“Nice Cruise Port/Airport Hotel Stopover”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port. The hotel lobby was extremely busy with people and luggage waiting to be taken to the cruise port. The staff did its best in making sure everybody got on the proper shuttle bus. The room was nice and clean. The front desk was very nice with directions and informed us what we needed to know. The breakfast in the morning was good serving the usual waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to a local restaurant. If you don't mind waiting for a room and dealing with a mass people and luggage in the lobby, then the Hampton is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Greetings LJC48! Thanks so much for writing a nice Trip advisor review about my hotel. We love hearing from our guests. I am thrilled that the room was clean and nice and that you felt the front desk was very helpful and nice! Yes its true....it does get a bit congested in the early afternoon with everyone trying to check in while everyone else is trying to get on the shuttle....but I think my staff does an admirable job of taking care of everyone! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I used this hotel for a pre-cruise overnight stay. Check in and out and shuttle service could not be better. The complementary breakfast is as light or filling as desired for your day. Rooms were clean and quiet. Don't hesitate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Michelle B! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review on trip Advisor about my hotel . We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you thought the rooms were clean and quiet and that the check in and check out service could not have been better! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel made our pre-cruise stay hassle-free. From the airport shuttle to the smooth, efficient check-in we were very satisfied. As an added bonus at check-in we were able to choose a time for the shuttle to transfer us to the cruise port. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was included and the hotel is across the street from a strip mall with a dollar store, beer and wine store, big lots and a sports bar where we ended up having dinner. The white shuttle vans with pink flamingoes added a whimsical touch. The staff was friendly, efficient and made our stay a joy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat J
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello Pat J! Thanks so much for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel was clean and that the staff was friendly effecient and made your stay a "joy"! WOW....what a nice compliment! Thanks! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This Hotel was recommended to me and it was a great recommendation.
Spot on.
Great place to stay.Close to restaurants and super markets.
Best part is the great customer service. The GM, David Blevins, is a hands on manager and one of the best I've encountered.Staff always friendly and wants to help.
There is a close by restaurant,The Rendezvous, right on the water,that will come by and pick you up at the hotel bring you back. lots of people at the hotel did that and all were happy.
When in Florida, The Hampton Inn- cruise port is a must.

Room Tip: All are comparable
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Keeperofthebrit! I wanted to THANK YOU personally for the great review that you gave for my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you felt we offered Wonderful Hospitality and mentioned our customer service was great! (Thanks also for giving the ole GM a kudo as well!) I have been blessed with a wonderful staff that does whatever they can to ensure our guests have a great stay! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

great hotel very clean rooms quiet helpful staff great shuttle service to cruise port shuttle was ready when it said it would be no waiting right to port when we returned hotel picked us up from port as we had to spend another nite before our flight home will stay here on future trips great hotel and staff thanks for a great trip

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hello there Anthony G!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel ! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that you thought the rooms were very clean, the staff to be helpful and great, and it sounds like you had a good experience also with our shuttle service! We truly appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Girls at front desk were extremely helpful and efficient. Shuttle driver was super. The recommendation for dinner at Rendezvous at the Marina was very good. Although it was raining it didn't lessen the experience. The Manager from Rendezvous picked us up from the hotel. Super nice folks all around.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Pete111
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Greetings 1Pete111!! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am happy that you found the girls at the front desk to be extremely helpful and friendly as well as our shuttle drivers! Rendezvous is a local restaurant that has a wide offering of tasty dishes for everyone! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My experience with Hampton Inns have mostly been for business travel, and like many of the others I have stayed in, this Hampton Inn was clean, comfortable, and friendly.
The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because it took me an hour to get from the airport to the hotel. I purposely travel from Central America with a carry-on, so the transition from my long day of travel is easy. This time, I landed at the airport and called the hotel desk. There was no answer for 15 minutes. Then I was put on hold and disconnected. When I finally was able to get through I was given incorrect directions to the shuttle pick up. When I called back to confirm that I was supposed to be where they told me to wait, I was then told to walk back to where I had originally called from and wait there. For 30 minutes I waited for the shuttle.
Needless to say my first impression of this Hampton Inn was less than favorable.
However, the driver was a sweet young guy and the woman at the desk was rather welcoming and apologetic. I was glad to have a comfortable bed to land in and a good breakfast to look forward to in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen G
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Revive_CR! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am so happy that you found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and my staff to be friendly! My humble apologies for the issues you had in getting ahold of us and getting to the hotel. We did lose power this week a few times...so that may be why no one answered for a few minutes due to the phones being down. The airport only allows us to pick up from ONE place in each terminal and we go to that place based on where you tell us you are (if you fly into terminal 1- we will tell you to go to the right- if you fly into terminal 2- we will tell you to go left) it is all based on what airline you fly into. If we stop anywhere else, the airport will give us a ticket. Again my apologies that you had to wait to be picked up. We strive to offer a stress free pick up , and drop off! I welcome you to contact me directly if we can do anything to make it right! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!