“AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE GREAT TIME”

The Victoria Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is amazing. First let me say upon check in we were greeted by Michael and Billy. They greeted us as is we were old friends, excited to see us, smiling unbelievable service!!! We had four rooms booked here. It was a big family get together because unbeknownst to me my boyfriend had set up a proposal. Let me backtrack to tell you they pay attention to details, took our luggage to the room got ice for us expected nothing in return. Rooms were spotless and wonderful!! After the big proposal again they went out of their way to beautifully decorate the room for us with rose petals and towel swans..breathtaking. I really cannot say enough or thank them enough!! I have never experienced such an incredible place!! Needless to say we will be back..you cannot go wrong here. BTW great location as well!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank tess0507
NorthBeachVillage, Manager at The Victoria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of The Victoria Park Hotel. I have to tell you that the entire staff enjoyed your stay just as much as you did! When we overheard your new fiancé tell his friend that he was planning to "pop the question" we couldn't help but get in on the plan! Everyone was very happy and excited for both of you and we want you to come back and visit us soon. Please keep in touch with us because we miss you already. Paul

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My fiance and I come to Fort Lauderdale frequently for business. We drive 12 hours and tend to get in town late, which often leads to a big hassle trying to check in to hotels which we book on expedia. We got to Victoria Park hotel at 2am, called the number, and it turned out they already had everything ready for us, no fuss, easiest check in ever!

We planned to only stay one night, but once we saw this gorgeous little gem of a place, we decided to stay another night. We lucked out and got the honeymoon suite, which had its own private courtyard right next door, with lounge chairs and a table with umbrella. Completely private and peaceful. The room also had a jetted Jacuzzi tub, perfect after a day at the beach. Our room was clean, bright, had new furnishings, and very classy! There were windows on all sides and it did have a kitchenette.

The courtyard was beautiful and peaceful, like a little secret garden with a small pool and spa and tons of little tables and chairs to enjoy the atmosphere. It is recently under new management and remodeled. It has the feeling and style of classy, old Florida.

The staff was honestly amazing. The gentlemen in the office went above and beyond to be helpful and accommodating. We had to leave at an ungodly hour of the morning, before the continental breakfast would be out. When we told them of this, they filled our hands with muffins and juice so we didn't have to leave hungry!

We were within walking distance to Fort Lauderdale beach and bars, but there is also a 'green shuttle' type golf cart thing, which was recommended by the staff, costs only $3 and picks you up and drops you off anywhere in the area upon request. Great way to get to the beach. Oh, and the hotel has beach chairs available to take along to the beach.

All in all, great experience! Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Christine W

Christine, Thank you for writing such an amazing review of The Victoria Park Hotel. We are glad that you had such an amazing experience at our property and that you and your fiancé loved the place so much that you stayed an extra day. I love the way you describe the property as "classy, old Florida because that is exactly the look and feel we were going for when we remodeled. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Florida…. We will leave the light on for you! Paul

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed there to celebrate my first anyversary with my boyfriend. Everything was perfect, its clean, its cozy. Rooms are quite spacious and nice, pool and hot tub were great. I want to thank the incredible staff specially Billy, Mike and Paul who helped me plan my celebration. I will definitely go back. AMAZING FIND! THANK YOU!

4  Thank Maria Gabriela S
NorthBeachVillage, Manager at The Victoria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Maria, You are very welcome! Thank you for honoring us with the pleasure of your company on your first anniversary! Billy, Mike will be very happy that you mentioned them by name and I will read your review to our entire staff at our next meeting. Please come back and stay with us again on your second anniversary. Paul

