“L*U*X*U*R*Y in Ft. Lauderdale”

The Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Oh what a great surprise. This was a one night post-cruise stay and I so wish it would have been longer. We had two rooms booked, one with twin beds for our adult sons and a room right next door. All rooms are clustered around the pool with a partial intercostal water view of million dollar homes. They were kind enough to let us check in to one of the rooms quite early and the second a few hours later. This was great as we only had a short time until our return flight. Check in was a breeze with the offer of a nice glass of wine. The rooms were spotless, beautiful and the bed was soooo comfortable. This is a biggie for me as I have lots of back issues, but I slept great at the Pillars. The TV had so many channels I never made it through my nightly channel surf and the bathroom had a fabulous shower, great water pressure, and high end necessities.

The food was the best I've had in Ft. Lauderdale. Because there were four of us we had a chance to sample many things on the menu and everything was creative and prepared to perfection. Having dinner, waterside, really made for a wonderfully relaxing dinner. We also had a great breakfast on the dock the next morning.

This place was quiet, except for two things. I so wanted to sleep in but at about 7:15 in the morning and i heard "clomp, clomp, clomp". We were on the lower level and an employee was walking around in clogs on the cement hallway above. I managed to close my eyes for a few minutes and "beep, beep, beep" a construction truck from next door put an end to any more vacation sleep. The truck did not reappear all morning and I'm thinking of gifting a pair of tennis shoes to the employee so both noises were situational and not a permanent part of this hotel.

On check in I did ask about setting up a massage and they were able to procure Natasha for the next day. Oh my gosh, this woman has a gift. Again with the mention of the bad back only because this back was no longer bad once she got ahold of it. My measure of a good therapist is not how much pressure they use, but their intuitiveness as to how to treat a client with medical issues. Natasha knew exactly what she was doing and the hotel knew exactly what they were doing when they booked her. Perfection.

I would love to stay no where else on my bi-yearly trips to Ft. Lauderdale, but alas, this place is intimately small and room availability is limited. I tried to book something for next December, unsuccessfully, because they are already to capacity on my dates. I guess this just means I'll have to plan a few more weekend get aways for hubby and I because as far as I am concerned, the Pillars is the perfect place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank P H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had two fantastic days in this very romantic hotel. We will reconmand it to all romantics. The rooms were perfect. The hosptallity vere great! Its location was perfect at the canal not far from las Olas.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A very pleasant stay before boarding our cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Nice welcome at reception despite a late evening arrival. Well appointed room although a bit small but with a sitting area in front. All rooms are overlooking the pool. An excellent breakfast every morning, served at the table but in unlimited quantity.
Very fast and friendly room service. We didn't use the restaurant for dinner as I am a smoker and could only smoke in front of the room.
A at the end a short distance to the cruise terminal which we reached in less than fifteen minutes.

Room Tip: All the rooms are facing the pool but would suggest the ones on the first floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful boutique hotel; very personal experience! Service was first rate! I would definitely stay there again! The location is prime, next time I will be sure to take advantage of the private water taxi stop with direct access to Las Olas. Great restaurants around as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leahrose242
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great small hotel.
Great staff.
A little disappointed.
I booked out a room deal on Pillars website, where if available they upgrade room grade on space availablity.
I forgot until after I had left, having had the smallest, least favorable room, looking into the street and trees. Did not get offered this upgrade, and I know the hotel was empty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Short Answer: Loved it! Wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Lauderdale.

Details: The Pillars is a peaceful oasis just a short walk from the bustling and swimmable Lauderdale beach. It is a small, elegant yet comfortable, top of the line establishment situated on a wealthy section of intercostal that is fun to watch in its own right. We were treated to a wonderful room that exceeded our expectations. Even though it was a holiday weekend most of the time we felt it was our private home. The restaurant’s waterfront meal was excellent. Outstanding experience overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to agree with the latest reviewers. My wife and I were there for one night before having to fly home from Miami after having spent a vacation staying at friends further North.
A beautiful very well taken care boutique Inn-style hotel which has earned it high rank on tripadvisor. Great rather quiet location just minutes away from the bustle of Las Olas, a very clean room right off the pool courtyard. Relaxed on very comfortable pool furniture. Pleasant staff that offered us a cool drink while waiting for our room to be ready for us (we were there a little early) and also let us check out a little later than house policy. Enjoyed an (average) breakfast on the above-average deck right on the water. It's good to see a hotel like this which some might consider "old-fashioned" get such great reviews. Definitely deserved but also not the cheapest place we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple