“my ewperience with Hampton” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, United States
“my ewperience with Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was great just recommend they Improve on their customer service and how they treat each individual person as they are important. The Hotel it self was great and the rooms was outstanding the breakfast was good. I will most definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank David B
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Greetings David B! (GREAT first name and last inital!) I am thrilled that you thought we had improved our customer service offering and that you felt we treat each guest as very important people....(its because YOU ARE!). We love our guests and I am so happy to hear that you would definately come back and stay with us! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arrived late night before catching an AM cruise. Staff was very helpful - going above and beyond which was MUCH appreciated. Grocery store and Dollar Tree across the street - great for last minute needs. Would definitely recommend due to great staffing. Breakfast was good. Rooms clean and functional. Thanks for kicking-off our trip with such a great stay!

2 Thank Helen S
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Greetings CasaSutton! I would love to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy Guests! I am thrilled that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful as well as the room to be clean and functional! (Thanks also for giving kudo's to the ole GM!) I am very happy that you felt we started your trip off right! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!!

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a nice stay last year before a cruise and found it excellent again this year. We had prompt pickup at the airport, a clean quiet room and helpful friendly front desk service. It no longer provides transportation to cruise port but arranges private service for $6/person. The manager was again here in the morning to meet his guests and make sure all is going smoothly. Breakfast was the standard but well served.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RaleighNCtravel
Hello RaleighNCTraveler! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am so happy that you found the hotel to be just as Great as it was on your first visit! It is nice to hear that the room was clean and the service was friendly! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!!

Brattleboro, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was a great hotel to stay in for our family. Our son enjoyed the pool with his grandfather. We stayed only one night and shuttle service from airport to hotel was complimentary was great. Cruise shuttle was not expensive and included in folio not to have to pay separate was nice. GM went above and beyond thanking us for our business on the shuttle that was a nice touch. Great service from front desk!! Breakfast was good.

2 Thank luvtostay555
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Howdy Luvtostay555! We LUV Having ya too! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I sincerely appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel was nice and that my staff provided great service to you and your family! I am also happy you thought our new shuttle service to the port met your needs. It is my sincere pleasure to try and send off all my happy cruisers with a hearty THANK YOU and enjoy your cruise!! Thanks again and I do wish you welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Underwood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We choose this hotel as it has proven very dependable and pleasant! Our airline should have gotten in at 8p.m. but wasn't in until 9:30 p.m. We called and was picked at one terminal in very good time and the shuttle picked up a second group of 7 from Denmark at the second terminal. All of us checked in and it was 10 p.m. by the time my husband and I walked to the plaza for something to eat. the restaurants were closed at 10p.m. so we went into the Winn Dixie and purchased subs. We sat outside by the pool and ate a late supper. We were going on a cruise so eating something large was not necessary. We purchased a shuttle trip to cruise port, and was given a choice of 3 different times, we chose the late one but later changed our minds to the second pickup and was graciously given the change. My husband and I went back to the plaza in the morning and purchased a bottle of wine at the liquor store and I needed an item from the Sally's Beauty store so this location is great. Our cruise line allows passengers to take one bottle of wine per passenger on so we took advantage of this perk on Princess! Breakfast is always good and we LOVE the guava juice that is tradition here, not just the regular orange and apple like at so many other hotels. Our stay was late and short but were met with nothing but clean rooms and great customer service. I look forward to this hotel as our pre-cruise stay as it always meets our needs and leaves a great lasting impression!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank David D
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Greetings David D! Thanks so much for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you had a great experience and found the room to be clean and said the customer service was GREAT! Glad to hear you enjoy Guave juice....I agree....it is a nice change of pace for breakfast! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Northern NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is an average hotel, offering an average experience, with an average breakfast. I did not experience anything that would justify the gushing reviews here. It was fine for a quick overnight, but nothing more.

1 Thank 2DisneyDads
Hello there 2DisneyDads! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. My humble apologies that we did not seem to impress you during your stay with us. We usually do everything in our power to try and ensure that all guests come away from my hotel with a great experience, and I sorry to hear that we missed the mark with you. As you mentioned in your review...most of our reviews are very positive and we take a lot of pride in that. Your review did not mention any specific issues that you had and I would love to welcome you to contact me directly if you would like to share more of your experience. We want all of our guests to be happy guests! Thanks for sharing your feedback and love to welcome you back.

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn after a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. The hotel is small, but most of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale are small and old. We had a misunderstanding at check in regarding hotel shuttle fees, but the check in clerk handled the problem professionally and efficiently. This hotel gets a lot of traffic on cruise days and I feel they handle the traffic very well. A few were disappointed that they couldn't check in when they arrived at 10am, but to be fair to the hotel (which was completely booked the night before) what can you expect. The hotel kept our luggage for us, and were were given a room by 1pm. Posted hotel check in is not until 3pm. The rooms are very clean, well stocked, and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is better than most hotels continental breakfasts (Hampton Inn includes hot items like, waffles, eggs, and breakfast meat), plus what you normally find: cereal, muffins, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee. Transportation from the cruise port is very efficient, and only costs $4 per person. The front desk staff was also very knowledgeable and helpful about the area of Ft. Lauderdale. Finally, there is an excellent dollar store w/in walking distance of the hotel for pre-cruise travelers where you can get anything you forgot to pack.

1 Thank Carla G
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello there Carla G! Thanks for taking a moment to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you thought the room was clean and the staff was friendly! I also appreciate you helping to point out that since we have had the blessings of being full most weekends.....that it becomes VERY difficult to get people checked in early in the morning. (We obviously have to wait until the current guest checks out, we then clean the room, then it needs to be inspected). Some days we can get folks checked in as early as noon, other days it may be until 2 or 3. Keep in mind that the official check in time in most hotels is 3pm- but we do our darndest to get you checked in and settled so you can enjoy SUNNY FLORIDA! We also will hold your bags if the rooms is not ready so you can explore on your own. Lastly, I do want to point out that the cost for the shuttle is $6 per person and it is the best $6 bucks you will ever spend! Shuttle is Fantastic, easy and is usually right on time! I sincerely appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!