Stay was a mixed bag. Originally assigned bleak view of an inner stairwell with a side view of the roadway outside even though the hotel was sparsely filled. Front desk clerk was unhappy with my request for a room change saying the only other rooms available also were directly on stairwells. Many of the rooms were said to be out of order due to some slow season renovations. Finally, upon my insistence she allowed me to switch to a room on the top floor. And I am glad I did because this room actually also had a side view of the pool. The front desk clerk cautioned me that I would hear work noise in that room and that she she did not know when they would start. Luckily, the noise ended up not being too bad, just a buzzing type noise, and I needed to get up anyway as the free breakfast ends at 9a.m. The room furnishings were basic. I enjoyed, however, the sanitized remote control for the tv and the quality of the toiletries. The double beds seemed a little bit on the small size but that may have just been due to the white bedspreads. Didn't really know what to make of the plastic curtains which kinda had a bubble type motif. The microwave and refrigerator were a welcome addition. The next morning, I enjoyed a relatively abundant complimentary breakfast. I didn't have a chance to speak with the attendant, but she seemed nice. While I enjoyed the pool and adjoining tiki bar, the construction noise at the property was somewhat annoying while I was trying to relax at the pool. The fitness center was basic, but a housekeeper showed me how to work the television set and I was able to enjoy a decent workout on the stairmaster. My check out was easy and the man seemed friendly, much improvement over my previous night's experience. While the hotel is located a couple of miles from the beach, I still found it convenient.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oakland Park Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oakland Park
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Oakland Park Best Western