“A great stay!”

Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just passing thru on our way to the keys and stayed one night at La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac east on commercial Blvd. first time ever at a La Quinta and what a horrible experience. Booked reservation on line, did not check in until around 9:00 pm got into elevator to go to the 3rd fl. and the smell of cigarettes and pot was over whelming, floor was nasty. Got off the elevator to go to our room and the smell of cigarettes and pot was so strong it took my breath away. Got into the room and the floor looked as though it had not been vacuumed in wks. walls were nasty, curtains were nasty, bathroom was nasty to the point we did not even shower and our clothes reeked of cigs and pot the next day. What a horrible experience and would have went to another hotel except it was a holiday wknd. and all were booked up. I would not recommend this hotel to a dog much less a person. Who ever runs this hotel clearly does not care about the cleanliness of the hotel at all and I for one will never book another La Quinta on line again. Not to mention it was $ 100.00 dollars a night which Is not a lot of money I have pd. more but I got more also.

Room Tip: would never recommend this hotel to anyone
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Ronkonkoma, New York, USA
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days and 7 nights. My room location was directly across from the elevator and main staircase, so I thought, especially on weekend, it would get noisy in the hall. I was pleasantly surprised when I was undisturbed for the entirety of my stay. The king sized bed was magnificent, the only reason I put a 4 for sleep quality was due to the uncomfortable and springy pullout sleeper in the couch and since I was by myself most nights this wasn't too much of an issue. Overall, it was another relaxing stay at this hotel. My favorite in the area for sure. I will be returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Sebastian, Florida, USA
Reviewed 25 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is obviously not a fancy hotel, but the cost benefit is very good. Location is good, close to drugstores, supermarkets and dines and I guess it takes about 30 minutes to reach the beach area. Service is excellent, the front desk lady was very friendly and really helpful and the lady who cleaned our room, kind and attentive. Rates include breakfast, high-speed Internet access, local calls and parking. Breakfast is quite simple but you can choose from coffee, tea, milk and orange juice, sliced bread, bagels and a selection of spreads, hot and cold cereals, waffles, muffins, apples and hard boiled eggs. The breakfast area is quite small; many guests choose to take their breakfast to the rooms. The rooms are fairly sized; average clean and amenities are okay (coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, microwave and mini-fridge). The bed was comfortable and they have flat panel TVs with a good variety of channels. Bathroom is clean, though it could certainly make use of some renovation - actually, the whole hotel could. Overall a good deal for USD 55/night. So it is very unfortunate that it seemed the hotel is frequented by "young girls on business", the management should really do something to avoid them coming as it's been giving the hotel a bad reputation. I didn’t mind staying there as we didn’t spend much time at the hotel premises and were not bothered by any of the ladies nor their guests, but honestly, how can one recommend a place with this kind of activity going on?

Room Tip: We stayed at room 235.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My daughter and I had made a reservation at this hotel because we were attending a funeral and other family members were staying there. We arrived at 3:00 (check in time is 3:00) and the room wasn't ready. I waited in the car by the front entrance and my daughter waited in the lobby. I observed a young girl getting dropped off (not at the entrance but further down the parking lot) by a young man. She was towing a large suitcase. Realized something wasn't quite right, by the way she was dressed -- her shorts were 2 sizes too small. She went inside and came out again 5 minutes later and was talking on her cell phone - probably making contact with her "client." Confirmation of what was going on, was when another girl came out of the hotel to greet another girl who had pulled up in a taxi. That was enough for me and I went inside and got my daughter. As we were leaving, they said that the room was ready (4:00 p.m.), but we cancelled the reservation and went somewhere else. Realized we had done the right thing when some of our family members confirmed they thought prostitution was going on and we later read the Trip Advisor. I can't give a rating since we didn't stay, but based on outward appearance, I'd give it a zero. Some real squirrely people patronizing this establishment. Given it's reputation, I am suprised that corporate La Quinta permits this particular hotel to operate under its name.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#58 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#79 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#73 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#71 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#95 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East? Share your experiences!