“Great location, very nice family”
Review of Premiere Hotel

Premiere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Great location, very nice family”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I had made a mistake on my prepaid reservation and Mario not only honored the change date, but made arrangements at a nearby hotel for a day that he was full. He and his family do everything possible to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 February 2011

The hotel is clean, close to the ocean, and friendly staff. Very affordable for the location. The pillows are kind of flat. There is no coke machine in the building but there is one in the hotel next door. If you have a car there is a fridge and oven. There is a store that is close but it would be hard to carry a bunch of groceries. It is older but is very comfortable and quiet but also walking distance to food and shops. The ocean is right across the street. I will be back to this hotel if I visit Ft Lauderdale again. The bathroom is ugly but very clean. Nice tv. We were told it was a heated pool but the ocean was warmer.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I was supposed to meet a friend here, and I booked this reservation on reviews on this website alone. Woah! I was so embarrassed when my friend arrived to meet me, I was cringing. At $125 per night, I felt totally deceived to be staying in a hotel with stains on the bed-spread, seriously shabby furniture, and a mysterious problem: you will not be able to log on to Trip Advisor once connected to wi-fi. I asked the front desk why TripAdvisor specifically, and was told that too many favorable reviews came--from the hotel itself--and that their router was blocked. My suggestion is that you check Yelp and other websites for review accuracy--apparently this problem is rampant here.

6 Thank Susiefr0mSeattle
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My wife and I travel to Fort Lauderdale a couple of times a year. We always stay at the
Priemiere Hotel now. The owners Mario and his son Fred are extremely friendly and
hostpitable. We stayed in their ketchenette which is very clean and has a full kitchen
which is very convenient for breakfast etc. The beach is less than one block away.
Restaurants, bars and shopping are within a few blocks of the Priemiere. The hotel
rates are very reasonable. I highly recommend the Priemiere hotel to any traveller. Thanks Mario and Fred for a great stay.

Boynton Beach, FL
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My husband and I randomly stayed at Premiere Hotel for one night just so we could be close to our race start Sunday morning, but we ended up really enjoying our stay. A one minute walk from the ocean (and just a couple minutes walking to reach several restaurants, shops, etc on the beach), it would be a great place to stay for a longer beach vacation with family or friends.
Although we had our concerns when we first walked up to the hotel, as it looks quite dated from the outside, we were happy when we saw the room. It was very big and everything was clean. The room was basically a studio apartment, complete with a full kitchen (new full-size fridge & stove).
We especially enjoyed borrowing a bike so my husband could ride along while I ran a race. We had to get it the night before because the race started early, but that wasn't a problem at all...Mario was very friendly and accommodating. Something about Mario, borrowing a bike and walking to nearby restaurants and convenience stores made us feel like we were in the outskirts of a little seaside European town, even though we were only an hour away from home.
If you are a picky traveler who likes everything brand new and cares if the counter in the bathroom is granite, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a laid back place, close to the beach with a comfortable feel, a welcoming pool, a short walk to restaurants and all the necessities so you can stay in and prepare some of your own meals instead of going out to eat for every meal, this is a great place to stay!
We would definitely go back for a mini beach get-away!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed at the Premiere Hotel for 4 nights in February 2011. I chose this hotel because of the positive reviews, the location and because it looked like good value. The Premiere had everything I needed and more. It was very quiet and only half a block to the beach. The room had two double beds, a kitchenette, a large flat screen TV and was very clean and spacious. The wireless internet was very fast and was available in the room and by the pool. The surrounding area was very safe and quiet. The beach was just across the street and there were lots of great restaurants and bars within walking distance. The owner of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I was lucky to stumble upon such a great hotel for such a great price. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I booked through a travel website and evidently entered an incorrect credit card number, and my reservation was canceled. I was not aware of this until I arrived. We were only able to stay one night. The hotel was booked.

Mario went out of his way to help us, recommending other places to stay. He offered us all the amenities of the hotel during our entire stay in Fort Lauderdale.

These are really fine people. My next trip to Fort Lauderdale will include a stay at the Premiere!