“Very great place to say”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Very great place to say”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place makes your vacation more enjoyable. I really loved the area had many stores and places to eat. The stores were a walk away. The breakfast was remarkable and the fact that we could save money by not paying for outside eating places were great for the price we paid for our rooms. Thanks Hampton and we will see you soon

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Greetings Rashalynm! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you found the breakfast to be very nice and found our location to be very helpful to the strip mall next door for shopping and eating! I thank you for your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel very nice, clean, great for overnight stay before cruise. Service was excellent from drivers to front desk staff. The pool was clean. Brandon at front desk is terrific. He was very willing to assist in getting us transportation to HardRock.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cheryl H
Hello there Cheryl! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip advisor!! I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be very nice, clean and the service to be excellent! I am very happy that Brandon made a positive impression on you as well! I truly appreciate your business and would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love the Hampton Hotels! We always stay with them when we are traveling. They are great hotels, in this particular one, every thing was great, the service was impeccable, the rooms roomy, clean and very comfortable. They offer complementary hot breakfast and the quality of the food is superior. In addition, they offer complementary shuttle from and to the airport. They are centrally located, close the the port and airport and most attractions. Did I mention, they have competitive prices and honor AAA. I would definitely stay there again with my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank littlemilou
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Greetings Littlemilou!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found everything at my hotel to be GREAT! Thanks for saying that the service was impeccable and the room was clean and comfortable! I appreciate your business and would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just your standard Hampton Inn. This one is older and in need of a little TLC. The room was great. Of course they had the very comfortable Hampton Inn bed. Breakfast was good. The front desk staff was lacking basic customer service skills. Im not sure how you say her name started with a J but it seemed as if I was bothering her when asking basic questions. Then we asked her for a few extra pillows and blankets and she said someone would bring them, but hours later no one did. I went to the front desk and a man was there I believe his name was Brandon he was very apologetic and he personally went and got what I asked for HOURS ago. He then offered me a free water and snack for waiting so long which I thought was very nice of him. Security was in the parking at night. There is a shopping area with many stores great for picking up last minute items before your cruise. Shuttle service was fast and easy. I would give this hotel another try if going on a cruise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sussan T
Hello there SussanT! Thanks for taking a moment to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and the beds to be comfy! I am Happy that Brandon did a good job and impressed you with his service recovery. My apologies that we appeared to be short with you at the desk, I will ensure this does not happen again! I am thrilled that you said you would gladly give us another try and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel is older but kept up well. Very good for an overnighter which is what we did to catch an early flight. They allowed us to leave our vehicle on the premises for up to 10 days for only $50.00 extra(a heck of a lot better than leaving it at the airport parking garage). It was safe and secure. The shuttle drivers were excellent, at the airport in about 5 minutes. The complementary breakfast was very good, good selection for any picky eater.

Room Tip: The bed was super comfy
Green Features: great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Taylorgirl2005
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hey there Taylorgirl2005!! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the bed to be comfy and the hotel to be safe and secure for your vehicle! It also sounds like you enjoyed our hearty breakfast and YES….we are a Green property! (linen reuse, recycle bin out back, ext). I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will never stay at this location again. We parked my car there for the week while we went on a cruise, during that time in their parking lot, someone had attempted to break into it. Leaving 2 major cracks in the passenger side window. We filed a claim with the hotels insurance company Chubb but they refused to pay the claim. The damages came to $500.00 to repair, not enough to file a claim towards our deductible so it was an out of pocket expense.
Overall, the hotel is an older building. The rooms had very low ceilings and the AC didnt work properly leaving the room damp and humid, which didnt make for a good nights sleep. The Breakfast the next morning was very chaotic and I only saw two people running it, restocking items and keeping things wiped down (cleaned) which didnt/couldnt happen because of the amount of people there, workers and guests trying to eat breakfast.
The management staff did apologize to me via an email, and said "unfortunately if the bad guys really want in they will get in" meaning the car incident. They did comp my room that night of $99.00 so basically after the $500.00 I paid to get the window repaired it came out to a $400.00 night stay...Gee, I couldve had the Ritz for that!
The shuttle Service, All Stars, that is offered by hotel did a good job on getting us there however, on our return would not pick us up because we didn't have a sticker that the driver was suppose to leave with us at drop off but didn't. We had to find another cab company that would take us back the Hampton Inn which was another out of pocket expense of $20.00.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rnbyrne10
Dear rnbyrne10! My humble apologies about the experience that you had while parking your car at our hotel. It is never a fun experience to have a car broken into, drives me crazy as well! ( i have had my car broken into on the west coast of Florida and had to go through the same thing!) Hard working folks like you and I go to work every day and hooligans like this try and take the easy way out in life! The police say the bad guy has this down to a science….they can be in and out in less than one minute-it makes it very difficult to prevent! (even with security, you cannot be everywhere at all times- we do our very best to prevent these things from happening) The old adage is true, never leave ANYTHING in the car that the bad guy might want to take, always lock things up in your trunk or take them with you. We at the hotel always try and do the right thing by refunding your room, parking and shuttle over to the port to try and ease the pain as best as possible when these rare occurrences happen!
I offer you my sincere apologies and wish you well.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice, extremely comfortable and overall suitable for any travel plans. The front desk and welcome area was very inviting. The room was very spacious, bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good variety of hot and cold. The wifi was excellent. Hotel was located near to shopping and restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elie13F
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Greetings Elie13F!! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am very happy that you had a good stay and enjoyed the large room and the comfy bed! You also mentioned that the breakfast was good and the location worked for you. I sincerely appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!