Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Saint Peters, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a great hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and neat. The van/shuttle service from the airport was prompt, safe and reliable. The van/shuttle service to Port Everglades was awesome and very well organized.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Carol B
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Greetings Carol!! Thanks so much for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and neat as well as the staff to be pleasant and helpful! Most of all , I am happy that you thought our new shuttle service was Awesome and well organized!! I agree, I think its much better! Thanks again for your feedback and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit Across the state in SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Winter Haven
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Love this hotel for pre-cruise stay. Buy the package for parking your car while you are away and they shuttle you to and from the Port Everglades cruise terminal. You can feel safe about leaving your car here as well. The hotel like all Hampton Inns is very clean and friendly as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank James W
Hello there James! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business and love hearing your feedback. I am so happy that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly! Thanks also for saying that you felt safe leaving your car with us while you went on a cruise. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for our cruise. I thought is was clean, efficient and well managed. The load out for the shuttle did not go perfectly but when you travel a lot, things happen... Overall, a good choice. The breakfast could have been better but not bad.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Greetings David H! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you found the room to be clean, effiecient and thanks for saying the hotel was well managed! (Tip of the ole GM cap to ya!) Good news David....we have upgraded our shuttle offering and it is running much smoother! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Estes Park, CO
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Thin walls make to a nosy stay. Then the water pipes made a loud banging nose. Told front desk and did get a small discount. Booked four days but only stayed one night. Shuttle service they offered when we booked is no longer available. Now you pay a private company to take you to airport or cruise port.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dutchman59
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Dutchman59! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay. I am sorry you found the hotel to be old and noisy. (if you read most of our reviews....you will not find too many issues with noise....we actually are one of the best insulated hotels by the airport!) I think you are the guest that i actually chased down in the parking lot once I heard that you were not happy with your stay....and I offered you a decent amount off the room for your inconvenience! I wished you would have mentioned then that you would have liked more off....i would have been happy to try and make it right by you! That is my mission as GM of this property....to ensure that everyone has a great stay!) As far as the shuttle goes....we actually upgraded the service by outsourcing larger buses that could accommodate the massive demand we have for cruisers! I have been told many times over the last few weeks...that the shuttle service to the cruise port is seamless. fantastic and MUCH better than our previous shuttle offering! Again, My sincere apologies that you were not happy with your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We found this hotel by mistake through Hotel.Com. When we first walked in we were a bit intimidated by the number of guests in the lobby. The hotel offers free parking and a shuttle ( I believe there is now a small charge for the shuttle) to the airport and/or a cruise terminal. The hotel is a bit worn for a Hampton but the staff is good and friendly. We were pleased that even though the hotel was crowded the facilities supported enough room for the quests for breakfast. The most impressive thing was when you where ready to leave for your cruise a hotel manager was out in front directing the guests to the correct shuttle answering questions and really made it fun and a smooth operation. If we were coming in early for a cruise we would stay here again. If we were just looking for a hotel to stay in Ft Lauderdale we would look for another with less cruise gest traffic.

Room Tip: Consider a room on an upper floor as the lobby is a bit crowded and noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Bob S
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hello Bob S! Nice to hear from guests from my home state of Kansas!! Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel! I am thrilled that you found the staff to be good and friendly and very happy that the shuttle met your needs! Just for clarification about out shuttle offerings- as of January 1, 2014 we did start charging a nominal fee of $5 per person to go to the port and airport shuttle is free as always! (believe me, the new shuttle arrangments are Soooooo worth the $5 as it is smooth sailing and much more organized!!) We also do charge for Long Term parking if you leave your car with us for a cruise but it is only $50 for up to 10 days. Bob, I do appreciate your business and want to welcome you back on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Eaton Rapids, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I found this to be the best pre-cruise hotel that my wife and I have used. It is very close to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and to the cruise port. There is a handy shopping strip mall across the street and several good places to eat close by. The staff was helpful and friendly; shuttle service was prompt and convinient.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Timothy C
Howdy Timothy C! Thanks so much for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I truly appreciate you saying that this was the BEST cruise hotel that you have stayted in! That means a lot and is a huge compliment!! I am so happy that you thought the staff was friendly, helpful and that the shuttle service was prompt! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was here for only one night as I was on an early morning flight out of FLL. While not new, the hotel is clean and quiet (at least the night I was there). Rooms were spacious and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was more than I anticipated and quite good - scrambled eggs, make-it-yourself waffles, variety of breads. There is a shuttle from and to the airport. This is not a destination hotel but I would not hesitate to stay here again. Staff was helpful and accommodations comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Walking16
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hello There Walking16! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you found the room to be clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable! It also sounds like the staff and the breakfast impressed you as well! Thanks again and I would love to welcome you back on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!