Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Ranked #81 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Surprised!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stay in this hotel twice. I love high end hotels but this last time I was more into location and budget. Well, after going to a third website and name my own price. I got this hotel. Oh Boy! I first was like mmm not sure but then Oh well lets go! at my arrival staff was great, room clean and have a kitchenette. parking is good. Only down no vending ice machine in hotel. Its two hotels in same lot so they share some convenience. Not a big deal for me. They got a full size refrigerator and provide you with pots and pan if needed. Awesome service. For the price that I paid.

In my opinion it work like a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Mary - We appreciate you taking the time to write such an excellent review. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We are also glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our great service.

Thank you again for posting a wonderful review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
west country
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night prior to a cruise. Check in staff were extremely friendly and helpful.. Newly refurbished room with kitchenette . You need to request cups etc from reception which are delivered promptly.Very comfortable bed and very cloose to cruise port.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanWestCountry
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Susan - We appreciate your wonderful remarks. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and their excellent service. We are glad that you enjoyed your comfortable room and fully equipped kitchen.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed here three times so far and have been treated as though we are family by the entire staff. They welcome us with open arms and even call us by our names. My husband and I are germaphobic when we travel, and we always wipe down hotel room surfaces. However at this hotel, it is so clean that I have never had a spot of dirt or dust on my wipes! The place is spotless!! After a full day of traveling, we were also pleased with the extreme comfort of the beds. Needless to say, we plan to return in 2015 to stay with our "adopted family".

A New Mexico Couple

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 71SylJEAn
We read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such terrific things about our hotel. We are honored to know you thought of our hotel as your "home away from home" and our staff as your "adopted family". It was our pleasure to host you and your husband.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night prior to departing on our Caribbean cruise.

Booked as a last minute decision so we could stay overnight before our cruise, rather than driving down from Orlando on the same day. Wasn't expecting too much since the last place we stayed that had a 'kitchenette' left a lot to be desired! However, I was pleasantly surprised with the room that we were allocated. It appeared to have been renovated fairly recently and was spotless. Perfectly usable small kitchen area and really liked the fact that you can select from a menu of the things you need to use (cups, plates, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans etc). Although we didn't actually need to use this service, I believe that you just call down to reception and someone brings it up to you. At least this way you know it's clean!

Room had two double beds and was very nice with clean linens.

Hotel staff were a delight - really friendly and helpful upon check in. Liked the fact that they had a basket of free amenities to select from (razors, toothpaste, popcorn etc). Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

Very highly recommended hotel, especially for a quick one night stop pre or post cruise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lucyrocket2016
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our new customized kitchen process, which makes sure that we provide our guests with clean and sanitized cookware. We are so proud of our staff for being helpful and friendly. We are glad that you had such a pleasant stay and that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us about your recent visit. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is ok. It stinks a little bit because of these Florida's swamps. The rooms are new and comfortable. There's a small tub for those who like, a complete kitchen with an electric stove, utensils, etc. A great hotel to spend a long time. They also have free shuttle to the airport or where you work if you're in town for business. The driver Eddie is awesome, but the driver Malcom is crazy, he drives like his transporting a sack of potato. The staff is very friendly.
The cleanliness service is not good. The housekeeper doesn't do anything but change towels and replace soap, shampoo etc. And weekly, what's not bad for me, but they could at least wash the dishes.
There's no swimming pool or fitness center. The laundry is old, but works.

One more important detail: I had a bike parked in the park lot. Somebody stole it. They cut the lock and took the bike. The hotel doesn't have cameras. There's also a back door that stays open 24/7. The area can be safe, but the hotel is not safe. They could have a security guard at night at least, but they don't.

Room Tip: I like the first floor, so I can go up the stairs easily.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ontario
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before taking a cruise. I must say that it was better than expected, thanks in no small part to the wonderfully nice staff! When we got to the Fort Lauderdale airport, we called the hotel so they could send their free shuttle to pick us up. The shuttle took nearly 1 hour to show up due to traffic, construction, and the driver not knowing our exact location. We thought that wasn't a good start, however, the driver was super apologetic and really nice. The drive to the hotel took about 10 minutes and he pointed out all the nearby places where we could eat and answered all of our questions. He was very courteous and friendly. When we checked in, they gave us a bunch of free snacks (granola bars, cookies, popcorn, etc.) and treated our 8 year old daughter very nicely. The room was your average hotel room except it had a little kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, sink, and cabinets stocked with utensils. The room also had free Wi-Fi, which was great. The location of the hotel is great, with access to lots of stores where you can get last-minute supplies before the cruise and also eat. Across the street is a Starbucks and an Einstein Bros Bagels (great for breakfast!) and there is a Walgreens about a 5 minute walk away. Lots and lots of eating options around within a 5 minute walk, including Chipotles, Carrabba's, Panera Bread, burgers, Chinese, etc. Shopping centers around also with Ross, Dollar store, and even an indoor playground if your kids are bored. In short, the location is fantastic for a pre-cruise stay as you will not be bored or hungry, plenty of restaurants and stores right nearby. The port is only about a 5 minute drive away and the shuttle that takes you there costs $4 per person. Again, the staff are amazing from the shuttle driver to the front desk people, kudos to them! Would definitely stay here again next time we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about us. I am proud of our team for providing you with outstanding service and am glad to read that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel had to offer as well as our location.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future, thank you for taking the time to send us your review.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2014

There were definitely some hiccups but overall a decent stay.

I checked in around 9.30pm. The desk clerk was super awesome. They had a basket of "amenities" at the front desk - disposable razors, shampoo, microwave popcorn (amazeballs, since I was starving).

I went up to my room, swiped my key card, opened the door and...thunk. Something was in the way. I pushed on the door and nope, that door wasn't opening more than six or eight inches. I start to try to squeeze my head in to see what's blocking the door when a man comes running up from inside the room to ask me what I'm doing. I, of course, ask HIM what HE'S doing. He's cleaning the carpet. At 9.30pm on a Friday. On a room that has been rented to me. Oh, boy.

He asks me to "wait outside" for 5-10 minutes while he finishes. I'm tired, it's been a long trip, I'm thinking slow. I close the door and just sit down in the hall. I'm trying to decide whether I should go back downstairs to complain/get another room or just give the guy a few minutes. In less time than it takes me to decide (I'm really tired, I'm pretty sure it was less than ten minutes), he's finished. He leaves, I enter, my carpet is soaking wet, I don't care - I'm tired.

The place is kinda old. The formica in the kitchenette is chipped and worn. I don't care. The sheets and towels are clean and everything works. OK, my alarm clock was a little cranky with some of the set buttons but whatev - I got it to work.

The ac is loud, there's a somewhat high level of street noise, the beds are extra firm and slightly uncomfortable. The toilet has a very impressive turbo flush, the water pressure and temp in the shower are fine and the shower head is taller than me - bonus!

There's a Publix, Total Wine (!) and Walgreen's all within a very easy walking distance. Me and the Walgreen's totally became best buds since I passed it every day on my way to and from the convention center. Buy your sodas, snacks and water at the Walgreen's or Publix - the vending machines at the hotel are stupid spendy.

Again, the front desk staff were great. They were very helpful at check-out and I really appreciated their enthusiasm.

Overall, average hotel that met my needs. Other than that 9.30pm carpet cleaning thing no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business