Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #124 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
“I enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

No complaints at all & when I need a room they are on the top of my list!!!!!!!! Great front desk also very pleasant. Nice rooms free show time comfortable beds nice size bathroom. Fullsize kitchen. Microwave pots pans ig u dont want to eat out I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank ilovei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Worse hotel I have seen in my life! The carpet is extremely dirty, I found blood stains on the blanket. The fridge was dirty there was hair and blood in the freezer and fungus growing on its door. The bathroom and kitchen sinks were clogged. I didn't get any room service in one week and when I told the manager about how dirty the room was she gave an attitude and charged me even extra and did not even try to resolve the problem. Their key card also never works so I had to go get a new one every-time and deal with the staffs attitude. I would NEVER stay here again. It's better to pay a little more and not live in a trashcan!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank nasim p
Boston, MA
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed her numerous times, but not since a year ago. Our room had garbage in the sink, no glass tray in microwave, red stains on the unvacumed carpet, dirty dish in cabinet, bed headboard was peeling off- the fake wood, etc. Terrible night. We were told "they are working on fixing the rooms."

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank snapette
Plantation, Florida, USA
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I needed to find an affordable place for an extended stay for an older couple while securing housing Some of what people say is true the area is so so this is nothing the hotel controls it is safe. For the price I am not sure what people expect 44.00 plus tax. They were there about a month not one roach was clean enough. I explained my situation to manager Alex who was nice enough to lock in the price I got for them on line since such a long stay and to be honest 79.00 a night would require a total overhaul these rooms although not appearing to be that old have been used hard and not cared for enough and there are several on this strip much nicer for this price. The staff is put into difficult situations with pictures not being exactly accurate as they appear to be from when updates were made originally I felt badly as they did there best to be polite to guests paying 50 and thinking they were at the Ritz . Aragon was also another staff who came to my rescue as I did not realize they were set for check out and I needed a couple more days to secure a new place he first wanted to move there room or to another property when I explained there handicap and the amount of stress this involved he worked it out and it was truly appreciated. This is not a hotel for a family on vacation and I l suggest if on such a low budget be careful as life is full of you get what you pay for this is ok and not a vacation spot at this time staff can be harsh but mostly helpful. You need to maybe eliminate smoking in rooms altogether as it is very unappealing. If you have a tight budget and need a place to stay there is nothing wrong staff is doing the best they can Alex was great it is ashame he is not longer there/ All the young ladies were kind. Aragon really was helpful took time to listen . This is not a place for a weekend getaway or a romantic weekend or family vacation. The room was clean older staff helped and location is safe the police were there once in a month that I saw.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was totally disappointed with everything at this place.
The drapes were falling down allowing outsiders to see in, there was blood stains all over the cabinet, the drawers on the bureau were broken and falling apart. There was no remote for the television. This was being used as a welfare hotel. The staff was oblivious to what was going on. The office was always unattended so unable to get service.
I sat on a chair until daylight so I could leave because I was scared to leave in the dark.
I did not get a refund or any type of compensation. I have never in my life been so disappointed and scared. I do not recommend this place even if it is being offered for free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JAMEE H
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The price was good the servicecwas poor thay never fixed or gavevme a new frig could not get my complimentary room service until the next day and I asked for it before 11 a.m. The police were constantly at the hotel took all day to get any clean towels the TV in the room is very small the dresser was broke it was very loud and noisy at night especially after midnight all the way up until 4 or 5 in the morning

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Angela - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our affordable rates; however, we failed to provide you with a clean, comfortable, well-functioning room and a home away from home experience. Please accept our sincere apologies as the issued you described are completely unacceptable. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our communication and response methods.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fls@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
miami
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I arrived in South Florida a couple of months ago to move for a new job. Without permanent residence for roughly my first month in the area, I chose to stay at the Crossland Economy Studios Commercial Blvd for a 4-week stay. I found it conveniently located, clean, and the staff very helpful to meet my needs. Comes highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean room and our hotel's convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!