“STAFF IN THE MAIN DISK”

Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
OTTAWA, Canada
“STAFF IN THE MAIN DISK”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room in the 4 th floor was smelling , the staff on the main disk didn't have the time to answer my question about my h honor point as I booked with expedia! which i don't think make this difference

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Cherif R! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreaciate your business! My sincere apologies that you felt the 4th floor was smelling. We are doing upgrades to the hallways and putting a new texture on the walls and IT LOOKS GREAT! I am sorry that the upgrades caused you some aggrivation! We are doing the best we can to provide you with a nicer hotel without causing you any issues. Also I apologize that our front desk was very busy ( we stay full almost every Friday, Saturday and Sunday and our front desk is very brisk to say the least). I can answer your question for you- unfortunately, most of the dot com reservations do not count for Hilton Honor points (Hilton says you can either get the low rate with the dot com....or get the points when you book through the hotel) They do give you credit for the stay, just not the points. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA! ( all the upgrades should be done in a week or two!)

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Conroe
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great place to stay for people leaving on a cruise. The management is at the top of their game with this. Took us to the ship and picked us up for $6. Left our car there with no problem for a 10 day cruise $50.

Green Features: No thoughts. Clean rooms. Towels hung will not be replaced. Tries to be environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank TexasYoungin
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Greetings TexasYoungin! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! It was so nice to hear that you had a good stay and found my property to be a very "Cruise Friendly Hotel"! Thanks for saying the the rooms were clean and that you appreciated our "Green" procedures! I really appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn had a great location with walking distance to good food, Walgreens, nice laundry and minutes from the beach. Very nice people there to serve and assist. Room was very clean and spacious. Kitchette was nice. Cozy and comfortable room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello there KayL! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you found the rooms to be clean and spacious and found the mini fridge and microwave to be helpful! Nice to hear that our staff was very nice and assisted you with all of your needs. Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Livonia, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

From the moment the complimentary Hampton Inn shuttle bus picked us up at the airport, we were treated very well. Check-in and check-out were efficient, the room was nicely appointed and seemed very new. I enjoyed the comfortable bed, wi-fi, microwave and mini-frig in our room, and the beautiful complimentary breakfast buffet. This hotel was immaculately clean and well-appointed, with friendly staff.

2 Thank Patricia B
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hey there PatriciaB!! Thanks for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you though the hotel was excellent and that you were treated very well by all my staff for your whole stay! Also very happy to hear you say the hotel was very clean! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Clovis, California, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We highly recommend this hotel to those who are staying in the Port Everglades area especially for those who are going on a cruise. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. They also have a shuttle from the hotel and Port for a minimal fee. Hotel staff is very friendly and attentive and works with a caring heart. They anticipate your needs and will make you feel special. They have free wifi and breakfast which is a plus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Sams551! I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Very sweet of you to say our hotel has a "caring heart"!! I have been blessed to have a GREAT staff that goes out of their way to make sure our guests have a great start or end to their vacation!! We appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is just about average. Nothing extra-ordinary about it.

Good
- Free breakfast
- Free ride from the airport
- proximity to a mall (just next door)
- Hospitable staff

Not so Good
- Price (though the price is reasonable, there were many many options in this range. Can try some other hotel)
- Room layout (I hardly ever notice the layout of the room, but this was really something that couldn't go un-noticed). Examples:
* the bed is so close to the closet that the only way to access is sitting/standing on the bed. Hardly any room to stand and work. Makes all the more difficult to pull out the iron
* no charging points around. Most of the charging points were either behind the furniture or the ones provided on lamps. Again difficult if you want to charge multiple devices and use iron
* Not so convenient placement of toilet paper
- Shower area is very small

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ashwin_Kalra! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy that you found the staff to be very hospitable and you enjoyed the breakfast. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the hotel layout and the way the hotel was built (The bed placement, the toilet paper placement and the small shower). I did want to point out that we do have 2 wall units for plugs in addition to both lamps having 2 available slots- this usually meets most of our guests needs- I will pass along your comments to get more.

Thanks again for your business and I would like to invite you back for another try on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Okemos, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This Hampton Inn is in need of updating. Room cleaning staff is good but the rooms need a facelift. The bedding is worn but clean. Breakfast service is very good. Was at this location for a week. The desk service was poor. That is to say some of the staff were excellent and others could care less about the guest. Several times desk left unmanned at night as co-wokers squabbled about their personal relationship. Employees seemed nice just not supervised well enough. Last night of stay thermostat went out in room. Repeated calls to desk did not produce maintenance. Instead of fixing the problem was offered 25 credit. Does that correct 85 degrees at night and no sleep? Morning shift was not informed...goes to lack of communication on property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tom W
Hello Tom W! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you found the room and the hotel to be clean and the breakfast service to be good. My humble apologies for what you experienced at the desk. After calling you today, I am happy to hear that you say that most of the staff was Excellent, but sorry to hear that you had one bad experience with a staff member that was chatting with another staff member while guests were walking by! (UNACCEPTABLE in my book!). I wll immediately have conversations with the culprit and put an end to this lack of service offered. I took the liberty of adjusting your bill for the issues that you had and please accept my personal apologies and my assurance that this will never happen again!