Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel met our needs perfectly, as we needed a place to stay the night before our flight home early the next morning. We were minutes from the airport and had no trouble finding our way around. We drove to the beach and back. The neighborhood did not have a lot of choices for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello there MelvinR!! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you thought the hotel was very convenient and that it met your needs! Sorry to hear you didnt find our restaurant choices to be plentiful! We have the Thai right next door as well as the Sports Bar....and a German Restaurant right across the street (not to mention being 3 miles from Los Olas where there are TONS of restaurants). I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am a long time Hilton user and have stayed in hundreds of Hamptons around the world - this one is average. Basic breakfast, clean, good size rooms. Heard about some air conditioning problem in the elevator but ours worked great the entire week. Very friendly and helpful staff. My only issue was the swimming pool was drained and closed - I wish Hampton would have made that known when I booked - in south florida this time of year it is nice to return from a warm and sticky day out to fall into a nice pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Chuckkimball! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. After reading your review, I am still wondering if you had a good stay or average! The comments all sound positive but the score is only 3 stars. I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and large- and your AC worked perfectly! You also mention that the staff was very friendly and helpful! My apologies for the pool, we were upgrading it so that it would be nicer going forward, we re did the bottom of the pool with Color Quartz to last longer. The pool was out of commission for a week but we were offering free shuttles to the beach to try and make up for it ( a $20 value each way). Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The entire staff at this location is very friendly, helpful, and professional. Upon arrival I was greeted and my Diamond Status with Hilton Honers was mentioned and appreciated. Also, the front desk quickly and happily printed my boarding pass for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Joseph L! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review of my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you were greeted immediately and that we acknowledged your Diamond status. Thanks for saying that our staff was very friendly , helpful and professional! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Sincerlely,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel has a great staff. Kim at the front desk is great for dining options, directions or any other questions you may have. The breakfast is great. This hotel is away from the beach crowd and near several dining options.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony R

Hello there Tony R! Thanks for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and that Kim, my Guest Service Manager made a strong impression on you! She is a service superstar! We are lucky to have her! I appreciate your business and want to invite you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very good for an overnighter. Pool was not working, but we did not need/miss it. The shuttle drivers were excellent. the front desk staff were very helpful. Very friendly staff. Hotel is older but well kept.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello Curtis G! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am very happy that you thought the hotel was well kept and that the staff was very friendly! I am happy to hear that the drivers made a positive impression on you as well. My apologies about the pool....Yes, the pool was down for a few days but GOOD NEWS! It is back up and running! We actually upgraded the inside of the pool to a color quartz so that it would look and wear better! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband & I picked this hotel to stay at the night before our cruise.
We were picked up from the airport within 15 min of calling in an ac van.
The hotel is gorgeous! Our room is very large & clean. Bed comfy.
Most impressive is the friendly atmosphere. The front desk crew great & guided us towards some good eats. We ordered delivery from Dough Boys.
The lobby is a hang out of sorts for people to chat. A hockey game was on the big screen and a few people were watching it. No loud or rowdy crowd.
I could not be happier!

The icing on the cake was watching the manager helping 2 kiddos at the small snack shop. They were short a couple of dollars & he told them is was okay! Can't beat that kind of heart.

My only not-so-great observations.. The shopping center across from the hotel seemed a bit sketchy. We went to a couple of stores & hurried back! Our hotel has a uniformed security guard outside. We feel very safe!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TN_Mamato4

Hello there TN_Mamato4! I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be gorgeous and your room to be large and clean! I am so happy that you thought the atmosphere was very friendly and that the Front Desk was helpful! The plaza next door is older but quite safe. We haven't really had any issues from a security standpoint, just a perception stand point. Thanks so much for your business and your kind review, I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We picked this hotel for the night before our cruise. We got a free shuttle ride from the airport and also to the cruise ship. It is located next to a shopping center so we could buy toiletries, wine, and soda for our cruise on Royal Caribbean. The hotel was in decent condition and our King room was very nice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LUCKYME72

Greetings Luckyme72! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that your King room was very nice and that you enjoyed the breakfast offering. It also sounds like the strip mall being next door was pretty handy for your needs as well. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!