“Best meal we had on vacation”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #4 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$45 - US$75
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to La Dolce Vita. Located in the center of Fort Lauderdale's historic shopping and arts district, La Dolce Vita serves up Fort Lauderdale's finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At La Dolce Vita, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use frozen ingredients, our home made pasta make us unique in every dish we prepare at La Dolce Vita. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our delicious menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Found this place on Trip Advisor, highly rated, good reviews. And you know how much we like Italian. Situated on a quite tree-lined street amongst other quaint shops and restaurants. We made a reservation for outdoor seating, a nice option in Florida. We were greeted at the door with a smile and friendly handshake and seated immediately. It was clear that this place was run by true Italians as most of the staff spoke it to each other. Our service was excellent and the food was the best we had while on vacation in Pompano Beach. I had the Zuppa Di Pesce with plenty of fresh local seafood and flavor. My wife had the Branzino (Mediterranean Sea Bass) grilled whole and prepared table side, she thought it was delicious. My daughter had the Gnocchi sorrentina which she easily finished, so I guess it was good. We enjoyed a nice Italian Pinot Grigio and finished it off with Tiramisu and espresso. A great Italian dining experience!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really nice little spot. Dining inside and outside. Waiter was awesome. No rush on the dinner. Definitely go back!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

After sampling some excellent seafood houses in the area, we were hungry for something different. La Dolce Vita was the perfect choice. Located in a somewhat decaying area call north beach shores, this place stands out as truly exceptional. The outside dining on white linens was classy and authentic. We began with a delicious bottle of Italian pinot noir wine ($40), followed by the BEST fresh buffalo mozzarella, greens and tomatoes I have every had. Main course was a pasta special and the evening special South American fish with artichoke stuffing. Both were filled with flavor and cooked to perfection. While we never do dessert, we were tempted by the panna cotta and thank goodness we did. All in all, this was the BEST meal we had in our 8 day stay in the Ft Lauderdale area. It was also affordable and fresh.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

After driving on A1A looking for a place to eat we turned off the main road and in this small strip plaza we found the best restaurant in ALL of Ft. Lauderdale.
The atmosphere...I found myself back in New York in the finer Italians restaurants
The greeting...we didn't realize it, till later, that the owner himself greeted us
The service...friendly, knowledgable and excellent
The appetizer...mussels in a bread soaking lite red broth, melted in our mouths
The entrees...a veal chop, like no other veal chop. Tender, moist, cooked to perfection in a black truffle oil. My wife's a seafood bowl...OMG, I'm getting hungry writing this.
The wine pairing...the suggestions were right on the mark. In fact, when we arrived home my wife insisted in find the Moscato.
The desert...a light creamy creme brulee and an Italian pasty with a sweet cream and vanilla bean ice cream.
The experience...if you visit Ft. Lauderdale, don't miss the beach and while you are there, DON'T miss eating at this little Italian restaurant.
I look forward to my next trip and the BRANZINO ALLA GRIGLIA
The best...Joe & Deb

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I ate here recently during a visit to Fort Lauderdale and found it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The welcome, food and service couples with the ambiance and feel-good factor really does come through. We had two delicious pasta dishes with desert and a well priced bottle of wine and I cannot speak to highly of the quality and taste we experienced.

Do try this restaurant if you are in the area - an authentic Italian restaurant with first class food and service.

1  Thank Steelstrings