“Location, Location, and Parking!”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Location, Location, and Parking!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The price may seem a bit high, but if you are taking a cruise, this offers a lot of value and convenience. Room had a refrig, microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast had oatmeal, waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal STRONG coffee, and lots of fresh fruit, and more. Right across a narrow road (less than a 5 minute walk) is a strip mall where you can buy anything you forgot for your cruise : ) . Besides Big Lots, Dollar Store, and many more, there are at least 3 restaurants, including a Sports Bar, German restaurant, and Latin cafe. The hotel will also let you keep your car parked in their lot for $50 for up to 10 days while you cruise, while the cruise terminal charges $20 a day. You can take the hotel transportation to and from the cruise terminal for $5 each way. Staff was wonderful. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the 4th floor with handicapped access. This means that the bathroom was lar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Greetings Two2fortheroad! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel had a lot of conveniences and that you enjoyed the breakfast! I am glad to hear that you found our parking arrangement to be a value as well. Thanks for saying that the staff was wonderful and that you recommend my hotel! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel staff made my stay one of the best I've ever experienced. I travel 10-12 times per year for business and this Hampton had some of the best customer service agents I have ever interacted with.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Robyn C
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello there Robyn C! THANKS so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. WOW!! Now thats a great review! I am thrilled that you thought my staff had some of the "Best Customer Service Agents" you have ever interacted with! Thanks for saying that! I have been very blessed to have a GREAT staff that truly cares about providing Extraordinary Customer Service! I will share your comments with all of them. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived late after a long flght to LA. After calling the hotel, the easy to find bus arrived within minutes and took us to the hotel for a quick check inn. The room was just very good in all respects. Quiet, large bedroom and bathroom. very comfortable bed and pillows, which allowed us a good undisturbed nights sleep.
Breakfast was in the downstairs area, and offered a reasonable range of items - Basic continental style. Nothing to rave about here, but satisfactory. All the dinner ware and cutlery was throw away plastic! I hope it all gets recycled.
The transfer to the cruise port was very well organised even though there were 6 cruise ships to deliver people and luggage to, it was clearly something the transfer company and the hotel were used to doing every day.

Green Features: The throw away items at breakfast is a disgrace probably for "health and safety" reasons, but I fear is standard practice in the US.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geebob1
Greetings GeeBob1! Thanks for writing a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We love hearing from our previous guests. I am happy that you found the room to be clean it to be large. Sounds like you also enjoyed our beds and pillows!(we get more compliments on our beds than just about anything!). Good news Geebob, we are actually a green property and we use the biodegradable "Taterware" plates, bowls and cutlery. We do our best to separate the appropriate items and we have a dumpster out back for "Green" items and a regular one! I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to paradise!

Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise the next day works great. The hotel is a little dated but is clean and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a mid-priced hotel convenient for the port.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Howdy Lizbee 13! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We enjoy hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found the staff to be very pleasant and Helpful as well as enjoying our location and our shuttle service! Thanks also for saying that you would recommend my hotel in the future. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Another great stay with my friends at hampton ! Clean comfortable rooms, great customer service. Lily is great at front desk. She is very helpful and exhibits excellent customer service. The women who manage the breakfast are wonderful. They are very busy with the crowds of pre-cruisers, but maintain calm and friendly. It is always nice to see David the GM every time we visit, he is definitely an involved GM who takes pride in his hotel and staff. Hope to see him again at our next visit in a couple weeks. (Yes, we were just there in March and coming back in April!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bridget1234
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Bridget1234!! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We enjoy hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled to hear that Lilly, Raquel and Tiffany(Breakfast) made a positive impression on your during your last stay! I have been blessed with a GREAT staff and they all work very hard to ensure all of our guests are happy with their stay with us. Thanks also for giving the Ole GM some kudo's as well and yes.....I sincerely to take pride in my hotel and my wonderful staff! Thanks so much for continuing to use my hotel for your visits to South Florida- that is a huge compliment! And of course I will be here to greet you on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 April 2014

They lost our reservation, blamed our travel agent and treated us horribly. We were forced to stay on a pull out couch in a stranger's room. They refunded our money...........as they should have. I don't remember asking to pay to stay in someone else's room. Hotel was dirty, smoky and someplace I would NEVER recommend. They offered us a free night there. Big help that is.....I live in MA. Customer service is last on their list!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marci B
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Marci B! After reviewing the original review, it appears you stayed at a different Hampton inn and Not ours. I do apologize for the issues that you experienced at this Hampton. We want all of our guests to be happy ones. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy tell you which Hampton you actually stayed at.

New Providence Island
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Clean rooms, comfy bed, good service, great breakfast, lobby wasn't greatest but the bang for the buck made it so worth my one night stay. Highly recommend. Good place for a few nights stay. I didn't check out the pool area. Oh, management, reception employes were some of the nicest people I have ever met.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Greetings Lynn R! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean....the bed to be comfy and the staff to be outstanding! Thanks for saying that our staff was some of the nicest people you have met! I have been VERY blessed to have a great staff! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip back to paradise!!