2,121 results
All reviews cruise port pink flamingos strip mall big lots shuttle service front desk free shuttle dollar store next morning winn dixie dollar tree last minute items free breakfast lauderdale airport the breakfast area great place to stay across the street
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The main areas of the building basically didn't have any air conditioning on and it was 80+ degrees outside making it unbearable to walk around inside. The lobby and hallways were awful and had a stale smell. We were with a large group and didn't even want to meet them in the lobby to chat because it was so hot. Add the heat to breakfast and all of the people and it was ridiculous! We never even saw someone to complain to about it. Our room had a funky old smell and the linens were very rough and scratchy. I'd never stay here again. While close to the airport and cruise docks, there are other hotels in the area I'd choose instead. Also the shuttles are helpful but if you need to go to the airport while they are doing cruise port runs, you could wait an hour or more for the shuttle.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear MellyNYR143! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I do apologize that you felt the lobby was too hot and had a smell to it. We do have an enormous amount of guests that congregate in the lobby for breakfast and for cruise departure and during breakfast when we are cooking our items....I am sure it can get a little warmer. You are correct, not one guest said anything to me or my staff about it being too hot or stuffy. We would have been happy to turn down the air or do whatever it took to make all of our guests happy. I am not sure why you found your room to not be up to standard....yet you didnt let me or my staff know about it? You will not find a more responsive GM that will immediately take care of your issues and get you another room! I would love to say that my staff is perfect and always get it right 100% of the time....but oversights happen and we are always willing to help fix the issues. Future readers....please....if anything is not up to your expectations...please just ask for the GM or the Manager on duty and we will go out of our way to fix your issue!! We cant fix issues that we do not know about. We want ALL of our guests to be happy guests! We appreciate your business and would love to see you back on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

First of all I want to say the hotel staff is very courteous and professional. I made a reservation to stay here a total of 3 nights which was 2 days prior and one day after our cruise. When we checked in we were directed to a room on the 3rd floor. When we walked in we found the room had a very strong, foul odor. I called the front desk and was immediatly given a different room! No questions just a room change........quickly and quietly!
The second room was much smaller and had a worn out look. A wall plug was hanging on by a thread to the wall (fire hazard?) the beds were hard as concrete slabs and poor lighting in the entire room. I conveyed the above comments to the hotel manager when he asked me "how everything was". He apologized and assured me our room for the additional night,when we returned fromour cruise, would be larger and very nice. Well, we returned on the 30th of this month having faith we would be accommodated and ended up waiting 4 hours for the room to be cleaned. I was reminded that check in time was not until 3 anyways and they were very busy. I agree the hotel lobby was very crowded when we arrived and we expected to wait for the room to be available so we left and had lunch. When we came back 2 hours later the lobby had cleared and I went to the desk to inquire again about the status of our room. I was told they had not cleaned the room yey but it would not be toolong now. Keep inmind that all other rooms had been cleaned and the guests placed in the rooms....here we sat....now after 3 and we had been waiting since1030. What I was most upset about was the fact that noone did anything to attempt to rectify the situation. When I spoke to the manager he only gave me defensive excuses......please! We called a cab and went to another hotel where we were accommodated nicely and made to feel like our patronage was appreciated! I understand things happen and sometimes situations are unavoidable,but excuses instead of resolutions ....?..it would have made all the difference if they had just done something to show our disappointment mattered! Hilton better watch out for hotels like this using their name but bearing no resemblance whatsoever to the Hilton Hotel chain!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you have kids. They are larger and away from the elevators.
5  Thank Gaynelle S
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Gaynelle S, Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. My sincere apologies that you were not happy on your second stay with us (although you did make the choice not to actually stay in the hotel!) I do remember you telling me on your first stay with us that you had a few small issues at check out when i asked how your stay was...and I immediately apologized....and even without you asking....I took 30% off the bill to try and make it right! On your second stay with us you arrived VERY early right before 10am and we were blessed to be sold out like we are most weekends. Check out time in the hotel is 12 noon so we have to wait for the rooms to be vacated and we do have to have the rooms cleaned and inspected.(we also had a wait list of 20+ guests that had arrived before you) Your wait was a tad longer because we were trying to get you into one of our larger Handicap accessible double rooms because you were trying to accommodate 4 or 5 in the room- we only have a few of those types of rooms. We did actually tell your husband that we could have gotten you into a different room before that....but he chose to wait. Your room was still ready BEFORE check in time at 3pm but you chose to go to another hotel. I apologize that we were not able to get you checked into the hotel before our legal check in time of 3pm- we are happy to accommodate those kinds of requests when we are not full, but cannot guarantee it especially on busy cruise weekends. I am happy that the new hotel met your needs better than we were able to, and would love to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Liked this hotel much better than others stayed in before a cruise. Good service by front desk and shuttle staff. Free shuttle to/from airport and cruiseport (look for the flamingoes on the side or on top of the shuttle). The location is also across side street from shopping center to give more eating options and to pick up last minute items before the cruise. Full breakfast available. Worth the extra money to stay here. Will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Top floor seems to be very quiet. Also north side should be quieter because it will be facing away from main road.
2  Thank dbinhou7511

Greetings dbinhous7511!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled to hear that you were very happy with the service at the front desk and shuttle staff! Thanks also for saying that you will be back to see us on your next cruise! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This has to be one of the best values around! The hotel offers complementary pick up from the airport and drop off at the cruise terminal, a value of at least $30. Additionally, it offers a free, very decent breakfast (valued at, at least $10) and has a small but adequate fitness room. The room was clean and the bed was wonderful. What was most surprising given the frenetic pace of travelers coming and going was the service! The front desk staff was available, courteous and prompt to respond. The service staff was equally welcoming and helpful. What value and service!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DrDianaSacramento

Hello there DrDianaSacramento!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be clean and the Service to be welcoming and friendly! I am happy that you found the hotel offerings to be quite a value as well. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is close to the Port Everglades cruise port and was very convenient for us as a pre-cruise hotel. Availability of a shuttle to the boat is a big reason for us to be there. Hotel is in pretty good shape, but is starting to age a little. Staff was good to deal with on pick up and the shuttle. Breakfast could be a little better.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello there James G! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It appears you had a good stay and mentioned the helpfulness of the front desk and the shuttle service was a value to you. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!