The room looked ok: no bedspread (always a plus) and nice looking light furniture. The bathroom was really good, especially the hand-held massage shower head, which is almost unheard of, even in a high priced hotel. The problem was the room ventilation, which consisted of an exceptionally noisy unit that cycled on and off with a bang every few minutes. It was impossible to fall asleep as you would anticipate the upcoming boom signaling the a/c either turning on or off. Finally, I had to turn off the air conditioning and rely totally on the fan function, which was still really loud, but constant, at least. It was very stuffy in the room and there was the smell of dampness (perhaps mold) coming from the a/c unit. I would guess that they don't change the filter in the a/c unit very often, if ever.
The breakfast was just fine and in general, the place was quite clean. If only it hadn't been one of my worst sleep experiences ever...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oakland Park Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oakland Park
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Oakland Park Best Western