“A great place to stay pre-cruise”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hampton Inn is very welcoming to guests...free shuttle from the airport, straight forward check in with recommendations and free shuttle to more distant dining options, a very good breakfast selection (included) and a shuttle to the cruise port for a small fee. Rooms are clean and quiet, they even provide for forgotten items...in my case a toothbrush, no charge. It is with in easy walking distance to a small mall, for those items you may need to stock up on. Staff were very friendly and the large number of cruising guests had space to gather while waiting for the shuttle. The only negative comment would be the need for some minor cosmetic maintenance work. We would stay here again on our next pre-cruise trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello there WV!! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you felt this was a great place to stay for a pre cruise! I enjoyed hearing that you found our staff to be very welcoming as well as the room to be clean and quiet! I have noted your suggestion on maintenance and have hired an additional part time person to help us get caught up after season on our cosmetic issues! I really appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,937)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were staying at the hotel to board a cruise the following morning. When checking out, we asked about transportation to the cruise terminal. The front desk staff was not only incredibly rude, but told us that the hotel's transportation would be $8 per person (we had 4 in our group) and that was the cheapest price we would get anywhere. I asked them what a taxi would cost, they told me a lot more than that. I then called a taxi company and they told me that for our group of 4 the total would be $9. This is much less expensive. So the taxi came right over (took about 2 minutes) and as we were boarding the taxi, the front desk staff member came out and looked visibly upset that we ignored her advice and saved ourselves some money by taking the taxi instead of the hotel's transportation. She crossed her arms and gave us another nasty look before heading back into the hotel. I am extremely unsatisfied with the attitude, customer service skills and honesty of the front desk staff at your hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Taylor W! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. My humble apologies for the experience that you had with our front desk. We always strive to offer the best service possible to our guests! I guess my first question would be why didnt we sign up for OUR OWN shuttle that is only $6 a person to go to the Port Everglades cruise terminal? Were you not given this option? Was it after our 3 scheduled times? Perhaps you didnt want to fight the crowds on our shuttle? Our job at the front desk should be to merely give our guests the facts about what different shuttles cost and allow YOU to make the choice of who you want to go with. I do know that my front desk tends to shy away from the local cab service due to the fact that half the time when they are called, they do not show up or it takes over an hour if called during busy cruise times. Also I have never heard of a cab trip to the port at $9! Wow! Now thats a deal! Usually the local cab company charges $17 to $22 to go 2 or 3 miles to either the airport or the cruise port. ( I know this because I have paid for a few cabs for guests from the airport) Again, I want to offer you my sincere apologies that you thought my front desk was untruthful and rude- I assure you I will have a long talk with the person that was on that day and ensure that this never happens again! We want all of our guests to have a wonderful experience at my hotel. I do welcome you to contact me directly if there is anything we can do to make it right! Thanks for letting me know.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I usually do not take the time to write reviews but the hotel and the service was more than we expected.
The staff was very friendly, we had a minor problem that was efficiently solved. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is great too!
It seems that the hotel was fully renewed. Good location, great service! Will love to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello Karina N! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel (Especially since you say you never write them!- now THATS a compliment!) I am so happy that you found the room to be comfortable and clean as well as the staff to be very friendly and efficient! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful, hotel itself was clean. Great value, good location. Easy access, large parking lot. Restaurants within walking distance. Close to many boat yards if you are looking for accomodations while you're having work done to your boat.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Pam M
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Hello there Pam B! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor!! I really appreciate your business. I am thrilled that you thought the room was clean and fresh and the staff was friendly and helpful! We get a lot of folks that stay with us from the marinas as well. We are very close to many marinas! Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Normally, I do not take the time to write reviiews, but after the service we received, I felt that I needed to share our experience with others.
My wife and I have taken many cruises out of the Ft. Lauderdale area. We have stayed at various hotels, but I must say this Hampton Inn was, by far, the best hotel we have stayed at while in Ft. Lauderdale. What matters to us most on our vacations, is customer service. David and his staff went way above and beyond our expectations.
