“Hampton Inn at Airport”

Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Buffalo, United States
“Hampton Inn at Airport”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very good for an overnighter. Pool was not working, but we did not need/miss it. The shuttle drivers were excellent. the front desk staff were very helpful. Very friendly staff. Hotel is older but well kept.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Curtis G! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am very happy that you thought the hotel was well kept and that the staff was very friendly! I am happy to hear that the drivers made a positive impression on you as well. My apologies about the pool....Yes, the pool was down for a few days but GOOD NEWS! It is back up and running! We actually upgraded the inside of the pool to a color quartz so that it would look and wear better! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband & I picked this hotel to stay at the night before our cruise.
We were picked up from the airport within 15 min of calling in an ac van.
The hotel is gorgeous! Our room is very large & clean. Bed comfy.
Most impressive is the friendly atmosphere. The front desk crew great & guided us towards some good eats. We ordered delivery from Dough Boys.
The lobby is a hang out of sorts for people to chat. A hockey game was on the big screen and a few people were watching it. No loud or rowdy crowd.
I could not be happier!

The icing on the cake was watching the manager helping 2 kiddos at the small snack shop. They were short a couple of dollars & he told them is was okay! Can't beat that kind of heart.

My only not-so-great observations.. The shopping center across from the hotel seemed a bit sketchy. We went to a couple of stores & hurried back! Our hotel has a uniformed security guard outside. We feel very safe!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TN_Mamato4
Hello there TN_Mamato4! I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be gorgeous and your room to be large and clean! I am so happy that you thought the atmosphere was very friendly and that the Front Desk was helpful! The plaza next door is older but quite safe. We haven't really had any issues from a security standpoint, just a perception stand point. Thanks so much for your business and your kind review, I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We picked this hotel for the night before our cruise. We got a free shuttle ride from the airport and also to the cruise ship. It is located next to a shopping center so we could buy toiletries, wine, and soda for our cruise on Royal Caribbean. The hotel was in decent condition and our King room was very nice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank LUCKYME72
Greetings Luckyme72! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that your King room was very nice and that you enjoyed the breakfast offering. It also sounds like the strip mall being next door was pretty handy for your needs as well. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have stayed here twice to/from the FLL airport-they have 24/7 free airport shuttle- clean quiet rooms- nice linens- lots of towels and hot water - all the basics are covered nicely - the staff is quick and communicative- the hot fresh breakfast is very nice of type- obviously the paper plates and plastic utensils are a downer but it's clean and well tended- price is right at about $100 for 2- they have updated the rooms, lots of places to plug in your stuff, and are redoing the pool right now

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kathy A
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Howdy Kathy A! Thanks so much for coming back to see us a second time and for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy you enjoyed your stay again and that you found our room to be clean and quiet and that you enjoyed the breakfast! Yes we are re doing the pool and it should be ready to go this saturday! (June 7th).

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here 2 nights prior to departing on a cruise leaving from the Port Everglades Cruise Port. We appreciated the shuttle service from the airport, and also the shuttle to the cruise port on the day of departure. The hotel has a roomy breakfast area and seems to cater well to cruisers as we met several couples there. Our room was comfortable and large.The pool area is very pleasant. You can walk to a dollar store and grocery store for last-minute items. There was a sports bar in the same strip mall nearby. The hotel also had a shuttle to a nice seafood restaurant on the water. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bjburg
Hi there bjburg! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you found the room to be comfortable, clean and large. It also sounds like you enjoyed our shuttle service to the port and within a mile of the hotel for area restaurants! Thanks for saying that you would come back again on your next trip to Florida! I really appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to Paradise soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a fantastic stay before and after. Staff was very friendly from the front desk to the maids. We were even offered a complimentary ride to a restaurant for lunch and the return trip
Our shuttle driver (all stars) Paul was really helpful on the pick up from the port
We will stay at this property again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Patti G
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hello there Patti G! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I was thrilled to hear that you felt the staff was friendly from the front desk to our room attendants! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle to area restaurants within a mile! I will pass along your comments to All Stars about Paul, they do a really nice job for us with regards to the shuttles to the port. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this Hampton before and after our cruise. Both times we had excellent service.

The staff was great to work with (Lilly & Jaleshia) made great recommendations on where to eat and what to do. Lilly helped us the day we came back from the cruise to have a great day in Ft. Lauderdale taking the water taxi around going to the beach and just cruising around to see the sites.

The breakfast had good choices and plenty to eat. The rooms were clean and fresh.

A nice addition to the pool area would be a hot tub, other than that everything was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PeanutWV
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Greetings PeanutWV! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that Lilly and Jhlechia made such a positive impression on you and were very helpful in their suggestions. I am also very happy that your room was clean and fresh! I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!