“GREAT PLACE FOR THE MONEY”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Very nice place, they picked us up at the airport, very nice man driving the van.
The service was great, the room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. Free internet, free breakfast, free trip to the cruise port, what more could you ask for. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ironworker752
harrismcbride, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Hello,

Thank you for staying with the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port North during your time in the South Florida area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel on Trip advisor. Your Feedback is an essential part of our success! We pride ourselves on exemplary customer service to go along the outstanding amenities we have for your convenience. We do realize that you have lots of choices when it comes to hotels, THANK YOU SO MUCH for choosing ours!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Reviewed 2 January 2011

This Hampton Inn was "okay" for a pre-cruise stay. My in-laws picked it because of the shuttle from the airport and to the ship. It took about 40 minutes to be picked up from the airport, so this seemed rather slow. The shuttle to the cruise port also seemed like organized disorganization. We originally had an 11am time, they called our room at about 10:30 and asked if we could catch a 10:45, we hurried down and eventually got on one that left at like 11:15 or 11:30. Also did not love that upon check-in, we wished to change the credit card associated with our room, and this seemed like a big deal.

The rooms themselves were fine, clean and modern. The breakfast was picked over by the time we got there at about 9:15. It was supposed to go until 10, but they didn't seem to be restocking well. I imagine it is like this on Saturdays and Sundays with all the cruise people.

There aren't a lot of eating choices within walking distance. There is a shopping center next door with a few places if you need to buy something.

The AAA price was good, especially if you need the shuttle services.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Ohio-Brown-Eyed-Girl
harrismcbride, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Hello Ohio Brown Eyed Girl,

Thank you for your response and feedback!

We do realize that at times our shuttles get overwhelmed with cruisers and airport runs. The shuttle is complimentary and is for all of our guest to use, too get dropped off and picked up at most locations within a 1 mile radius. There are other instances such as traffic and railroad crossing delays that may prolong our timely arrival and drop off.

We do appreciate your business and hope that in the future you will decide to stay with us again and see the progress we are making.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2010

It is one of the best Hapmton chain of hotels we( my son & me) have stayed. Its clean, neat, staff very good, breakfast hot, fresh and plenty of variety. Free transport to & from airport. A comfortable stay.
The hotel could add more information regarding local transport like the local bus location and timings.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank LCMISS
harrismcbride, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2010

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time out to write about your experience with us. It is an honor to hear that we are one of the top Hampton Inn hotels that you and your son have stayed with. We pride ourselves on exemplary service to go along with all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer. Our management staff is constantly upgrading and working on ways to better serve our guest and make your stay is much more accommodating. Thank you for your Patronage and hope that you choose us again!

regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2010

We stayed at the Hampton in February and loved it so we decided to stay again this trip. We won't stay here again. I don't know what has happened to the staff moral but this time it was very bad. The service was bad. We nearly missed our flights because they sent the shuttle off without us early and then tried to cover it up.... with attitude! The breakfast was very ordinary this time (on both days we stayed, before and after the cruise). There was no smiles from the staff this time... just excuses and attitude.

I am disappointed this happened this time, but we will find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BillyandCharliesMum
harrismcbride, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2010

Dear Valued Guest,
David Blevins here, General Manager. I was VERY disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your recent stay with us. We do pride ourselves on offering the best service and value in the area. I am most disappointed to hear that you feel like our service was not up to par. If you read all the trip advisor comments, 99.9% rave about how friendly our service was and that we went above and beyond the call of duty! I do apologize!! There is NO excuse for anyone receiving poor customer service at any time! I also do welcome you to please feel free to contact me directly so that I may correct any service issues that we may have. Having worked many crazy cruise weekends myself, I do know how incredibly hectic it can get and I want to make sure that i am staffing appropriately so we can continue to offer SUPERIOR SERVICE! Thanks so much for letting me know.
DB

Reviewed 19 December 2010

I've stayed at this hotel twice in two months, and I have to say that the service is extraordinary. If you are cruising, as I was, they pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the cruise ship at no extra charge. They do it courteously and efficiently, and everyone is happy. Also, they will take you to a restaurant for dinner. I happened to leave my medication at home and needed to get to a Walgreen's. They took me there and back. No questions, just it is what they do. Service, and smiles. The rooms are good, the breakfast hot and fine, the place is clean and the location is close to port and airport. ALL employees have this attitude and you really cannot find a better value or a more helpful hotel. Recommended? Absolutely.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank SonoraDweller
harrismcbride, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2010

Good Day,

Thank you for the continued patronage with us.

We pride ourselves on extraordinary customer service to go along with the great product, amenities and services we have to offer.

We hope that you choose us the next time you are traveling to the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 October 2010

The photos do not do this hotel any justice. What a nice surprise! The rooms were newly renovated, clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast food was tasty and plentiful and the hotel staff were both friendly and accomodating.
I had the opportunity to stay in the only double king suite and I felt that I was treated as a king. The parent company (Hilton) grants several generous discounts such as : AAA; AARP & government/military and this hotel combines them with some discounts of their own. Since I am government employee, I not only stayed in this beautiful and spacious room at an insane rate but I also received a gift certificate to a great waterfront "Rendezvous Restaurant!"This hotel is also less than 200 feet from a fairly large mini-mall which includes: a Winne & Dixie, Big Lots; Radio Shack; and at least 10 restaurants to name a few venues. Lastly, this is one of the few hotels that will transport you to the cruise port for free.Normally, the pre-cruise hotel is just a place to "crash" prior to the cruise experience, however this hotel DEFINITELY was a great experience. I plan to definitely stay here again!!!!
Keith Bellinger

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KeithUnion_NJ
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I traveled with 11 other women for a 4 day cruise out of the Ft Lauderdale port. I stayed in this hotel both pre and post cruise. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Airport and cruise shuttle was very convenient. I loved the flamingoes on top of the shuttle. Dianne at the front desk was very helpful telling us the best places to go for lunch/dinner and even provided us with coupons for free drinks. She also gave us a break of the price of the room when we returned from the cruise.

If I ever sail from Fort Lauderdale again, I will certainly stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends