“Severely over-rated on TripAdvisor !!!!!!!!”
Review of Premiere Hotel

Premiere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Seattle
“Severely over-rated on TripAdvisor !!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I was supposed to meet a friend here, and I booked this reservation on reviews on this website alone. Woah! I was so embarrassed when my friend arrived to meet me, I was cringing. At $125 per night, I felt totally deceived to be staying in a hotel with stains on the bed-spread, seriously shabby furniture, and a mysterious problem: you will not be able to log on to Trip Advisor once connected to wi-fi. I asked the front desk why TripAdvisor specifically, and was told that too many favorable reviews came--from the hotel itself--and that their router was blocked. My suggestion is that you check Yelp and other websites for review accuracy--apparently this problem is rampant here.

6 Thank Susiefr0mSeattle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My wife and I travel to Fort Lauderdale a couple of times a year. We always stay at the
Priemiere Hotel now. The owners Mario and his son Fred are extremely friendly and
hostpitable. We stayed in their ketchenette which is very clean and has a full kitchen
which is very convenient for breakfast etc. The beach is less than one block away.
Restaurants, bars and shopping are within a few blocks of the Priemiere. The hotel
rates are very reasonable. I highly recommend the Priemiere hotel to any traveller. Thanks Mario and Fred for a great stay.

Boynton Beach, FL
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My husband and I randomly stayed at Premiere Hotel for one night just so we could be close to our race start Sunday morning, but we ended up really enjoying our stay. A one minute walk from the ocean (and just a couple minutes walking to reach several restaurants, shops, etc on the beach), it would be a great place to stay for a longer beach vacation with family or friends.
Although we had our concerns when we first walked up to the hotel, as it looks quite dated from the outside, we were happy when we saw the room. It was very big and everything was clean. The room was basically a studio apartment, complete with a full kitchen (new full-size fridge & stove).
We especially enjoyed borrowing a bike so my husband could ride along while I ran a race. We had to get it the night before because the race started early, but that wasn't a problem at all...Mario was very friendly and accommodating. Something about Mario, borrowing a bike and walking to nearby restaurants and convenience stores made us feel like we were in the outskirts of a little seaside European town, even though we were only an hour away from home.
If you are a picky traveler who likes everything brand new and cares if the counter in the bathroom is granite, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a laid back place, close to the beach with a comfortable feel, a welcoming pool, a short walk to restaurants and all the necessities so you can stay in and prepare some of your own meals instead of going out to eat for every meal, this is a great place to stay!
We would definitely go back for a mini beach get-away!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed at the Premiere Hotel for 4 nights in February 2011. I chose this hotel because of the positive reviews, the location and because it looked like good value. The Premiere had everything I needed and more. It was very quiet and only half a block to the beach. The room had two double beds, a kitchenette, a large flat screen TV and was very clean and spacious. The wireless internet was very fast and was available in the room and by the pool. The surrounding area was very safe and quiet. The beach was just across the street and there were lots of great restaurants and bars within walking distance. The owner of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I was lucky to stumble upon such a great hotel for such a great price. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I booked through a travel website and evidently entered an incorrect credit card number, and my reservation was canceled. I was not aware of this until I arrived. We were only able to stay one night. The hotel was booked.

Mario went out of his way to help us, recommending other places to stay. He offered us all the amenities of the hotel during our entire stay in Fort Lauderdale.

These are really fine people. My next trip to Fort Lauderdale will include a stay at the Premiere!

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Stayed at the Premier Hotel for a long weekend away with the "girls." Great older but clean budget hotel with updated flat screen tv's. The office has a library of movies to check out (if you find time for one). We could see the ocean from our hotel. We were in walking distance to shopping and restaurants and felt comfortable walking at night. The trolley stops right in front of the hotel. The Water Taxi in easy walking distance. Cannot say enough about the proprietor Mario. He was very helpful and friendly. We were on the 3rd floor. Two of us just got off of a cruise and two of us drove from the west coast of Florida. Needless to say 4 women have A LOT of luggage. Mario and his staff carried all of our "stuff" upstairs to the 3rd floor and brought it back down when it was time to leave. He gave us a late check out without a charge. Free parking and wifi were a big bonus. Mario even parked our car for us and retrieved it when we were ready to go out. If we find ourselves back in Fort Lauderdale I would denfinately stay there again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2011

The Premiere is a great place to stay if you're looking for value, location, and a welcoming atmosphere. The rooms are basic -- this is a simple no-frills place -- but extremely comfortable, clean, and quiet. My partner and I stayed in a room with two queen beds and a kitchenette for a very good price. The refrigerator and stove were clean and well maintained and there were table settings and pots and pans. The room was cleaned and new towels were provided every day and there was a nice-sized flat screen tv in the room as well as a dvd player. The hotel is located 1/2 a block from the main drag in Ft. Lauderdale where all the big hotels are and where the beach is! Lots of walking, shopping, beach activities, etc. The hotel owners are friendly and available and eager to help with lost toiletries, reservations, cabs, etc. Plus the office has a great collection of movies available to guests. I'd go back to The Premiere in a second...