Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hampton Inn is my preferred hotel chain. We stayed one night on July 4th. Check in went smoothly. Had reserved 2 queen bed room and was pleasantly surprised to get the hospitality suite instead. Had 2 king size beds, full size couch, 2 chairs, desk, microwave etc. was a large room & large bathroom. Only three things kept me from giving this place 5 rating. First they didn't have hot water in the lobby. It was lukewarm and when brought this to the staffs attention they didn't act like they knew what to do about it. So didn't get my nightly tea. I think the pot was broken or something because it wasn't hot the next morning either. Second the tub didn't drain well at all so you were standing in water when taking a shower. Last thing the drapes in this room didn't wrap around and the way the beds are positioned you had light shining in your eyes. Would recommend though. Decent breakfast and all the comforts of Hamptons.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heidi K
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Heidi K! Thanks for taking a to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us on Trip Advisor! I do appreciate your business! I am happy that your overall stay was good and that you would recommend us in the future. My apologies about the lack of hot water and the shower that would not drain. Both of these issues should have been very easy to fix and I am sorry we did not get them taken care of for you in time. Thanks for letting us know and I assure you I will work to fix the details!

GM

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Flew into Ft. Lauderdale the night before a cruise and stayed here upon recommendation---and it was a good recommendation! The hotel was clean and a decent size. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh and free. We were able to run over to the strip mall adjacent to the hotel for some things we needed to pick up. The only thing missing was a place to grab something to eat that wasn't a bar or fast food. I would have liked a restaurant of some sort, but we made due with food from the supermarket and McDonalds. The shuttle to the cruise was prompt and convenient. Definitely great pre-cruise.

We also got a "day room" when we returned. Our flight was not until that evening and rather wait at the airport, we spoke with the desk upon check-out. They were not fully booked so they agreed to allow us to use a room for the day on our return. For $80 (including taxes), we ate breakfast, used the pool and had a place to shower and change to travel home. We were the only ones at the pool and had a pizza delivered for lunch. It was so nice not to waste the day, but extend our vacation instead. The free internet after the cruise also allowed us to catch up on all that we had missed.

If we cruise out of Lauderdale again, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Howdy Lisa P! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that that thought your overall pre and post cruise stay was EXCELLENT!! I am happy that you found the room to be good sized and clean as well as the shuttle to be prompt and convenient! I am happy that you were able to come relax after the cruise in a room as well- I will forwarn ya....the "day rooms" are hard to come by due to our high occupancy! We can usually only do them in June or some soft days in August and September! Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This stay was only satisfactory. We did have to wait over an hour to checkin. We left a cruise and the Hotel knew about out arrival, but the room wasn't available. We had to wait in a crowed lobby for some time. We had a 730 AM flight the next morning and the hotel used a smaller van which was too small. So, we had to wait for the next departure which required us to hurry at the airport to avoid missing our flight

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven J

Hello StevenJ! Thanks for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We do appreciate your business and love hearing from our guests. I see that you mentioned that you had to wait over an hour to be checked in. My sincere apologies about that. If you are coming to the hotel after a cruise which you mentioned you were, we were most likely FULL the night before as we are on most weekends. Obviously it is impossible to give you a room before noon if we had a full hotel and no one has checked out yet. Even though we knew you were coming....and had your reservation....Official check in time is 3pm. We are happy to hold your luggage while you go eat or shop or head to the beach! We do our darndest to get everyone checked in as soon as humanly possible, but sometimes do have to wait until the room is vacant, cleaned and inspected for your satisfacation! We will be happy to check you in at 10am.....IF we have the room available- we want you to be happy and strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to taking a cruise. The facility was nice, the desk staff pleasant and the breakfast food was great. The location is convenient and a quick ride to tourist spots and the cruise port. As others have mentioned, there is a strip mall right next door and it isn't the best, but it is convenient and we felt safe the entire time walking over to get some last minute items from Big Lots.

The only negative that I will mention is that the shuttle departure to the port was a little chaotic. They did have two big vans available so availability was not a problem. I just wish they would have called out names for the people who actually had the shuttle bus time reserved and thus make it a little more orderly. It seemed like there was a lot of people trying to get on the shuttle right away which was the early ride over to the port.

Overall, the staff and management here are great, friendly and respectful. The rooms and bed were nice and we slept very well.

The shuttle coming back was convenient and timely as well.

Thank you for allowing us to stay at your fabulous hotel!

2  Thank chiltonj

Greetings Chiltonj! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that that thought your overall pre cruise stay was EXCELLENT!! I am happy that you found the staff and the management friendly and respectful! My apologies that you found the shuttle to be a tad hectic! We do get a ton of guests on busy cruise weekends....but usually the feedback we get is that it is usually organized (or as organized as 200 guests in the lobby can be!) We offer 3 different times and guests can sign up for the time that bests works for them....and the shuttle service sends over as many 34 passenger vans that we need....and we load em up! Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

After driving 17 hrs it was nice pulling into this Hampton Inn. Very well maintained, staff very knowledgeable and friendly, went out of way to make stay enjoyable, clean rooms, would definitely recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Dave F
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Greetings Dave F! Wow! What a great review! I know how tiring it is driving such a long distance and I am glad to know my staff took care of you! We want you to relax and enjoy yourself when you stay at our hotel! It is great to know you liked the guest rooms! The staff will be excited to know they satisfied you and your family during your stay. Thank you for your business! I can't wait to welcome you back to PARADISE!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We came to the hotel without a reservation due to a family emergency. Were treated with respect at a late night arrival. Room was nice, clean and a good size. Complimentary breakfast had many choices and was beyond our expectation. Would highly recommend this location.

2  Thank Diane P

Hello Diane P! Wow! What kind comments about your stay with us! Thank you! I am very sorry about your family emergency but I am glad the staff was respectful and took care of you. That is what we are here for! It is great to know the rooms were clean and you liked our breakfast! Thank you for your business! I can't wait to welcome you back to SUNNY Florida! Hopefully for vacation this time!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall, the hotel is a great pre-cruise location; but, I wouldn't want to stay there longer than a night or two. It's a great pre-cruise location because there's lots of fast food eateries (McDonald's, Wendy's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, and a mom and pop asian food take out, etc.) and places to pick up various sundries (Big Lots, Winn-Dixie grocery store, Sally's beauty supply, etc.) in case you forget to pack something. But there's also a 24 hour laundry mat, a bar,a liquor store, and a few other places that didn't give me warm and fuzzies to be walking around after dark. The word "transient" comes to mind as I saw lots of loiterers. I still rated the property well because the rooms were clean, of close proximity to shopping is what we wanted as well as the free airport to hotel and free hotel to cruise port. They did an excellent job transporting our group of 11 from the airport to the hotel, and even better transporting the the large group of other patrons from the hotel to the airport. As long as your expectations are reasonable the hotel will be a good fit, but if you're looking for a hotel off the beaten path where you might feel comfortable taking a stroll in the evening or early morning, you may be disappointed. Either way, for our one night stay it was obvious they know how to take care of cruise passengers and get them to their destination.

1  Thank Annette D

Howdy Annette D! Thank you for such an informative review! Yes we have some delicious eateries near the hotel you can walk to! I agree just like an other location I wouldn't walk anywhere too late at night. I am so happy the rooms were clean and you enjoyed the shuttle service! We work hard to make sure large groups get transported easily and in an organized fashion. I am glad we took care of you and your family. Thank you for your business! I can't wait to welcome you back soon to PARADISE!