“Great for price”

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before and after a sailing trip. Great for my needs since did not plan for as beach.

Room was no smoking so great. Tiki bar by pool was reasonable. Also was easy to get shuttle to/from hotel and airport.

John, at desk, was very attentive and remembered me on return trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BellaVistaJim
There are newer reviews for Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was not a great place to stay. The price was cheap, but we really got what we paid for. The whole place was dingy. The staff actually creeped me out. There was a male staff member that kept staring to the point I felt scared.

There is a continental bfast there. I went to go get some and come back to the room and help my friend get ready for her competition. I was told I couldn't leave the area with food. The woman forced me to sit in the food area if I wanted the bfast. not impressed....and she was rude about it.

If you have another choice I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 24 June 2014

They charged a resort fee to a Priceline customer although it is not a resort plus it is not a 3 star hotel. Printer in business center very hot & looked like a fire hazard. Complained about it. Also beds very small, not big enough for two.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JBFlorida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lazy unhappy desk, breakfast, and all staff. Breakfast lady was rightdown rude. When we first tried to check in the guy on the desk was close to shift change 10+ minutes and he made us wait until they made shift change and the lady who took over was happy to check up in while the first guy said there were no rooms availalbe on the ground floor at all and no rooms ready for a few hours. When the shift changed we got a choice of first floor rooms right away. The guy seemed to get a little kick out of telling us we couldn't have what we wanted. Jerk!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our "free" hotel due to an airline issue. It smelled like mildew. Also, the front desk attendant did NOT inform us that breakfast was the ONLY meal they served, therefore if we didn't use our meal vouchers for it, that we'd go hungry for the rest of the day. Thanks Best Western and Spirit airlines, true quality! Just more "that's your problem, not ours" and that's exactly what people want to experience during their vacation. Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BroadwayW
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I would never stay here again. The toilet did not work and when I reported this to the front desk clerk Karlene she was sooo rude and told me "so what do you want me to do, im getting off now" I couldn't believe this was her answer to by problem when I clearly needed to use the bathroom right away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It's more like a motel, not a 3-star hotel. Window air-conditioner is extremly noisy. A little bit far from both airport and cruise port. The free shuttle is good though. Overall, it's not as good as other Best Western I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family