“Clean rooms. Roaches all over the breakfast area!”

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
Ranked #109 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Clean rooms. Roaches all over the breakfast area!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

While older, my room was clean and comfortable. Good service. Horribly slow Internet. The kicker were the roaches running all over the seats and walls in the breakfast room. None in my actual room. And the breakfast is not good. Hard boiled eggs you have to peel yourself? The only other option are bagels or waffles. Yuck!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It's a simple hotel. We only needed a place to rest and for that it was just fine. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. If basic is all you need, it fits the bill without getting into budget hotels. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in February 2014 for a business trip. I would not stay here again.

The pros? The hotel is in a busy area, and there are a ton of restaurants and stores within feet of the hotel. Within 10 minutes of the hotel is a Super Target, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme, Marshall's,
Sonic, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, and a lot more. The staff was more than welcoming. The pool was clean but tucked in a corner of the parking lot where none of the staff could see (and no cameras)...this wouldn't be such a big deal if...

Cons--On my way to my job interview one morning, there was several police in cars and running in the parking lot and in the woods behind the hotel, including near the pool. They had dogs and guns drawn and they sniffed me as if I were a criminal. The sheriff's helicopter was also flying overhead.

As others noted, the third flood stunk! I ended up getting air fresheners from Target for my room but my clothes still picked up the smell. The TV hardly worked; it froze a TON on the channels that worked. Several channels did not work; I stayed during the Sochi Olympics but missed several days and the closing ceremonies because NBC didn't work at all. There were bugs on the downstairs counter where they were serving the lackluster free breakfast. Soda machine charged $1.75.

I had an executive suite, which was roomy but only because there was very little in it. There was a nasty stain on my sheet upon check in, and no blankets for the pull out.

Overall, the experience wasn't terrible, but I would not waste my money on this location again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have been staying in La Quinta Hotels for years and our perception of this hotel chain is that it is affordable and a very nice and clean place to stay, but our opinion for this one is very different. The personell is friendly, courteous and professional, but the facilities I would say it needs a big TLC. Some paint, carpet cleaning and floor maintenance will be needed for the whole building. The elevator is in poor condition. I was very dissapointed. In the other hand I would like to say thank you to Rene the maintance man, he was very helpful. The breakfast was not what we expected. We love to stay in La Quinta, but not in this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Venice, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We didn't stay here for any grand expectations. We were visiting relatives and it was a place to sleep and shower for the weekend. If that's all you need and you've stayed in 3rd world facilities before then you won't whine much. It's a cost-efficient alternative to the ridiculously-priced rooms closer to the coast. And, it's only 15-20 minutes down Commercial to get to the pier.
However, I've stayed at other La Quinta properties before and I'm well-travelled. The other La Quinta properties I've stayed at were nearly pristine and had a better breakfast. This property is very, very, VERY run down. We were given a "smoking room" after specifying non-smoking on the reservation. When we got off on the 3rd floor where our room was, the reek of old stale smoke hit like a brick wall. Our room also had that "old nicotine drenched into the carpet and textiles" smell that is impossible to air out. The bed was comfortable, the shower was clean and the front desk staff was polite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#66 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#92 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#76 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#72 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95 Inn
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95...
#63 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Been to La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East? Share your experiences!