“The Perfect Pre-Cruise Hotel”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The Perfect Pre-Cruise Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel has an excellent staff that will help out with your every need. We stayed in a suite with the kids. The kids made use of their pool and my wife and I made time to relax while they played. Breakfast is always awesome at Hampton Inn and the lady who made it was extremely helpful. Since my family are not early risers I went down to get them breakfast and the staff accommodated me with trays to take breakfast up for them. The rooms are always in good shape when we arrive with big fluffy pillows and comforters. There is transportation from the hotel via a new van that was purchased which can hold about 16 people.

Room Tip: Try a suite especially if you have kids, they have adjoining rooms as well
2 Thank Meeganism
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Greetings Meeganism! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We do appreciate your business! I am very happy that enjoyed the pool and the breakfast! Thanks for giving Kudos to Raquel our breakfast attendant- she does a great job! Glad you enjoyed the suite...but unfortunately our hotel only has one suite so it sounds like you got lucky to reserve it! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

we stayed here march 3rd because we love Hampton Inns and hoped this one would live up to the reputation we have come to expect. We checked in only one day ahead of our cruise and were greeted with great smiles and hospitality. The hotel is friendly from the lobby to our room with many areas in between being just homey but warm and filled with friendly people who were also, like us, just stopping over on our way to where ever. The pool was clean and in a nice location. The staff helped us before we even arrived by making sure we had all the info on the area, transportation to and from both the airport and ship we were going on. This may not sound like much but believe me it gets hectic the closer you get to beginning your vacation. You just don't need last minute hassles and worries about where you need to be or what you have to do.
We drove to Florida and needed to figure out what to do with our car for 11 days. Well their parking lot was well lit and made me feel safe about leaving it. It was a nominal fee and transportation to and from the ship also was reasonable.
All in all we haven't had a bad time since we started staying at Hilton properties especially Hampton Inns and once again we weren't disappointed. BTW the breakfast was great also.

Room Tip: any room should be good, we were near the elevator and didn't hear it. the way your car faces if...
2 Thank tctommy
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Greetings tctommy! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrlled that you found my staff to be helpful and friendly as well as the pool being clean and the shuttle was effiecient and reasonable! That is what a GM loves to hear! I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Paradise!

Sincerely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

A free shuttle bus sporting pink flamingoes will fetch you at the airport and whisk you off to this hotel, which is an excellent over-nighter for a cruise or a gateway to a South Florida vacation.
The staff here go out of their way to welcome you and ensure that everything is satisfactory. I'd like to make special mention of Front Desk Manager, Kim, and give a shout out to Raquel (whose smile lit up the Breakfast Room) and Rademus for their superior hospitality.
Breakfast and WiFi is included.
Right next door is the Southland Shopping Center with a good selection of shops and restaurants.

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank KYnl
Howdy KYnl! Thanks for taking a moment to fill out a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Yes...the PINK FLAMINGO'S are our Hotel Mascot! In a sea of white vans at the airport...ya cant miss the Pink Flamingo's on the side of the vans! I am very proud that 3 of my staff members made a positive impact on your stay. Rademus , Kim and of course our hard working breakfast attendant Raquel..... are all very good employees who do their very best to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay! Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Gaylord, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Excellent Service. The hotel is in a safe location and conveniently located to shopping for last minute items, airport and cruise lines. They provide shuttle service and are helpful with luggage. Rooms are quiet and clean. The complimentary breakfast is the best I've had from any hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank Barbara C
Howdy there Barbara C! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you found the service at the hotel to be Excellent and the room to be clean and quiet! We truly appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I chose this hotel to stay at before my family cruise due to their offerings of a complimentary airport shuttle and their shuttle service to the cruise terminal. We were quickly picked up from the airport (great idea to have pink flamingos to help your vans stand out from the rest!) and check-in was a breeze. I was able to easily sign up for the shuttle service to the cruise terminal for $5/pp. The front desk agents also assisted us with transportation to 15th Street Fisheries for dinner as well. The next morning the breakfast was nice and then after check-out the process to get everyone on the shuttle to the cruise terminal was as smooth as could be! Great job organizing such an easy process! All of the staff members were very friendly! I also greatly appreciated David the General Manager personally greeting and thanking each of the guests for staying and inviting them back again. As a person in the hotel industry myself I was very impressed with the hospitality I received at this property! Would definitely recommend to others and would stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 Thank Elizabeth C
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Greetings Elizabeth, I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the Front Desk to be helpful and friendly as well as the shuttle transportation to and from the airport as well as to the cruise port to be fast and efficient!(Yes the Flamingo's help us be seen in a sea of plain white vans!) Thanks also for giving the ole GM a shout out! I Truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back on your next visit to PARADISE!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here the night before leaving for a Disney Cruise and it was a wonderful experience! From check in with Kim Cognet to Jean driving me to Walgreens to pick up a prescription that I left at home, our kids and grand kids really enjoyed everything. Raquel was a perfect hostess at breakfast and Kim was able to arrange transportation to our cruise port. And, while it cost. $85 for our group of 6 to get into Miami port, it was much less expensive than paying a premium price in Miami! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Robin A
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Greetings Robin A! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that your most recent stay with us was a "Wonderful Experience"! I am thrilled that 3 members of my staff made such a strong impression on you.....Raquel, Kim and Jean....They all are great employees that do their best to take care of our guests! Thanks so much for saying that you would stay here again, that is the biggest compliment you can give us! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Our party of eight stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. This hotel is very conveniently located near the airport and cruise port.
We found the transportation offerings to be excellent! The hotel shuttle from the airport was prompt to arrive and clean. Shuttle service to the port was well organized and easy.
The hotel is within walking distance of a strip mall with restaurant choices, a grocery store and a liquor store. What more could be needed? Since we used shuttle transportation and had no car, this was a wonderful convenience.
The hotel was clean, rooms were ready when we arrived and the breakfast was quite good.
We will be staying here again next year!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Laurie L
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Greetings Laurie L! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought the rooms were clean and the breakfast was good! Thanks also for mentioning that you found the transportation to the port to be Excellent! We are hearing really good feedback about our new shuttle offering and we are very happy they worked well for you. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!