Stayed April 4, 2014 for 1 night prior to a cruise on the 5th. Chose this hotel mainly because of price... and I used all my Air Miles points from the past 10 years.
Hotel is quite a distance from the Air/Cruise port. (25 Min) People who complain about the shuttle should realize that it takes about 10 min just to get out of the airport with all the traffic and current construction. At $5 per person the shuttle is a good deal, just make sure you call the hotel when you get off the plane.
The hotel room was standard and perfectly fine. The washroom was dated but served its purpose. Pool was great!
A word of advice on departure if you want the shuttle... I would try to book it when you book your room. When I arrived at the hotel the earliest time left for a shuttle to the cruise port was 1230... Knowing how far the cruise port is we decided to take a cab, which was $30 tip included. We took a cab at 10:50 and were on the ship within an hour.
The shuttle driver recommended a restaurant within a 3 min walk from the hotel called Millers Ale House. Definitely GO if you want great food at a great price. Highly recommended.
Overall, I would stay again. As far as a cheap pre-post cruise hotel goes this one is perfectly fine. Anyone who complains should pay twice as much and stay at the Hyatt.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oakland Park Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oakland Park
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Oakland Park Best Western