“Perfect cruise hotel”

Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Pickerington
“Perfect cruise hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel Feb. 19 pre-cruise and Feb. 24 post-cruise. This has been one of my best experiences with a hotel associated with a cruise EVER!! Airport shuttle was there but our one piece of luggage took longer so we missed it. However, standing in the nice warmth waiting was not an issue and shuttle driver came 15-20 minutes later and was very nice. All the staff has been trained very well to go above and beyond customer service wise. Shuttle service to the port (which i guess they now charge $5 each way) is seamless and driver is also very professional and quick. Post cruise pick up is also excellent. We were renting a car and so he took us right to the airport vs. back to hotel (wasn't sure how that would work but not an issue). Breakfast is excellent and they even gave us a bottle of wine for our anniversary post-cruise!!! Not sure where all the "bad" rooms are, but our room both times was perfectly fine. Nice pool area and shopping center for wine/liquor/food is right next door. Several fast food restaurants nearby as well. PERFECT!!

Room Tip: We always try high floor away from elevate. Ice machines at this hotel are on 2 and 4.
1 Thank julietravelut
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Greetings Julietravellut!! WOWOWOW!! Now THATS a super review! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about my hotel and my staff! I am so happy to hear you say that this is one of the Best Experiences that you have ever had with a cruise port hotel. My staff does there very best to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay! (Happy Anniversary again by the way!) I also appreciate you saying that the new transportation to the cruise port was seemless.....we have had some guests have concern over the changes....but the feedback I have received so far has been SUPER! ps....there are no "Bad" rooms! ....:)
Thanks again for your fantastic review and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Sherrill, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel caters to cruisers and I would highly recommend it. The desk staff was outstanding and helped provide any of our requests. One of the staff was very helpful in assisting my wife in downloading some books for her Kindle. The also assisted in getting us a shuttle to travel to some of the local restaurants and were also very helpful and friendly. We used the shuttle for both the cruise and the airport and they were always very courteous and friendly. The hotel itself is very modern and clean with good employees, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 1945Russ911
Greetings 1945Russ911! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought our front desk staff was Outstanding!! I also appreciate you saying that the hotel was clean! I really appreciate your busines and would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family of four stayed here before an early departure from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The staff behind the counter were very nice. Offered my twin boys free ice cream after dinner and gave a great recommendation for a mexican restaurant. I thought the price was a little high for the accommodations. The hotel was dated and beds were just ok. There was a knocking noise the entire night. We think it might have been the air-conditioning but not completely sure. We will not stay here again because we stayed at another hotel in the area that we really liked for the same price. Granted that hotel was gotten from a hotwire deal. See other hotel reviews for name of that hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JeninAkron
Hello JeninAkron! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you thought the staff was very nice and that you enjoyed our recommendation for dinner! I do apologize that you felt the price was too high- High Season in Florida is always a tough time to find attractive rates! Please feel free to contact me directly about the Knocking noise so that we can identify the problem and try and make it right with you. Thanks for letting us know and I would love to welcome youb back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Chelmsford
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Chose to stay at this hotel because it is a Hampton Inn and was convenient to an early morning flight out from FLL. Upon booking the cost seemed outrageous for a Hampton Inn but we knew it was about being close to the airport and using the shuttle services and other hotels in the region were expensive. In these situations usually the Hampton Inn is the best choice. Unfortunately, the hotel is not up to the Hampton Inn standards. Room was very basic and although appeared clean was outdated and not very appealing. Again, did I tell you that it cost a lot of money! Not sure what the solution is but will probably look for someplace else next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hello Mpm01824! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We do appreciate your business! I am happy that you thought the hotel and the room was clean! I am sorry that you felt the price was outrageous! If I were to be honestly....I would probably agree! All hotels in South Florida during HIGH SEASON are priced much higher than they normally would be (it is kind of like going to New Orleans....during Mardi Gras....you will find regular Hampton Inns just like my hotel... priced at $400+). It is just simply supply and demand. When there are one star hotels in our area that are priced at $250.....it would be foolish to price ourselves any less! Unfortunately the only answer is to try and book REALLY EARLY....or stay away from cruising during the Highest Season in South Florida which is January through March- Come see me in June....I will give you all the $99 rates you will buy from me!....:)
Again, my apologies on the rate....but I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I want to start off, to be fair, complimenting the general manager of the hotel for his responsiveness when we contacted him to complain, and he helped us receive a 50% credit back for our room charge. We stayed here because we had an early morning flight out of the Fort Lauderdale airport -- we arrived fairly late in the evening and had to get up extremely early, so our stay was very brief. It took a while for the shuttle to come for us. We were courteously greeted at the front desk, but when we entered our room (booked at $320 a night), it really didn't meet the standards of other hampton inns where we have stayed. The carpet seemed musty and kind of icky to walk on. There was a cigarette smell in the room (for which the management compensated us by reducing the room rate). The bathroom was clean but with chipped grout and some peeling paint, very spartan feel. Overall it had the feeling of what would be a decent $99 roadside motor inn -- not a $320 Hampton Inn room. We had to leave at 5:30 a.m., so we couldn't take advantage of breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello Wjs! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I do apologize, I assumed we had the issues fixed to your satisfaction when we spoke earlier and I apologized for your stay and gave you everything you asked for. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. When we chatted, I pointed out that all you have to do is let someone know...and we will be MORE than happy to get you another room if we happen to miss something..... or be happy to fix the problem anyway that makes you happy. My sincere apologies that you were not happy with your room. We want all of our guests to be happy guests! The rate you pay is simply a function of supply and demand- if you make your reservations late during what is considered to be "High Season" in South Florida for cruise season.....that is what you pay to stay in this area. There are many one and two star hotels that are getting close to $300 a night on busy cruise nights. We are merely pricing ourselves competitively with the market. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here last Jan (2013) and after a really bad expereience with another hotel (Feb.2014) I went back to find this one for a future booking. Now realize I never rated it.

This hotel is Very Good and Very Convenient. Just a 3 minute walk across the street and you will find a Shopping Strip where you can go into a Dollar-Type store for forgotten needs, a Big Davy's Liqour Store and a Foodmart to keep you belly feed inexpensively. Nice breakfast at the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Good Value !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sakamato
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Greetings Sakamato! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Thanks for remembering us! I am so happy that you thought our hotel was very good and you liked it enough to come back again with us! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

NYC
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn the night before a cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale. When we arrived at the airport we called the hotel from baggage pickup. The shuttle van was there in less than 5 minutes. Everything ran smoothly. The rooms were neat and clean. I was impressed with the hospitality of the hotel staff and manager. Lovely pool on the premises. A full complimentary breakfast was served in the morning. The shuttle to the ship also ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 Thank CruiserNyc
Hello there CruiserNYC! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrillled that you found the hotel to be clean and neat and thanks for saying that you were impressed by our hospitality! I have been blessed with a great staff! Thanks also for saying that you would recommend my hotel and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!