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I found this hotel last minute as I was looking for a nice place to stay in Fort.Lauderdale. They were offering a King Corner Suite at a great price. I booked it and was so glad I did. We checked in a little later than 3, Billy wanted to ensure that our room was up to his standards as they were coming off a busy holiday weekend. He double checked for us before we saw the room and when we did, we were impressed. Large bed, nice kitchen area with coffee pot and microwave, shower, nice closet and safe area. A comfy lounging couch and plenty of room. The floors are tile and well maintained.
There is a pool (unfortunately we did not have time to utilize it) but it looked nice. Billy was great offering us drinks and ensuring we had access to all the needed combinations and emergency contact numbers.
The location is not on the beach and there is not much around but a very short car ride will land you right on the beach area and all the fun one could want.
My only minor areas of improvement would be small cosmetic things. The bathroom door was very squeaky, perhaps a little WD40 would do the trick, the counter was broken in the bathroom, the side window had a small crack in it, no matter really. There were no outlets by the nightstand which left my phone and alarm plugged in across the room and the housekeeper forgot to leave coffee packets one night (I just tracked her down and got more).
None of these things would be enough to keep us from returning, which we plan to do next time we visit Fort Lauderdale. I absolutely loved this hotel.Great work by the staff and owners!

Room Tip: The King Corner suite was fabulous for privacy and relaxing.
3  Thank Jenny E
NorthBeachVillage, Manager at The Victoria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Jenny, Thank you very much for your extensive review of the Victoria Park Hotel. Billy was very excited to read his name and have it associated with such great customer service. You made his day! Today we went into room 117 with a can of WD-40 and fixed that squeaky door. Paul is also fixing the cosmetic counter stand in the bathroom that is off level and we are ordering a replacement window on Monday. Thank you very much for bringing these few items to our attention and making us even better! Paul

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Victoria Park Hotel for three nights and I could not be happier with my stay. Spacious rooms, great location, pool and hot tub. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They are helpful, courteous and very friendly. Also, don't miss wonderful restaurants in walking distance: Tipico to name one.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Glennchi60640
NorthBeachVillage, Manager at The Victoria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a glowing review! The restaurants around here are amazing and there are over 50 in walking distance. Today we had lunch at Tipico's and it is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. It is very authentic - I like to mix the mild sauce with the hot sauce to make the perfect sauce for me. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Victoria Park Hotel has set the standard for how a hotel should cater to it's guests. From the moment you step foot into the adorable, amazingly clean lobby/bar, you're greeted by the most customer friendly staff you'll ever encounter. You can't beat the summer pricing either! Billy was the quintessential gentleman during his 'tour' of the property and my room. The King Suite is exquisite, with a kitchenette, a private courtyard and whirlpool tub. The cleanliness of the room and the entire property is a breath of fresh air. Each night of our stay, the hotel held a Complimentary Cocktail Party with wonderful wine, beer and food, plus a continental breakfast every morning. The manager and staff are personable, professional and go above and beyond to ensure your stay is the best it can be. I used to be a Ritz Carlton Snob while visiting Fort Lauderdale, but never again... We will be supporting a locally owned hotel from now until forever. Thanks guys, it was awesome!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are roomy, but the King Suite is amazing.
5  Thank 250KP
NorthBeachVillage, Manager at The Victoria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for your incredible review of The Victoria Park Hotel. Words cannot express how overjoyed the entire staff was today after we read all of the kind things you said about us…. Your headline was hysterical and we all loved every word. I must admit that I used to be a bit of a brand snob too. I always chose the best five star hotel whenever I traveled and then I discovered boutique hotels and realized that they are twice the experience for half the price leaving room in my budget for something even better….. great seafood, steaks and adventures that I would have never known about had I stayed locked in at a big box hotel. Please come and visit us again soon! Paul

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This little lodging is unique and full of awesomeness. The staff is simply the best, the location is excellent, walking distance (15 minutes) to the beach front and everything in between could not be any better. Would happily recommend!

2  Thank Hassan H
NorthBeachVillage, Manager at The Victoria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you very much for your "awesomeness" in writing us this great review! We strive to provide a unique boutique experience and it feels great when we receive positive reviews from our guests. We definitely have a great location and we are happy that you will recommend us to your friends.