“Great stay at great price.”

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ranked #67 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toledo
“Great stay at great price.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I booked this at the last minute online as it fit our needs for our trip....free parking, free wifi, free breakfast, good price and nice pool. I will tell you that every single employee here was courteous, friendly and helpful. We arrived before checking time actually by a few hours but were checked in anyway without a problem. Our room was nice and very clean with everything we needed including a coffee pot, mini fridge and microwave. Our room was 208 and we overlooked the nice pool area and Tiki bar. There was plenty of room at the pool to lounge as well as covered areas where you could easily get out of the sun. Breakfast was from 6 to 9 daily and consisted of coffee milk 3 juice options, 3 cereal options, 2 types of eggs, sausage patties, muffins, waffles, toast, bagels, English muffins and was very well attended. There is a Publix grocery store and other stores nearby. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would go back. For $100 a day this was a great deal. My 2 suggestions are. ...book your shuttle back to the airport upon arrival. Check out the ribs at Miller Ale restaurant a short walk away

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is not much but get on site and you will be happy with your choice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank LINDA U

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stay was a mixed bag. Originally assigned bleak view of an inner stairwell with a side view of the roadway outside even though the hotel was sparsely filled. Front desk clerk was unhappy with my request for a room change saying the only other rooms available also were directly on stairwells. Many of the rooms were said to be out of order due to some slow season renovations. Finally, upon my insistence she allowed me to switch to a room on the top floor. And I am glad I did because this room actually also had a side view of the pool. The front desk clerk cautioned me that I would hear work noise in that room and that she she did not know when they would start. Luckily, the noise ended up not being too bad, just a buzzing type noise, and I needed to get up anyway as the free breakfast ends at 9a.m. The room furnishings were basic. I enjoyed, however, the sanitized remote control for the tv and the quality of the toiletries. The double beds seemed a little bit on the small size but that may have just been due to the white bedspreads. Didn't really know what to make of the plastic curtains which kinda had a bubble type motif. The microwave and refrigerator were a welcome addition. The next morning, I enjoyed a relatively abundant complimentary breakfast. I didn't have a chance to speak with the attendant, but she seemed nice. While I enjoyed the pool and adjoining tiki bar, the construction noise at the property was somewhat annoying while I was trying to relax at the pool. The fitness center was basic, but a housekeeper showed me how to work the television set and I was able to enjoy a decent workout on the stairmaster. My check out was easy and the man seemed friendly, much improvement over my previous night's experience. While the hotel is located a couple of miles from the beach, I still found it convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank seriousworldwanderer
Campinas, SP
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bed and shower are very ok. Cleaning was doubtful, but also ok.

There is a target in the corner, could be helpful. Not recommend if you are looking for a good "vacation" hotel, but it is useful to spend the night without issues. Receptionist are very rude and without patience with "non-Americans".

Cama e banho sao ok. Higiene é duvidosa, porem ok.

Tem uma loja target em frente ao hotel, pode ser util. Nao recomendado se voce estiver passando ferias nos EUA, porem util se quiser passar uma noite ou duas. As/os recepcionistas sao rudes e sem paciencia com estrangeiros.

Room Tip: Any room are the same. Todos os quartos sao iguais.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rodrigo P
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I chose the property sight-unseen based on price and the free shuttle service. I found the staff friendly and accommodating and the property older but very clean. I didn't try their breakfast, so I have no comment on that. They closed the breakfast too early for me (for a Sunday). I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would stay again given the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Robert S
Sunshine Coast Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We moved here after having booked in at Sea Beach Plaza ( which was a shocking hotel/motel)
The best Western was just the opposite. Staff was so helpful and understanding. Rooms were excellent clean and modern. Room cleaning and reception staff was delightful - rooms always clean and immaculate and they couldn't do enough for our family group. Laundry facilities were great and breakfast was extensive & enough to suit everyone.
We were so impressed with this hotel - they made our stay so special. We were so sorry that one of our group ended up in hospital due to drink spiking on Fort Lauderdale strip. (beware of 'molly' drug. Not much fun for very conservative 65 yr old!!!) and staff and paramedics and local hospital were very helpful. This reflects in no way on the hotel.
Hotel was close to supermarket - walking distance. Also the outlet shops only 20 mins away and well worth the trip. Really loved this hotel and will definitely recommend and come back again:)

Room Tip: Any room is great at this family hotel (has lift) Pool is excellent and bar near pool has good atmos...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LynM65
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed one day and absolutely loved it. Great price. The room was spotless and did not have any musty or mold odor. Spent most of time relaxing around the beautiful pool and tiki bar.
Mark the bartender was great! Shuttle service provided. The drivers were wonderful, especially
Lavonne ( sorry if name misspelled ) He gave us a tour of seven mile beach before taking us
to the cruise ship. He was so polite and friendly. John at the front desk was very accommodating.
Buffet breakfast was included. We enjoyed making our Belgian waffles! Within walking distance
to a shopping mall that had a grocery and liquor store. No this is not the Ritz Carlton but I will definitely return and will recommend this little gem to our friends!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Deborah M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

the price was great but the bathtubs don't drain, or take too much time to do so, I did not have the stopper on the drain, yet while showering the tub continued to fill up. Had to rinse my feet before drying them and getting out of the tub. One other item, the mildew odor, you would think for a place where all the rooms lead to the outside, the place would have a fresher smell.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends