Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Almont, MI
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Clean, convenient and perfect for a night before or after a cruise. Shuttle from airport is included and have a shuttle you can purchase to cruiseport! Enjoyed the pool and complimentary breakfast. With so many hotels in the area its hard to know whats a good one! This is it! Would do this again next time!

2 Thank PickyT_13
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Greetings PickyT_13! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you thought the hotel was clean, the shuttle to be Convenient and it sounds like you enjoyed the pool and breakfast as well. Thanks so much for saying my hotel is one of the "good ones" and for saying that you would return to the hotel. That being said....I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit back to Paradise!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hotel was nice, nothing special by itself--but the staff and service was the best!!!
Courteous, helpful, knowledgeable, with good breakfast, freshly baked cookies, and nice sitting area for hanging out. Also near a strip mall with lots of options and food choices.

Room Tip: middle room was small, but on return after cruise we had a corner room that was very spacey!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bluerev1
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Greetings Troy B! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I really appreciate when Senior Contributors write reviews because you guys travel all over the country and are able to see hotel and service offerings everywhere. Thanks for saying our service is the BEST! I may be partial.....but I agree! I have been very blessed with a staff that truly cares about giving great service and taking care of our guests needs. It also sounds like you enjoyed our breakfast and our convenient location to restaurants and shops. Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Columbus, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Pros: Nice, clean hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Cons: It was expensive for a Hampton but any hotel worth staying in Ft. Lauderdale is expensive.

1 Thank Michael C
Hello there Michael C! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and an even bigger compliment is that you said you would come back! I am so happy that the room was clean and you found my staff to be friendly! Yes, I agree, this time of year....it is expensive to stay in any cruiseport hotel....we just try and stay with the market. I appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Paradise!

atlanta, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

nice hotel for cruise port.. free breakfast was a plus and at the time we were there not crowded. Shuttle service took a while to arrive at airport, however it also took us to a nice restaurant and picked us back up. Hotel was aging but it was clean and met our needs

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Howdy Joyce A! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy you thought the hotel was nice and good for cruise port business! It also sounds like you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. It is true, we are not the shiny new penny on the block....but if you want EXTRAORDINARY SERVICE, a clean room and easy shuttle service to the cruise port and airport....we are your hotel! Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The price may seem a bit high, but if you are taking a cruise, this offers a lot of value and convenience. Room had a refrig, microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast had oatmeal, waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal STRONG coffee, and lots of fresh fruit, and more. Right across a narrow road (less than a 5 minute walk) is a strip mall where you can buy anything you forgot for your cruise : ) . Besides Big Lots, Dollar Store, and many more, there are at least 3 restaurants, including a Sports Bar, German restaurant, and Latin cafe. The hotel will also let you keep your car parked in their lot for $50 for up to 10 days while you cruise, while the cruise terminal charges $20 a day. You can take the hotel transportation to and from the cruise terminal for $5 each way. Staff was wonderful. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the 4th floor with handicapped access. This means that the bathroom was lar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Greetings Two2fortheroad! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel had a lot of conveniences and that you enjoyed the breakfast! I am glad to hear that you found our parking arrangement to be a value as well. Thanks for saying that the staff was wonderful and that you recommend my hotel! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel staff made my stay one of the best I've ever experienced. I travel 10-12 times per year for business and this Hampton had some of the best customer service agents I have ever interacted with.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Robyn C
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello there Robyn C! THANKS so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. WOW!! Now thats a great review! I am thrilled that you thought my staff had some of the "Best Customer Service Agents" you have ever interacted with! Thanks for saying that! I have been very blessed to have a GREAT staff that truly cares about providing Extraordinary Customer Service! I will share your comments with all of them. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived late after a long flght to LA. After calling the hotel, the easy to find bus arrived within minutes and took us to the hotel for a quick check inn. The room was just very good in all respects. Quiet, large bedroom and bathroom. very comfortable bed and pillows, which allowed us a good undisturbed nights sleep.
Breakfast was in the downstairs area, and offered a reasonable range of items - Basic continental style. Nothing to rave about here, but satisfactory. All the dinner ware and cutlery was throw away plastic! I hope it all gets recycled.
The transfer to the cruise port was very well organised even though there were 6 cruise ships to deliver people and luggage to, it was clearly something the transfer company and the hotel were used to doing every day.

Green Features: The throw away items at breakfast is a disgrace probably for "health and safety" reasons, but I fear is standard practice in the US.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geebob1
Greetings GeeBob1! Thanks for writing a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We love hearing from our previous guests. I am happy that you found the room to be clean it to be large. Sounds like you also enjoyed our beds and pillows!(we get more compliments on our beds than just about anything!). Good news Geebob, we are actually a green property and we use the biodegradable "Taterware" plates, bowls and cutlery. We do our best to separate the appropriate items and we have a dumpster out back for "Green" items and a regular one! I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to paradise!