“Great Stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

The Premier Hotel is a great place to stay, position is wonderful, very close to the beach. The apartments are great for a family, one bedroom apartment is equipped with four (4) double beds, how great is that. Two in the bedroom and two in the open plan living/dining room. Two bathrooms, neat and clean. Two T.V.'s. Fully equipped kitchen to keep those costs down. This is a family operated hotel and they care about their guests. This hotel comes equipped with a pool, great to cool off in after a hard day investigating Fort Lauderdale. Great spot close to everything, restaurants, shops and ferry services. Keep up the good work, will be back. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Nos sentimos muy a gusto en el hotel, agradecemos la hospitalidad y el cariño con el que nos trataron. Maravillosa gente, nos hicieron sentir parte de su familia. Muchas gracias, espero volver pronto.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Premiere Hotel for 3 nights. We were a little skeptical about our stay: the reviews just looked too good to be true for the price. Well, guess what? We were wrong: everything worked out perfectly. Mario and Fred were very friendly and always ready to help. They really do care about their guests, very down to earth, and take great pride in their business! if you expect Four Season's quality, this is certainly not a place for you. But if you like being VERY close to the beach, clean rooms and awesome hospitality, Premiere is definitely a great option. I'll be in Florida twice next month for conferences and I really wish I could stay here again, but unfortunately the rooms are booked already at different hotels, that are 5 times more expensive, but probably not as friendly as this one:)

Room Tip: A studio room is small but good enough for 1-2 people, especially if you don't plan on spending...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elenabeau
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Premiere for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were there for a week and had a great stay. This hotel is clean and very well kept. The owners and helpers are all great people and want to make sure you are very well taken care of. If I was going back to the area this is where I would stay. It is within walking distance of alot and the beach is right across the street.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have all good this to report about this hotel. Best part is how friendly the family-staff are. They worked to accommodate me when my plans changed at the last minute at a very busy season - Christmas and New Year. Next best is how clean and orderly the property is kept. The room was cleaner than most 4 stars I have been in and all the amenities were in good working order. The property is safe and secure, and only one block to the beautiful white sand beach - what's not to like? Thanks Mario and family - I'll be back soon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter N
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed 12-12-11 post 3 nite cruise with 2 girlfriends. I was in charge of all the planning. Read review for this hotel and decided for the price and the 2 bedrooms/w 2 beds each room and 2 full baths this was what we needed. I cannot say enough about the personal service we received. Since we arrived too early Mario accomodated us with a temp room till our room was ready. Asked if there was a pop machine and he just gave us 3 diet cokes. He told us where we could find some shopping, restaurants and bars which were reasonably priced. After our shopping we wanted to go to the beach (right across the street), he supplied us with beach towels and beach chairs. Mario had moved all of our luggage to our reserved room and when we were going to dinner it was pouring rain and he even gave us umbrellas. I would absolutely stay at the Premiere Hotel again. Thanks Mario. Wonderful service.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank excuseme
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewers you got this one very wrong; please do not believe the great reviews about the Premiere Hotel. I am on my 25th review this year and I always look for economical hotels with basic service and a clean room for other budget friendly travelers but this place earned my first "terrible" rating. This place is a dump in addition to that the service was horrific, Mario (front desk) yelled at me in front of other guest.

Parking--the parking lot is under the building and there is a very tight squeeze to get in and out for the parking deck. Lucky for me I had a compact rental car but it still was a challenge, I watched a lady in a van trying to maneuver her way out without scraping her car for 5-7 minutes. Also there was times when there was no parking because all the slots were full and it was difficult to distinguish which was the entrance and exit to the parking deck.

Lobby/Front desk--clutter central with papers on the check-in counter, friends of the staff sitting around chatting, guest using the computers, and a messy video library.

Elevators--obviously not working being there was trash and paint supplies stored in front of them, see attached photo.

The A/C units--above each room makeshift catch pans with thin rusted wire is a safety hazard, see attached photo. Actually OSHA should really visit this place there were several safety hazards. The AC unit on the inside of the room was covered in the thickest dust I have ever seen, see attached photo. If you have allergies like I do this will be a huge issue for you and if you don’t it is still horrbile to look at.

The Room--old mattress that has seen better and cleaner days, yes I pulled the sheets back to inspect and it was nasty. The bed spread wasn’t any better, it was stained with something red (see attached picture) I was scared to even think what it could have been. Needless to say, I wasn't comfortable sleeping in this bed. The chair had dirty handprints as if someone was eating something and then touch the bright yellow chair. The walls were dirty, especially the areas where people frequently touch such as to open and close the bathroom door. The TV had lots of Spanish speaking channels and did this strange thing where it would lose signal about 3 times a day. I told Fred (hotel Manager) about this and he showed me how to fix the problem by changing the input on the side of the TV. The problem was I would have to get up and do this about 2 or 3 times a day. Also the volume would come in and out on and very frequently.

Bathroom--the window didn't close completely so there was a lot of noise coming from another hotel directly behind my room during the late hours. Pink and green tile nightmare, I would say it needed updating but I think that’s obvious. The rusty and really small tub, yuck! And the worst was no hot water, well there was some but not enough for two people and I noticed this on day one, and day two, and the morning of day 3...and this is when my stay goes from bad to worst.

So after dealing with all of this for 3 days, I decided to ask if I could check out a day early mostly because of the lack of hot water, TV volume, and signal issue, and the uncomfy dirty bed. When I went to the desk to ask Mario he said I would have to wait until Fred came in which would be within the next hour. Obviously Mario was not equipped t deal with such difficult situations. About an hour later Mario calls me and said Fred isn't coming in because he was out too late last night and all he could do was offer me another room since I was a prepaid guest and they would not issue a refund for a night that I wasn't going to stay there. Mario came upstairs and showed me another room and I explained to him I thought that I would have the same issues in the other room especially the lack of hot water problem. But I don't think he understood me (language barrier, I speak English and he tried) and referred me back to Fred. So Fred showed up an hour later and I went to the desk to talk to him. I kept my voice very low while talking to Fred about the issues I was experiencing since there were about 5 other people in the lobby and I didn't want to alarm anyone about my experience. The next thing I know Mario is interrupting the conversation and yelling at me in front of other guest. He aggressively pointed his fingers and shouted there is nothing wrong with the room, and I was complaining. This went on and on for about 5 minutes. I couldn't even get a word in with Fred to determine a solution to the many problems I was having. Fred finally asked Mario to leave and then he handed me a room key to another room. At this point I was so embarrassed by the incident and I was very upset that a member of the hotel staff was raising their voice and telling me I had an ulterior motive and my complaints were not valid. I immediately returned to my room to pack my things and get the heck out of there within 5 minutes of the incident. I was so upset that the staff would talk to me in such a nasty, negative, and aggressive manor all because I pointed out major issues with their hotel. There was no way I was spending one more night in that situation. After leaving the property, I the called the hotel and talked to Fred about the incident because I how no one should ever be treated like that especially in front of other guest. He admitted that Mario raised his voice and acted aggressively to me but that it was okay because I rolled my eyes at him when he kept interrupting me as I was trying to talk to the very person he told me to talk to. He offered no apologies, no refund for me not staying there that night, nothing at all. I can't say I apologize for rolling my eyes under the circumstance nor will I. This hotel should apologize for the conditions of this hotel and the unfair treatment that I was subjected to. I have already reported the safety issues to OSHA, Department of Health is next, and I am also filing a claim with my credit card company. These people don’t deserve a single penny of my money. If you never listen to any review I write listen to this. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HORRIBLE PLACE!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends