“Great place to leave vehicle while cruising”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Great place to leave vehicle while cruising”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is good, the bathrooms are a bit dated, but this is a great place to leave your vehicle while cruising. We left our there for a 19 day trans atlantic cruise. Worked out well. They have a cruise and park rate. We stayed the nights before and after our cruise. The staff is very good. There is a Thai restaurant in a strip mall (with Big Lots) right behind the hotel that is beyond excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello there Shirley! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am very happy that you thought the hotel was good, the staff very good and thought it was a great place to leave a vehicle before your cruise! I thank you for your comments and your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Paradise!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was clean, well maintained and definitely tuned to the needs of people both pre and post cruise. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was definitely a great way to begin our cruise. There were free shuttles to a nice Restuarant and there is a strip mall across the street where you can pick up anything you might have forgotten.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank larry b
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Larry B! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel! I am so happy that you found the room to be clean and the staff to be friendly and helpful! I am glad that you also enjoyed our free shuttle service within a mile of the hotel. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Brandywine, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We got married on the Allure of the Seas on 4/29. We started to prepare for our cruise in Jul 2013 and contacted Elaine Dejesus since we had a group of 10 coming with us. From the beginning Elaine was FANTASTIC. She made our group reservations and from July to April we corresponded with changes, room preferences and all the time Elaine made sure everything was PERFECT. Royal Caribbean wedding planners stressed but the best part and less stressful was Elaine and Hampton Inn. When we arrived on 4/26 the staff was fantastic. They made sure our group had everything and even set up our shuttle to the ship at one time. I am a Hilton Honors member so I stay at all Hilton properties. But if I am in Ft Lauderdale for cruising, business or pleasure I will ONLY stay at this hotel. Book the hotel for your cruise....you won't regret it. Thanks you Elaine and the staff for starting off our marriage PERFECT. Without you we would have been so stressed. BOOK NOW...THEY ARE THE GREATEST.

Room Tip: Every room was clean and great. Stay at this hotel
3 Thank Alan H
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Greetings Alan H!! CONGRATULATIONS!! We are honored that you picked our hotel to stay at before you went on your cruise and were married! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that our staff made such a good impression on you! Especially Elaine Dejesus, she is one of best employees and works awfully hard to ensure our groups are taken care of! I am so happy that your room was perfect and that you enjoyed our shuttle service to the cruise port. I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel (to celebrate your FIRST ANNIVERSARY!) on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night after a very delayed flight from Newark. We arrived around 1:30 in the morning. The girl at the front desk was not overly friendly. She wasn't rude but just not real friendly either. I asked to buy a water and she just kind of grunted where I could get one.
The hotel was ok. It could use a little updating. The cleaning staff must not be too good on the base of the light next to the bed was a wad of gum. Also when I pulled the desk chair out to sit there was a pair of someone else's shoes.

The breakfast was ok.

2 Thank BarbaraAcqua
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear BarbaraAcqua! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. My sincere apologies that our staff did not go above and beyond to welcome you to the hotel. I will also speak with housekeeping about the issues that you mentioned! In the future please just come down in the morning and ask for a manager and we will be happy to solve your issues at the time. We want all of our guests to be happy guests! Thanks for letting us know and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Midlands
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked the hotel after looking at the reviews on tripadvisor & we weren't disappointed. The hotel offered everything we were looking for. We were collected from the airport with very little wait time even though it was extremely busy at the airport. We were checked in quickly & the room was very spacious. You can book your transfer to the cruise port at reception for the following morning. Across the road from the hotel is a shopping complex with a sports bar, supermarket & a McDonalds. It was extremely busy the following morning at breakfast, but we expected it so were prepared to wait for a table. The breakfast was ok, but not great & the service was lacking. The shuttle transfer turned up when it was supposed to & we were taken to our ship without delay. Would book this hotel again if we need an overnight stay near the Airport/Cruise port.

1 Thank robsarahsadventures
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Greetings RobSarahadventures!! THANKS for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am so happy that you had a great stay with us before your cruise! I am happy that you were checked in quickly and that you thought the room was spacious! It also sounds like you had a great experience with our shuttle service as well. Thanks for saying that you would come back and I would love to personally welcome you again to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This was a quick 1 night pre cruise stay here. We had a total of 3 rooms booked for our family cruising. My father and I read up on this place for weeks before booking. With all the great reviews, free shuttle from the airport, breakfast and low cost cruise shuttle, who could pass up this place right???

