“Fantastic staff made our stay memorable”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
Ranked #75 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic staff made our stay memorable”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

From start to the finish of our fort nights stay at this hotel was a pleasure. Extended stays may be classed as the cheaper end of the market compared to the ocean front properties in Fort Lauderdale however this hotel was everything we needed, clean, quiet even with the railroad and highways close by, nice pool, large room with kitchen and plenty of wardrobe space, great air con, free wifi which was fantastic, complimentary morning breakfast which consisted of tea, coffee, muffins, fruit, porridge and muesli bars. All the staff were absolutely fantastic and even tho we didn't need them often when we did the service was exceptional. We chose the hotel for the closeness to both the I95 and the train station which we used several times to see other areas at a very low price compared to uk train travel. The free car parking was also worth it's weight in gold, we stayed at the hilton on the beach last visit and the valet parking you had to have was $35 per day/night. This hotel may not be beach front but the nearest beach was 3.9 miles away at lauderdale by the sea so within ten minutes your on the loveliest beach. Some people commented on the lack of cleaning or that you have to pay extra however if your out all day then who needs extra cleaning, and if you need clean towels just ask the reception, the charge is for housekeeping in the room not for any items you want changing. Some people obviously are fussy but then why book a budget price hotel it's not the hilton but then again the staff here were far more helpful and pleasant compared to there so it depends what you want. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have a car it is perfect for all amenities, and if like me you have been out all day driving and you want a beer at night then across the main road, a ten minute walk you have several eating places, shops and most are open late. If you want to stay in then the room had a recliner chair, desk and chair and a large flat screen tv, so beers in the fridge and it's home from home if you choose to chill out after a day of exploring. We were on floor 2 of 3 and had absolutely no noise issues as all rooms are carpeted and hallways too so no chairs squeeking on tiled floors etc. there is a gym of sorts for anyone if they want to work off all those large steaks and a couple of laundry rooms.The supermarkets and other shops are a ten minute drive if that so stock up when you arrive in the very large fridge freezer if you need to. If you don't have a car and your just looking for beach you need to be on ocean drive as taxis in Fort Lauderdale are extremely expensive as they charge by time on the meter I would strongly avoid them hence why we had the car for the whole fortnight this time, the cab drivers had very little knowledge and we found most to be ignorant and drive slowly pumping up the price, we travelled from the hilton to galleria mall which is probably 2/3 miles and it never came under $8 and one cab was $12 due to the wait on the bridge, we were going on a cruise so got a taxi there, perhaps 15 minutes it took normally but due to the bridge and traffic by the time the taxi arrive he had clocked up $42, on arrival this time we did the journey by car and it was 6 miles away. All in all this hotel was perfect for our needs, clean and friendly and if your fussy go pay $170 a night more and stay at the hilton with a charge for parking you car on top of that but at least you will have your sheets changed every other day or just have a bath / shower Every day then who needs the sheets changing , depends what you want and how clean you actually are, do you change your bedding every other day at home I don't think so!

Room Tip: We had room 205 second floor overlooking station and university , no noise or not near lift or stai...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margo T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much writing such a positive review about our hotel. I am so glad that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I am also pleased to hear we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet, comfortable stay complete with all the amenities you needed at an affordable rate. Our staff is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Decent for the price, though it is a bit out of the way of everything else. The room was alright, not very spacious but again 'decent for the price'. No actual complaints or horror stories, and we would stay here again if we needed to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you appreciated our affordable rates, and that you would stay with us again. The staff and I thank you again. We would love to welcome you back in the future, should you return to the area.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff is awesome!
Loved the kitchenette with utensils, cups, plates, bowls, pots and pans, all you need to make food in your suite. Our room was 302 on the top level with two big windows; one overlooking the pool. It rained for 3 of the 5 days we were there and our suite was large enough to stay in for those days. There is not too much around as far as stores go, a gas station, small pharmacy but lots of restaurants. If you don't have a car there are options to get around. You can take a train from the airports to this hotel without taking a $50 cab ride like we did. Ask around at the airport on how to catch the shuttle to the train station. Once at the hotel a free shuttle can take you to Wal-Mart and a few other stores, just ask the front desk as the hotel is very close to a train station where the shuttles are. You can take the tri-rail to Miami too like we did, very cheap. Breakfast was basic but suited and met our needs.
Over-all, great value for the price!

Room Tip: If you don't like your room just ask for another one. It took 2 rooms before we found one we li...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our great staff, your fully equipped kitchen and our shuttle service during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast and your spacious room met your needs. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another comfortable experience in the future.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

One of the best hotels I've stayed in, I love the little Kitchenette it comes with. Nothing bad to say other than that housekeeping is an extra charge but I generally don't let them in my room anyways.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that you loved your fully equipped kitchen. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

TV is oddly located in the room, you have to move the table it’s on to be able to see TV from bed. Breakfast is only muffins, coffee, and some snacks like apples and bananas (EXTREMELY BASIC). The bathroom did not have shampoo or conditional or bar soap, you have to go to front desk and request it.

Entrance into location is odd with 2 automatic doors and a coach where people wait to be served; I hit the girl sitting on the chair because I was walking in with 6 bags.

When we walked into the lobby, staff was helping a couple that needed a room to stay for the night, they were quoted a lower rate than what I paid booking the room a week+ earlier (this could be an issue with Hotels.com, but I didn’t like the fact that I pre-planned and paid more than someone who didn’t).

The hotel says NO SMOKING but the hallways smell like smoke or that it used be a smoking hotel at one-point-in-time.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

Checked In Saturday, March 15, 2014
Check out Date Sunday, March 16, 2014
Hotels.com Confirmation No.115953705896

Room Tip: Avoid The 1st Floor By The Enterance Of The Hallway, You Hear People Walking In/Out All Night. (Didn...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roby G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with the setup of your TV and our lobby. As well, I am sorry to hear that you found our hallways to smell like smoke. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please feel free to contact me directly, at flc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

For the price, the room was very nice and all of the staff of nothing but helpful with whatever I needed. Including when I needed my hockey tickets printed they allowed me to email it to them and they printed them at the front desk for me, rather than me tracking down a public library to use their printer.

Grab and go breakfast is just muffins, fruit, and coffee, but if their mindset is a "grab and go" breakfast, than its perfect. They didn't care if you grabbed a couple muffins either.

And at least there was hot water and good water pressure here, that's more than I can say for the 4 star hotel in Orlando I'm currently staying at that costs 4 times the price.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you so much for the glowing review of our hotel. The staff and I truly appreciate your kind words about our level of customer service and clean rooms at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Not able to find anything on my own, so went through Expedia and booked reservations through them. My check-in time was at 3 and arrived early. Was assisted by employee who was very helpful. For the price that was paid, it was okay for the short time that I was there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Helen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the service our staff provided to be friendly and that you enjoyed your room. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#97 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#94 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West
TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdal...
#77 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft...
#48 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#72 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Property: Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
Address: 6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309-6153 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #75 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale