Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Virginia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times when we are cruising from Fort Lauderdale. They have a shuttle service to and back from airport and use to have a free shuttle to cruise port. They now charge for it. Their breakfast is good and they are next to a shopping center so if you should forget something .you most likely be able to find it there.nwe buy our wine at the grocery store to take aboard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tanzer
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello Tanzer! Thanks for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! Just a quick correction to your review- We do NOT charge for shuttle to and from the airport and TO the Port Everglades Cruise Port- It is complimentary for all guests that are staying in the hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
CHASKA, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great hotel All Around. Best transfers in the area airport dropoff was so easy and picked up at the cruise port when . Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Clean rooms easy and to get around. Would HIGHLY recommend to other staying in the area!

2 Thank Lyle H
Hello there Lyle H! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the shuttle was easy for you! THANKS for saying that you would highly recommend my hotel!! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn the night before our cruise departed. We arrived at the airport around midnight and we called for the hotel shuttle. It arrived quickly in about 10 minutes. The check-in was fast and easy, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good. The shuttle to the cruise port was very convenient. I would definitely stay here again if I went on another cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

5 Thank Lisa P
Greetings Lisa P! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and it sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle. I do appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

San Francisco
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Clean, great shuttle service, free breakfast and friendly staff. We will stay here when going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and recommend it! Shuttle to and from the airport and to and from the cruise port. Reservations for the shuttle can be made at the front desk which helps with the # of travelers needing the shuttle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

5 Thank lena11cc
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Howdy Lena11cc! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! WOW! what a super review! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel was clean, the shuttle service was great, and that the hotel staff was very friendly! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Edmonton Alberta
Reviewed 1 December 2013

After staying in many, many pre cruise hotels ONCE, I do believe we've finally found one we'll return to.
The Hampton 12th Ave has an AIRPORT SHUTTLE which was prompt and friendly.

Check in was a near disaster however, they had given my room to someone else! How does that happen? Although my last name is common, my first name is unique, so someone at the front desk was very careless when doing check in. To add insult to injury, when I was 'trying' to check in, the lady said I'll need to see proof of your reservation. Meanwhile, I'm holding my proof that says - reservation fully paid for etc. Then she says I'll need to see MORE proof!! Hello!! What more can I give her than their own confirmation email? Eventually then realized their mistake and did apologize greatly but this is none the less a problem one wants to run into after a long day of travel.

This hotel has a lovely foyer, nice BIG rooms, sparkling bathrooms, FREE breakfast included, and FREE cruiseport shuttle, and FREE WIFI. All these things add up to save $ and enhance the experience.

The hotel is also right next to a strip mall. The mall is a little sketchy but we walked over as a group and felt fine. There was a HUGE dollar store where we picked up all the things we dont bother to bring from home like hairspray, toothpaste etc. plus the things we'd forgotten like a brush! Also there was a Subway Restaurant which had the friendliest staff I've encountered in a long time - it was also clean, reasonable and delicious after a days travel.

Be sure to book your cruise port shuttle as soon as you arrive at the hotel if you are fussy about your time.

We were extrememly happy about the price we paid for the value we recieved and will definately consider this our first choice next time we're in FLL

2 Thank jaynak
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello there Jaynak!! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We do appreciate your business. I am so happy that you found the shuttle service to be prompt and friendly! Also you mentioned that you enjoyed the nice big room and the Sparkling Bathrooms! WOW...now thats a review! I do apologize about the mix up at check in....with so many arrivals each day, sometimes my front desk does make a mistake- they are human.....but i am so happy that we figured it out and fixed everything for you!

PA
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I can't say enough about this location regarding a cruise vacation starting point. The hotel was very pleasant and the staff could not have been any more helpful and accommodating - kudos to the staff!!! Rooms were comfortable and clean. Beds were great and the floor was quiet. But, the real positives were the shuttle and location. Free - yes complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and cruise dock. Hotel even has two flamingo decorated large shuttles. Desk is very organized and they give you shuttle reservation times so you know you will be okay for transport. Also, right next door is a strip mall with a Winn Dixie grocery store, restaurants, and spirits store. It is only a few steps away from the hotel so you can pick-up what you may need or forgotten. Also, plenty of take out delivery options if you want to eat in the lobby. Perfect location!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck2010
Greetings Chuck2010!! Thanks so much for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate you saying that my staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating!! I will pass along those kind comments! I am happy to hear that the room was clean and that you enjoyed the beds. (love those beds!) I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Sincerely
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel prior to our cruise. I traveled quite a bit for business in the past, and have stayed at quite a few Hampton Inns, and other Hilton Hotels, so I had an expectation of a certain level of comfort, and service. I also searched Trip Advisor and read reviews of this hotel prior to booking the reservation. That said; let me continue with the review. We arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale airport about 3 PM on a Saturday afternoon and I called the phone number for pick up as instructed. After providing airline terminal information, I was instructed to exit the terminal and proceed to the right down the street to a pickup area. I was told a shuttle would be there in about 15 minutes to pick us up. After seeing a shuttle for the hotel go past without stopping and waiting 20 minutes, I called the hotel back. I was told a shuttle was on the way, and it would be about 10 minutes. After 20 minutes, I called a third time, and they said 5 minutes. To make a long story short, it took about an hour to get picked up at the airport. Not what I was expecting, and since it was freezing when we left home early that morning, standing outside in 85 degree temps left us hot and more than a little irritated at the start of our vacation. When we got to hotel, I checked in with the young lady I had spoken with several times on the phone. They understood my frustration, and reduced the cost of the room to make up for the delay with the shuttle. It was nice gesture of remorse, and put me in a more forgiving mood. We signed up for a transfer time to the boat for the next day before we went up to our room. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and equipped as advertised with a fridge. The lobby area seemed a little dated, but the room was quite nice. There is a shopping center next door where you can pick up things you forgot, or were too heavy to pack. Breakfast the next morning was a little crowded, but was very good. Good variety of items and not all carbohydrates as some hotel breakfasts tend to be. As we waited in the lobby for the shuttle over to the boat, I realized why I thought the lobby was a little dated. It was from heavy use! There are a tremendous number of people that go in and out this hotel on the weekends to and from various cruises. When I saw the job the staff was doing trying to get everyone where they needed to be, with a smile on their faces, and the patience to deal with all types of people, it was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a place to stay before or after a cruise. Next cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, we will stay there again. One final note, on the shuttle ride over to the boat we met a wonderful woman who was on the same cruise as us with whom we became friends.

2 Thank PeterDG1951
Dear PeterDG 1951! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We do strive to offer the best service possible! After reading the whole review it does sound like you had a nice stay overall! I am so happy to hear that! My sincere apologies that you had to wait nearly an hour to be picked up. On busy cruise weekends we may receive up to 50 calls in the same half hour and we do our VERY best to get to everyone as quicly as possible! I run 3 full size shuttle busses every weekend just to try and keep up with the demand! We are blessed to run very busy cruise hotel and are full almost every weekend. On average our wait times usually go from 20 minutes up to 40 minutes if we are slammed. My apologies that it sounds like we did not do a good job in giving an accurate timeframe but i am very happy to hear that we did try "to make it right" at the hotel and you were happy with the outcome. I think it says a lot that you still gave a resounding recommendation for the hotel! Thanks! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!