“ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES IN FLORIDA” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

and 1 more site!
Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #124 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Florida City, Florida
“ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES IN FLORIDA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

There is no way that you will find everyone giving the same reviews on a forum like this. There will be good experiences as well as bad experiences. In a business, that's what the owners have to go through every second of the day. With this said, I have to say Crossland offered us one of the best extended stay experiences my fiance and I ever had. First when we pulled up, we couldn't believe that an extended stay hotel could look as beautiful as Crossland. We were expecting the worst, honestly. We were expecting a cheap looking motel - and we say motel because a lot of motels are grungy looking and the occupants all seem to be unscrupulous....not Crossland. We had that welcoming feeling the moment we drove up to the front of the building. Crossland has 2 palm trees bordering the front office and you feel like you're walking up the aisle to get married (smile). Overall the office staff are very accommodating and pleasant. Now what are you expecting from an extended stay hotel where people stay as long as they want to? Do you expect the same service and ambiance as say the Hilton Hotel or leasing an apartment where they run your credit of which a bad credit score will prevent you from living there? What we can say is this, you get what you pay for. Crossland is an extended stay hotel. They don't check your credit, you stay as long as you wish, it gives you an opportunity to get your life back together while having a comfortable place to stay and feel at ease. Whatever your personal situation is, Crossland is the best extended stay hotel to be. Whether your stay is short term or long term, you can't find anywhere more suitable, accommodating, stress free like Crossland. Crossland has free housekeeping, it's pet friendly, unfortunately no swimming pool (but of course what would you expect if your paying such a low rate to live somewhere, you can't get all the glits and glammer, so having no swimming pool here, we believe is more than acceptable), the room comes with cooking utensils, a microwave, a stove, a small refrigerator, a dish drainer, a small desk, 2 chairs, a TV with local cable stations, free internet with just an extremely minimal payment when you register (it's about $5), so as long as you're staying here, there is no more fee for the internet, you're set until you're ready to leave. No matter where you go you will always find good people and unscrupulous people - whether you stay in Beverly Hills or at Crossland. The last thing we would like to mention is, the local police are always evident and this gives us, the occupants, peace of mind that we are safe.

We rated Crossland a 4 - and would have rated it a 5, if it wasn't for the less than perfect plumbing system they have. Frankly, everywhere we've visited or gone to in Florida and the surrounding area of Crossland, there's a less than perfect plumbing system somewhere. Other than that, our stay here has been remarkable. It's been almost 6 months and WE'RE STILL LOVING CROSSLAND !!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are much more sunny, brighter and has full view of the businesses in the area, su...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 6 March 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is the worst Extended Stay property I have ever been in (and I've been in three).

This Crosslands is the dirtiest, filthiest, worst tenement slum, that a terribly managed rental property can turn out to be.

First, this is a "pet friendly" motel, therefore, your room is going to smell like dog no matter what. Wet dog, dirty dog, smelly dog. If you have any pet allergies, you are going to be sick, and sick of the place, in a matter of hours.

If you complain to the management, you will be at best ignored, at worst told "no".

But that is part of the plan of Extended Stay - if you book on-line for a discount, eventually during your stay, the management will engage you in some kind of argument, in person or over the phone, in hopes that you will be angry enough to bail out. Of course, that means that you will then owe the difference between the discounted long-term rate paid so far, and the full-price nightly rate of a short stay.

While the management of this motel tells callers that it is "full", thus making the $60/night for a $30 slum motel seem like a last chance opportunity, in reality the parking lot is half-full, and so are the rooms.

Most of the guests at this motel are welfare families - singles, mothers and kids - that the county pays for monthly shelter. Younger people and older people with no where else to go. That means you are not mingling with below travelers from the other States/Countries, but rather local welfare clients and persons otherwise down on their luck for housing - with lots of emotional baggage - including hard-on-the-ears partying and quarreling.

Don't expect "housekeeping" to clean your room once-a-week as the booking agreement states. They roll right past your door every day. They clean rooms when guests check out.

As for the kitchenette - mini-fridge and microwave only.

How sad that a motel that looks good from the outside is such a tenement slum.

Room Tip: Look at your room before you pay money for it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Nick B

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Nassau, New Providence Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

i stayed on three different occasions..its very cheap but is spooky late at night and someone kept knocking on my door. I saw a guy who looked like a drug addict there as well
if u stay here request a room closer to the front desk

Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank caribboyy
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

The biggest reason never to stay here is that I found a bed bug on my pillow in the morning. I took a picture of it and looked it up online to confirm it. Secondly, even though it was a non-smoking room, the odor of it having had smoke in it in the past was overwhelming. The area around it offers nothing - not even restaurants. There were 2 no-name places within 5 miles, otherwise it was all fast food. The office staff was pleasant but otherwise, I have nothing good to say about it. There wasn't a blanket on either bed - only a comforter and stained sheets. The beds were hard and there was noise throughout the whole night from people walking around and going up and down the stairs. We requested a late check-out of noon and at 11am sharp, they banged on the door loud enough to wake the dead. Even after telling them we had a late check-out, 5 minutes later someone else did the same thing. I definitely would never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Carefully read the reviews of past travelers!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank IamMicheleY
Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

if you're looking for a place b&b... has anything you need. Good value and quiet, not so clean but not dirty. the bed was clean, but the carpet was not that clean.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kel_201085
SouthernBorn101
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

When we first got here, I showed the lady at the desk our reservation sheet . I showed that we reserved a room with a queen bed. She informed me that the price I paid was for a doule bed and that if we wanted a queen bed it would be an additional $10.00 per night. We decided to deal with the double bed and got our room keys. We get up to the room and find MANY DIGUSTING problems. There are very large stains on the carpet, there was feces on the roll of toilet paper, urine in the toilet and old food in the microwave. The cabinet doors are swollen and falling apart from getting wet. The shower has mold in it. When we arrived I asked what dishes were included in the room. We were told we should have 1 skillet, 1 pot, 2 dinner plates, 2 coffee mugs, 2 forks and 2 knives, and 2 glasses. Well we got to the room and there was no skillet or pot. I called down to the office and she said "Sorry we dont have any but when my security guard gets here at 11pm I will have him look in storage and see if we have any". Mind you this is at 630 in the evening. 90% of the people in this hotel live here full time. Outside our room there was an overflowing garbage can. I called down to ask them to empty it because it smelled horrible and it was all over the place and was told "They will empty it tomorrow night". I am very paranoid that my car will be gone in the morning when I get up. I wish there was a way to get my money back and go to another hotel but the front desk is refusing to do anything. When I asked to change rooms I was told there were no other rooms available.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SouthernBorn101
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....SOMETIMES. I had to sleep with a knife under my pillow because my sliding glass windows would not lock. There was no one on duty in the office at 11:00 p.m. when I checked in. I had to bang on doors, which finally aroused the "Security Officer". Luckily, he was able to check me in. The sheets were torn on my bed, the toilet "ran" all night, the dishes in the kitchenette had food/drink/lipstick stains on them.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank jcburnt
fcbmiami, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 23 June 2009
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Crossland Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."