great job keeping everything replenished, neat and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Greetings Theresa F! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought The Staff was the "Best"! It also sounds like you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and thought our attendant did a good job! I sincerely appreaciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Hawkinge, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,283 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here one night after an international flight and it was fine although some problems. On arrival, we were told we had two rooms booked for myself, my husband and my daughter which was not what our booking from Venere stated. It was all a bit confusing at midnight after travelling for 23 hours but we eventually sorted out with the chap on reception that we only wanted 1 room with 2 double beds. This took some time as he was constantly answering the phone. We went up to our room, opened the door and it was one king size bed. Went back downstairs, lined up again and reported our problem. The guy then said he would give us a free upgrade to a one bed suite which was very nice. The beds were very comfortable and very welcome.Breakfast the next morning was plentiful but a bit on the plastic side. everything seemed to come covered in plasticy melted ccheese. Anyway, shuttle worked well. Would stay here again for the airport. oh yes, we found the lift posters and the post-it notes stuck to our bed that informed us that "the sheets and towels have been laundered for your arrival" very very odd. Does this mean that sometimes they aren't???? I have always rather taken it for granted that I would arrive to clean sheets!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hello Alliebdive! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us (although It sounds like it might be a different Hampton due to you saying that you found yellow sticky notes on the bed which we dont use at this property and you were upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which we dont have). Hmmm...upgraded for free to a suite and still only 3 stars? Tough crowd! .....:) We do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!