“Top notch quality and value”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 July 2014

After a long day of traveling, 2 hours by car and 2 1/2 hour flight, we were so happy to be greated by such friendly and competent staff. Rooms were very clean and extrememly comfortable. Breakfast staff came by to ask if we needed anything and provided a very good breakfast selection. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Greetings 559debrs! Wow! What a spectacular review! I can't thank you enough for your business! That seems like a long distance you traveled and I am so happy my staff took great care of you! That is exactly what they are there to do! I am excited to hear your room was comfortable and clean and you enjoyed breakfast. We would love to welcome you back to PARADISE in the near future.

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,913)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Traveling to Ft Lauderdale from Seattle for a Cruise Wedding was challenging enough with over two dozen attendees so we thought arriving a few days earlier than the wedding day on the cruise ship would be a wise choice. David Blevins and the staff at The Hampton went out of their way to help us with a lot of the pre-wedding requirements like securing reliable and fast dry cleaning service for any of the 30+ travelers in our party that needed it. Helping with transportation issues. He also managed to commandeer a large suite on the wedding day so the bride and her party could spend the early morning hours getting hair, makeup, etc. done for the wedding. David and staff were always available to meet and often exceed our requests and expectations. With a location just steps from nail salons, a Win/Dixie grocery store, Dollar Store, restaurants and fast food made all the incidental requirements a breeze to handle as well. Rooms were comfortable and well appointed.
Heck...I'd give 'em six stars if I could...!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are reasonably well appointed...and if it doesn't have a refrigerator...just ask...the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pyrate1
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Greetings Pyrate1!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! Congratulations by the way! What a beautiful Bride She was! I am thrilled that you were very happy with the service that my staff provided you! It was our sincere pleasure to help take some of the stress out of the equation! Your whole wedding party was a joy to deal with (believe me....that is not always the case!...:)
I was happy to help find a place for the bride to get her make up and hair done ( How do you say no to a bride on her wedding day!?) Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!! (can you say.....1st year anniversary present!??)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for one night right before a cruise. The free shuttle from the airport was a nice amenity along with the shuttle to the cruise port the next day. Both the drivers and hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The processes of making shuttle reservations and actual transportation to the port were very organized. There were no problems encountered.

As with any Hampton Inn property, our stay came with a continental breakfast. There were a lot of guests during breakfast (many were cruisers) and filled up the seating area rather quickly. The rooms were clean but some of the furniture was showing their age.

There is a strip mall that is walking distance with a Thai restaurant. We had no problems during our stay and will definitely consider this hotel again prior to our next cruise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Josh P
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Greetings EdP! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us before your cruise! I am thrilled that our drivers and our staff made a positive impression on you! Thanks for mentioning how easy it is to use our shuttle and you found the process to be organized! I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a nice stay before our cruise the next day. Everything met our needs. Hotel just needs a little refurbishing for me to give five stars. Breakfast was adequate and fitness room met our needs. I would not hesitate to stay again before cruise. Just needs updating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparky791

Howdy Sparky791! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us before your cruise! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and the fitness room! Funny you should mention updating.....we have just redid the pool and this week are updating every hallway to make our little hotel shine! How about that? Ask....and yeee shall receive!! I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I only stay at Hampton Inns when traveling, so this was no exception; was in the area for a training session at another nearby location. This hotel was convenient to that location without having to pay for things that were and should be included in a hotel stay (Parking and Internet). The hotel décor was somewhat dated compared to other locations where I have stayed, but generally the hotel was clean and provided expected amenities. Breakfast was adequate, although the 'Robust' coffee urn never seemed to have HOT coffee (as another guest indicated) there seems to be a broken pot in the mix. Breakfast during the week was either sausage, or bacon, and scrambled egg, assorted breads and pasty. The famous Hampton Inn Waffle's are always a hit with kids and big kids, there was always fresh fruit available. Morning paper (USA Today) was available near the front desk every morning. Room was clean and bed was comfortable - signature white clean sheets and duvet are always a welcome (the pillows were average). Clean and fresh bathroom and carpets were clean, but not new. Pool area was gated and towels provided by front desk, it rained most days so only able to try the pool on the last day of my stay. No issues. Checkout was quick and front desk Thanked me for staying.

Room Tip: Rooms on North side (lobby) face parking lot and residential area, those on the South face parking l...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PC15
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear PC15! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and the breakfast to be good as well as a friendly staff! My sincere apologies that we did not have the robust coffee working properly, I will make sure this is corrected! Also I am sorry you felt the hotel looked "dated"- we actually have a unique them that is different than most other Hampton Inns....since we are so close to the Islands and we do so much cruise business.....our hotel is kind of an Island British Colonial theme! (hence the Bright Yellow lobby!) Most guests like it....but I understand how it can take a typical Hampton Guest by suprise! Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here to catch our next day flight to Ecuador. The rooms are clean and spacious. They had a complimentary happy hour which was fantastic. The front desk was helpful in suggesting restaurants in the area. They shuttled us to the one we selected and also picked us up. This was a very nice extra.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hello there Mdkott!! Thanks for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate it when our happy guests take the time to tell everyone that they will have a great stay if they choose us! I am very happy that the Front Desk was very helpful for you and that the shuttle drivers were able to take you to restaurants within a mile of the hotel! (not sure about the happy hour though.....we really dont have one!) Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here before and after our cruise and were very happy. The free shuttle to and from the airport was welcome, and the cheap shuttle to and from the cruise port was also appreciated. The hotel is within walking distances of a few restaurants and fast food joints. The hotel was very busy and crowded with other cruisers, but the staff did their best to ensure everyone was happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet W
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Greetings JanetW! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel ! We love hearing from our happy guests. I appreciate your business and thanks for staying both before and after the cruise! Its nice to hear that you had a great stay, thought it was great value and thought the staff was very friendly! We do have one of the cheaper shuttles to the Port Everglades Cruise Port at only $6 per person and I am glad it worked out for you! I want to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!