Wrong!!! Plain and simple this place dropped the ball when it came to the level of service received. We landed in Ft Lauderdale Friday night about 6:15 and called the hotel to see if a shuttle was making it's rounds at the airport. The lady on the phone asked our name to check reservations and how many to be picked up. We gave her our names and told her 5 people. She said no problem it should be about 15 minutes. It was half an hour later when the shuttle showed up, but no big deal, the airport was busy so it was to be expected. The shuttle is immediately swarmed by a family of 10+ who maybe arrived at the waiting spot 2 minutes prior and the guy loads all their bags and then notices us standing close to the door, he asks us "did you all need to go too?" My wife responded with yes we called a little while ago, our party has 5 people. He says "yea I can get 3 of you!" When my wife asked why we couldn't all get on because we called about 30 minutes ago he responded defensively with "look I'm just doing my job lady!" So we left my parents at the airport and 3 of us got on board when we stopped 2 minutes later to pick up more people. At this point I asked the driver why my parents couldn't have come
With us if we were getting more people and he raised his voice to tell me "look I'm doing what the front desk says, go cuss them out if you want!!"

So upon checking into the hotel in which was to have the best service around, we asked the snooty lady who was checking us in if we could speak with a manager. She responded with a deep sigh as if she could care less about my question and said "we don't have one working tonight, you can speak with one tomorrow morning after 9am" I have never known a hotel to operate without a manager or supervisor on duty on a Friday night with loads of cruisers checking in for the night. We explained our situation to the lady who still didn't seem to care one bit and just said again well you can speak to the manager tomorrow morning.

Ok so we get up to our room, which was 1000% nicer than anyone who was working at the hotel. Great comfy bed, microwave and fridge, big Tv, clean and large bathroom and shower. Like I said in my title, if I had to pick a hotel to stay in just by the room, this hotel gets the choice!!! We loved the room, lots of space in the drawers and closet if you needed it, it was just a great room.

Breakfast the next day was nice, very busy but things were being refilled quickly and the lady running things was pleasant and definitely knew how to do her job AND provide great service at the same time. When we went back upstairs the manager had called, can't remember her name because she said it so quickly. Apologized for our service and comped our shuttle to the cruise port which was nice of her. However all of her responses seemed to be what you would want to hear when you make a complaint, but none of it seemed genuine in my opinion. But whatever, it is what is it is, we had myself and 2 other parties stay here for our pre cruise trip but I have to say, it will be tough to give this place a second chance the next time we cruise Ft. Lauderdale!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AZTraveler94
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear AZTraveler94! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. WOW...it sounds like we really fumbled the ball on your most recent stay with us! My humble apologies about your experience with regards to our shuttle. It is always difficult for our drivers to determine who called first and who should get on the van and who should wait. (especially when they are being bombarded by guests who just jump on the shuttle when they pull up!) We try and stay in communication with the drivers to ensure correct pick ups, but it sounds like the huge family decided they were going on that shuttle with or without permission! We would all like to think that everyone would be polilte and wait their turn.....but we have seen first hand that this does not happen! Running a very busy cruise hotel, we can go hours without a call or have 25 guest arrive at the airport all at once! We do our very best to get everyone picked up as quickly as possible, but sometimes it is impossible to plan for this. I do want to sincerely apologize for my drivers "Attitude" and the comments that he made to you. No matter how frustrated he felt at the time, we should never have raised our voice to you or given you any kind of back talk! This will be dealt with by me , I assure you! We do usually have a Manager on, I actually was at the hotel from 8am to 8pm and had just gotten off, I think you checked in after 9pm- my apologies. When I am gone, my staff should have the ability to solve any issue that is brought up- we usually get it right- we obviously didnt on this occasion and for that I am deeply sorry! I welcome you to contact me directly if we can do anything to "make it right" .

Thanks for your business!
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was great just recommend they Improve on their customer service and how they treat each individual person as they are important. The Hotel it self was great and the rooms was outstanding the breakfast was good. I will most definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank David B
Greetings David B! (GREAT first name and last inital!) I am thrilled that you thought we had improved our customer service offering and that you felt we treat each guest as very important people....(its because YOU ARE!). We love our guests and I am so happy to hear that you would definately come back and stay with us! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!