From the moment we were picked up at the airport, we enjoyed a relaxing stress-free vacation. I must commend the staff on the process they have in place to arrange for transportation for their guests. It works flawlessly. Anytime we needed transportation, the staff would call their crew and we were on our way in minutes. We were able to set up for an early shuttle to the cruiseport on Saturday morning which was very convenient. We have stayed at OTHER hotels where the travel arrangements were a nightmare, but the Hampton Inn Airport North did everything perfectly. Kudos to you all.
One of their shuttle drivers named Patrick was a STELLAR individual whom we are very blessed to have met. He picked us up at the airport when we arrived. On the way back to the hotel we talked and he told us things we could do around Ft. Lauderdale. What really blew us away was the next morning. We decided to walk to Walgreens with our friends to pick up some things we left at home. As we walked into Walgreens, we noticed the Hampton Inn shuttle bus leaving the parking lot with hotel guests. We commented to ourselves that it was too bad we could not have gotten a ride back. We proceeded to do our shopping and checked out. As we walked out the door, we noticed the Hampton Inn shuttle at the front of the building. The shuttle pulled up and Patrick rolled down his window and asked if we would like a ride back to the hotel. We did not call the hotel for the shuttle, nor did we ask Patrick when he was pulling out of the lot earlier. Patrick said he recognized us as we were walking into the store, so he thought he would come back to get us once he dropped the other guests off. Folks, you just don't get that type of customer service anymore. Patrick proved to us that it does still exist. If you decide to stay here, make sure you have the honor of meeting Patrick and you too will agree that this man is one of a kind. Thank You Patrick!!!
The rest of the staff exceeded our needs also. You can tell this group of people works as a team and wants all their guests to enjoy their stay.
Sure was nice to have a breakfast in the morning prior to leaving for our cruise. It was all delicious.
If you are looking for a great place to stay, this is it!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johnny S

Greetings Johnny S! WOW!! What a great review!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you said ours was the best hotel you have ever stayed at in Fort Lauderdale! That means a lot to us. I am very happy that Patrick made such a huge positive impression on you....he is a Service Superstar!! He has won my employee of the year twice since i have been GM! He truly has the guests best interest at heart! I truly appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit back to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just when one thinks service might be a thing of the past, this motel shows up. We stayed here after returning from a cruise. We arrived later than they usually take people to the port--no problem for them at all. Just asked the shuttle driver to take us anyway (name? he worked April 18). We left our car there. When we returned at the airport, we were picked up right away. Driver pleasant and helpful. (May 7) I thought I ordered a handicap room, but it must have been my error. They did everything they could to help with that--finding a stool for the bathroom. Jhlechia Ervin is worth at least twice what she makes--could not have been more accommodating. Hampton is lucky to have her. Manager, just great as well. Breakfast is standard, but done nicely. Will we stay again? You bet. I hope everyone cruising or flying in the area will stay as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings Rosestar! I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words in your review of my hotel on your most recent stay. We love hearing from our happy guests! It was our pleasure to ensure that you got to the cruise port in time for your cruise- we have 3 stated times....but are always willing to accommodate if you need special arrangements! I am so happy that Jhlechia made an impression on you....and I agree...she is worth 3 times what she makes! She has a warmth about her you just don't find that often! She is one of my best employees!! Thanks for saying that you would definitely come back to stay with us....I would love to welcome you back on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here prior to our cruise. I booked it based on the reviews I saw here and was impressed that the GM responded to most of them. It was a great stay. The pick up from the airport was timely. Check in with Brandon was smooth. The room was lovely, clean and my daughter loved the pillows. I thought the bed was very comfortable. But the best part was the cruise shuttle. As reported before it was awesome. Very organized and quick, well worth the $7 per person. We will definitly be staying here again when we again sail out of Port Everglades.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Cyndi3164! I appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor!! Thanks for saying that you chose my hotel based on our reviews and my responses to them. (ps...I reply to ALL of them personally!) I am so happy that Brandon made a positive impression at check in and you found the room to be clean and pillows to be fluffy! I am thrilled that you found our shuttle service to be well organized and quick(Dont forget AWESOME!) It is only $6 per person to ride our shuttle to the port as well. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!!