Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #124 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Keep on going”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The place is dirty. They only take care of the room once a week according to the desk clerk when I asked why our room wasn't made up. Disgusting. There were also tiny bugs flying around. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy"

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Bob – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to provide further training to ensure your experience is not repeated. Although we only provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights, please know that these services are always available upon request for a minimal fee. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fcb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

There was a Smell in the room also dirty carpets and ants. The bed had water stains which I realized the next day. Its it just a horrible place to stay. Please stay any place else. Paint is coming off the hallways.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Go anywhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fcb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

If you compare to any other motels in the area, this one is poor. The staff is really impolitem the main lobby is very dirty. The area is not secured either. The rooms are not cleaned properly and the service is very slow

• Stayed January 2014
Louis – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As well, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fcb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

No complaints at all & when I need a room they are on the top of my list!!!!!!!! Great front desk also very pleasant. Nice rooms free show time comfortable beds nice size bathroom. Fullsize kitchen. Microwave pots pans ig u dont want to eat out I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank ilovei
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Worse hotel I have seen in my life! The carpet is extremely dirty, I found blood stains on the blanket. The fridge was dirty there was hair and blood in the freezer and fungus growing on its door. The bathroom and kitchen sinks were clogged. I didn't get any room service in one week and when I told the manager about how dirty the room was she gave an attitude and charged me even extra and did not even try to resolve the problem. Their key card also never works so I had to go get a new one every-time and deal with the staffs attitude. I would NEVER stay here again. It's better to pay a little more and not live in a trashcan!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank nasim p
Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed her numerous times, but not since a year ago. Our room had garbage in the sink, no glass tray in microwave, red stains on the unvacumed carpet, dirty dish in cabinet, bed headboard was peeling off- the fake wood, etc. Terrible night. We were told "they are working on fixing the rooms."

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank snapette
Plantation, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I needed to find an affordable place for an extended stay for an older couple while securing housing Some of what people say is true the area is so so this is nothing the hotel controls it is safe. For the price I am not sure what people expect 44.00 plus tax. They were there about a month not one roach was clean enough. I explained my situation to manager Alex who was nice enough to lock in the price I got for them on line since such a long stay and to be honest 79.00 a night would require a total overhaul these rooms although not appearing to be that old have been used hard and not cared for enough and there are several on this strip much nicer for this price. The staff is put into difficult situations with pictures not being exactly accurate as they appear to be from when updates were made originally I felt badly as they did there best to be polite to guests paying 50 and thinking they were at the Ritz . Aragon was also another staff who came to my rescue as I did not realize they were set for check out and I needed a couple more days to secure a new place he first wanted to move there room or to another property when I explained there handicap and the amount of stress this involved he worked it out and it was truly appreciated. This is not a hotel for a family on vacation and I l suggest if on such a low budget be careful as life is full of you get what you pay for this is ok and not a vacation spot at this time staff can be harsh but mostly helpful. You need to maybe eliminate smoking in rooms altogether as it is very unappealing. If you have a tight budget and need a place to stay there is nothing wrong staff is doing the best they can Alex was great it is ashame he is not longer there/ All the young ladies were kind. Aragon really was helpful took time to listen . This is not a place for a weekend getaway or a romantic weekend or family vacation. The room was clean older staff helped and location is safe the police were there once in a month that I saw.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple