Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lack of security”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will never stay at this location again. We parked my car there for the week while we went on a cruise, during that time in their parking lot, someone had attempted to break into it. Leaving 2 major cracks in the passenger side window. We filed a claim with the hotels insurance company Chubb but they refused to pay the claim. The damages came to $500.00 to repair, not enough to file a claim towards our deductible so it was an out of pocket expense.
Overall, the hotel is an older building. The rooms had very low ceilings and the AC didnt work properly leaving the room damp and humid, which didnt make for a good nights sleep. The Breakfast the next morning was very chaotic and I only saw two people running it, restocking items and keeping things wiped down (cleaned) which didnt/couldnt happen because of the amount of people there, workers and guests trying to eat breakfast.
The management staff did apologize to me via an email, and said "unfortunately if the bad guys really want in they will get in" meaning the car incident. They did comp my room that night of $99.00 so basically after the $500.00 I paid to get the window repaired it came out to a $400.00 night stay...Gee, I couldve had the Ritz for that!
The shuttle Service, All Stars, that is offered by hotel did a good job on getting us there however, on our return would not pick us up because we didn't have a sticker that the driver was suppose to leave with us at drop off but didn't. We had to find another cab company that would take us back the Hampton Inn which was another out of pocket expense of $20.00.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rnbyrne10
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear rnbyrne10! My humble apologies about the experience that you had while parking your car at our hotel. It is never a fun experience to have a car broken into, drives me crazy as well! ( i have had my car broken into on the west coast of Florida and had to go through the same thing!) Hard working folks like you and I go to work every day and hooligans like this try and take the easy way out in life! The police say the bad guy has this down to a science….they can be in and out in less than one minute-it makes it very difficult to prevent! (even with security, you cannot be everywhere at all times- we do our very best to prevent these things from happening) The old adage is true, never leave ANYTHING in the car that the bad guy might want to take, always lock things up in your trunk or take them with you. We at the hotel always try and do the right thing by refunding your room, parking and shuttle over to the port to try and ease the pain as best as possible when these rare occurrences happen!
I offer you my sincere apologies and wish you well.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice, extremely comfortable and overall suitable for any travel plans. The front desk and welcome area was very inviting. The room was very spacious, bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good variety of hot and cold. The wifi was excellent. Hotel was located near to shopping and restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elie13F
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Greetings Elie13F!! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you had a good stay and enjoyed the large room and the comfy bed! You also mentioned that the breakfast was good and the location worked for you. I sincerely appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel met our needs perfectly, as we needed a place to stay the night before our flight home early the next morning. We were minutes from the airport and had no trouble finding our way around. We drove to the beach and back. The neighborhood did not have a lot of choices for dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello there MelvinR!! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you thought the hotel was very convenient and that it met your needs! Sorry to hear you didnt find our restaurant choices to be plentiful! We have the Thai right next door as well as the Sports Bar....and a German Restaurant right across the street (not to mention being 3 miles from Los Olas where there are TONS of restaurants). I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am a long time Hilton user and have stayed in hundreds of Hamptons around the world - this one is average. Basic breakfast, clean, good size rooms. Heard about some air conditioning problem in the elevator but ours worked great the entire week. Very friendly and helpful staff. My only issue was the swimming pool was drained and closed - I wish Hampton would have made that known when I booked - in south florida this time of year it is nice to return from a warm and sticky day out to fall into a nice pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Chuckkimball! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. After reading your review, I am still wondering if you had a good stay or average! The comments all sound positive but the score is only 3 stars. I am thrilled that you found the room to be clean and large- and your AC worked perfectly! You also mention that the staff was very friendly and helpful! My apologies for the pool, we were upgrading it so that it would be nicer going forward, we re did the bottom of the pool with Color Quartz to last longer. The pool was out of commission for a week but we were offering free shuttles to the beach to try and make up for it ( a $20 value each way). Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Ijamsville, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The entire staff at this location is very friendly, helpful, and professional. Upon arrival I was greeted and my Diamond Status with Hilton Honers was mentioned and appreciated. Also, the front desk quickly and happily printed my boarding pass for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Joseph L! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review of my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you were greeted immediately and that we acknowledged your Diamond status. Thanks for saying that our staff was very friendly , helpful and professional! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Sincerlely,
Woodstock, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel has a great staff. Kim at the front desk is great for dining options, directions or any other questions you may have. The breakfast is great. This hotel is away from the beach crowd and near several dining options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tony R
Hello there Tony R! Thanks for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and that Kim, my Guest Service Manager made a strong impression on you! She is a service superstar! We are lucky to have her! I appreciate your business and want to invite you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very good for an overnighter. Pool was not working, but we did not need/miss it. The shuttle drivers were excellent. the front desk staff were very helpful. Very friendly staff. Hotel is older but well kept.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Curtis G! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am very happy that you thought the hotel was well kept and that the staff was very friendly! I am happy to hear that the drivers made a positive impression on you as well. My apologies about the pool....Yes, the pool was down for a few days but GOOD NEWS! It is back up and running! We actually upgraded the inside of the pool to a color quartz so that it would look and wear better! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!