“Great Pre-Cruise Location”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall, the hotel is a great pre-cruise location; but, I wouldn't want to stay there longer than a night or two. It's a great pre-cruise location because there's lots of fast food eateries (McDonald's, Wendy's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, and a mom and pop asian food take out, etc.) and places to pick up various sundries (Big Lots, Winn-Dixie grocery store, Sally's beauty supply, etc.) in case you forget to pack something. But there's also a 24 hour laundry mat, a bar,a liquor store, and a few other places that didn't give me warm and fuzzies to be walking around after dark. The word "transient" comes to mind as I saw lots of loiterers. I still rated the property well because the rooms were clean, of close proximity to shopping is what we wanted as well as the free airport to hotel and free hotel to cruise port. They did an excellent job transporting our group of 11 from the airport to the hotel, and even better transporting the the large group of other patrons from the hotel to the airport. As long as your expectations are reasonable the hotel will be a good fit, but if you're looking for a hotel off the beaten path where you might feel comfortable taking a stroll in the evening or early morning, you may be disappointed. Either way, for our one night stay it was obvious they know how to take care of cruise passengers and get them to their destination.

1  Thank Annette D
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Howdy Annette D! Thank you for such an informative review! Yes we have some delicious eateries near the hotel you can walk to! I agree just like an other location I wouldn't walk anywhere too late at night. I am so happy the rooms were clean and you enjoyed the shuttle service! We work hard to make sure large groups get transported easily and in an organized fashion. I am glad we took care of you and your family. Thank you for your business! I can't wait to welcome you back soon to PARADISE!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

to be well decorated, maintained, have a decent free breakfast, etc. This was no exception. Beds and pillows excellent. Room well equipped and clean. All staff except one were excellent. (When we asked for a taxi to be called, the one staff member insisted we take a car service to downtown, saying we would save money. It cost $20. We took a taxi back and it only cost $11. We felt very "taken." I presume she gets a cut!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello csteen! Thank you for leaving such great feedback! I am so happy to know you enjoyed the decor and breakfast the hotel had to offer. The beds are comfy and I am glad you enjoyed them! It is wonderful to know the staff is excellent. I can't apologize enough for transporation issue you experienced. I want you to know our priority is to make sure you are happy and getting the best price possible. I will let the staff know taxis are cheaper when going to the downtown area. Sometimes taxi services cost more cause the cab driver takes the long way but I am glad to know you got a good deal on the way back! I will make sure to address your situation with the staff member to ensure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your business! I can't wait to welcome you back to SUNNY South Florida!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale North is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They will accommodate you however possible. I would recommend this facility for anyone needing a hotel in this area. it is very conveniently located to the airport, major roads and the cruise port.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Stanley C! Wow what an awesome review! Thank you for your kind comments about the staff! They work extremely hard to make sure you are happy during your stay. I am very blessed to have them on my team. I appreciate your business! I love to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel! I can't wait to welcome you back to SUNNY Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed for one night after flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Location is good, close to airport, walking distance to restaurants. There is a plaza right next door with a grocery store and Slackers Bar & Grill. Hotel is in need of some cosmetic updates, but everything was working properly. We did not encounter any foul smell in room. Beds were comfy and we slept great. I paid $50 after using my HH points, but can see why people get annoyed after being charged $300+ per night when cruises are departing. If they are charging that much for an overnight stay, I think they could invest some of that revenue in the hotel and do a little painting/wallpapering. As I said, I have no complaints about my stay, the price was fantastic, breakfast would cost nearly that much if eating out. Would visit again if the price was decent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello 1TravelerfromWNY! Thank you for staying us! I greatly appreciate your business! I am happy you enjoyed our location and the stores and restaurants within walkign distance of the hotel. It definitely helps being so close to stores just in case you forget something you may need or you are hungry after a late flight! It is great to know everything works properly and you enjoyed your guest room and breakfast. The most important thing is that you as our guest is happy! I am excited to tell you we are renovating the hotel and the first project is the hallways so we can make the hotel even better! I can't wait to welcome you back to PARADISE for your next vacation!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our crews always stay at this hotel when they work down at a plant nearby, excellent & easy booking, and the staff is always so friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable, our guys always know what to expect when they get there...quality service, quality rooms, and a pleasant stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Greeting Alicia W! Wow what an awesome review! Thank you for constantly sending us your business! You have no idea how much we appreciate you! It is great to know my staff takes great care of you and your crews while you stay with us. I love to hear our guest rooms are clean and comfortable. Thank you again for the rave reveiw! I can't wait to welcome you and your crews back to SUNNY Florida!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars, but it fell just short. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very prompt and efficient. The driver took the time to point out places to eat and pick up any forgotten items. Check in was efficient and friendly. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable - on the small side compared to other Hamptons but it more than met our needs for one night. I wouldn't call the area around the hotel great. It's acceptable and probably pretty typical being so close to the airport. We walked to the shopping mall across the street during lit hours so all was fine. I'm not so sure I would do it at night or alone based on the people standing around the mall. My husband wondered if there was a methadone clinic nearby.

My shortfall was the shuttle. I had booked my 2 rooms almost a year in advance when the shuttle to the cruise port was free. I called 2 times prior to our arrival to confirm this and was assured each time we would not be charged anything additional. At check in, this was confirmed again - no charge since we booked before the policy change. When my bill arrived under the door, both rooms were charged $6 per person for the shuttle! I promptly went downstairs and the clerk assured me this was incorrect, my reservation showed no charge and my credit card would be credited. Needless, to say I'll be checking my card in a few days to confirm I was refunded the charge. The shuttle the next day was chaotic, but I blame it on one very disorganized group of passengers who couldn't quite get it together. Not the end of the world.

Would I stay here again? Maybe...it's clean and the staff is friendly. I just find these little items to be inconvenient and now it's my responsibility to follow up on someone else's mistake. For a longer stay, I would find something closer to the beach or a full service location.

1  Thank Weltz5
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello Weltz5! Thank you for a great detailed review about your stay with us! I am so glad the shuttle was prompt and efficient. It is comforting to know your check in was smooth and your guest room was satisfactory! Yes just like an area, I wouldn't walk around too late at night. I am deeply sorry we fell short during your shuttle experience. We do currently charge $6 per person for the shuttle, but if you booked before January we promised we would keep our word and provide it for free. I apologize regarding the misunderstanding, but I am happy to know it was fixed! Mistakes happen and I am happy to know a resolution was provided. Thank you for your business! We will get it right next time! I can't wait to welcome you back to SUNNY Florida

David

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a great hotel to stay at before a cruise. The facility was clean, employees were friendly, and they provide a shuttle to/from airport. There is also a shuttle (charge per person) that provides transportation to the cruise port. They also offer pre-paid shuttle services after the cruise is over to the airport which is welcomed. Only negative was lack of seating for the breakfast but we were in a hotel full of cruise-ready customers.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had no complaints.