“Very good place to stay”

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
Ranked #107 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were very tired and stopped there before reaching Miami. For a last minute search during Miami spring break we got an honest deal. The breakfast room is very small for the size of this hotel but we got lucky that at the time that we got our breakfast it was not crowded.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel in a King room. The bed was nice enough. The room was clean enough. I was disappointed in the lack of towels and how stained they were. Once they reach a certain amount of "stained", I think it's probably time to retire them, La Quinta. The neighborhood is ok, compared to many of the areas we drove through in the Ft. Lauderdale and Tamarac area. It works for a one night stay, in a relatively clean and safe place, on the lower end (still over 100!) of the price range for that area. We didn't have any breakfast or use the pool, but I can confirm that the pool is very small.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

While older, my room was clean and comfortable. Good service. Horribly slow Internet. The kicker were the roaches running all over the seats and walls in the breakfast room. None in my actual room. And the breakfast is not good. Hard boiled eggs you have to peel yourself? The only other option are bagels or waffles. Yuck!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It's a simple hotel. We only needed a place to rest and for that it was just fine. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. If basic is all you need, it fits the bill without getting into budget hotels. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in February 2014 for a business trip. I would not stay here again.

The pros? The hotel is in a busy area, and there are a ton of restaurants and stores within feet of the hotel. Within 10 minutes of the hotel is a Super Target, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme, Marshall's,
Sonic, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, and a lot more. The staff was more than welcoming. The pool was clean but tucked in a corner of the parking lot where none of the staff could see (and no cameras)...this wouldn't be such a big deal if...

Cons--On my way to my job interview one morning, there was several police in cars and running in the parking lot and in the woods behind the hotel, including near the pool. They had dogs and guns drawn and they sniffed me as if I were a criminal. The sheriff's helicopter was also flying overhead.

As others noted, the third flood stunk! I ended up getting air fresheners from Target for my room but my clothes still picked up the smell. The TV hardly worked; it froze a TON on the channels that worked. Several channels did not work; I stayed during the Sochi Olympics but missed several days and the closing ceremonies because NBC didn't work at all. There were bugs on the downstairs counter where they were serving the lackluster free breakfast. Soda machine charged $1.75.

I had an executive suite, which was roomy but only because there was very little in it. There was a nasty stain on my sheet upon check in, and no blankets for the pull out.

Overall, the experience wasn't terrible, but I would not waste my money on this location again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have been staying in La Quinta Hotels for years and our perception of this hotel chain is that it is affordable and a very nice and clean place to stay, but our opinion for this one is very different. The personell is friendly, courteous and professional, but the facilities I would say it needs a big TLC. Some paint, carpet cleaning and floor maintenance will be needed for the whole building. The elevator is in poor condition. I was very dissapointed. In the other hand I would like to say thank you to Rene the maintance man, he was very helpful. The breakfast was not what we expected. We love to stay in La Quinta, but not in this one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We didn't stay here for any grand expectations. We were visiting relatives and it was a place to sleep and shower for the weekend. If that's all you need and you've stayed in 3rd world facilities before then you won't whine much. It's a cost-efficient alternative to the ridiculously-priced rooms closer to the coast. And, it's only 15-20 minutes down Commercial to get to the pier.
However, I've stayed at other La Quinta properties before and I'm well-travelled. The other La Quinta properties I've stayed at were nearly pristine and had a better breakfast. This property is very, very, VERY run down. We were given a "smoking room" after specifying non-smoking on the reservation. When we got off on the 3rd floor where our room was, the reek of old stale smoke hit like a brick wall. Our room also had that "old nicotine drenched into the carpet and textiles" smell that is impossible to air out. The bed was comfortable, the shower was clean and the front desk staff was polite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#60 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#79 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#98 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#78 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
The Link Hotel
The Link Hotel
#101 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Been to La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East? Share your experiences!