“a good place for relaxing”
Review of Diamante Day Spa - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Diamante Day Spa
Reviewed 25 December 2013

we were in Ft. Lauderdale on a week long vacation with our toddler, which doesn't help the relaxation part too much, hehehe.
I searched online for a few places that offered massages in the Fort Lauderdale area and I decided to go for Diamante. very accommodating, got an appointment for the same day for a package that included hot tub soaking, massage and facial. I'm not into the whole pampering thing, but the massage alone was worth it. Therapists were good at picking up our "vibe" and were not chatty after a couple of attempts at talking, we just wanted to relax and enjoy. my girl actually fell asleep during her facial, and was very happy with the overall experience. she's a makeup artist and has knowledge of this kind of things, so for her to be raving about the place it means it was very good. The entire staff was very courteous, always smiling and seemed genuinely concerned with making us feel comfortable. all in all a great experience, I would definitely recommend this place for a little bit of relaxation, whether you have a couple of hours to spend, or need a quick fix in your lunch time. It's conveniently located close to the beach, and some of the therapists work at the nearby Westin as well, which should tell you how good they are.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I visited Diamante Day Spa for a Zen Bath, 80min Massage and Facial. Being in the Spa/Salon industry myself I always try to add a Spa Day to every vacation. I'm not a "Spa Snob" by any means and I know that no matter what the place looks like or how expensive the services are it doesn't guarantee the quality of the service. It was the type of place that I would go for spa services if I lived in the area.

If you're looking for all the spa amenities - steam room, dry sauna, sun deck, rain shower room are must haves for a spa day keep looking. I felt the prices were fair to high for the amenities the spa itself had to offer. We did the Zen Bath before our services began. This is a nice way to relax and loosen up your muscles before a massage. Nothing really special about the bath itself- just a 2 person hot tub- it smelled slightly chlorinated, some aroma therapy would've been nice. I've done thalasso therapy baths before and those are worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned, this was relaxing, but not as therapeutic as I hoped. We had massages with Juliet & April as our massage therapists. My husband said that April did an excellent job with his massage. Likewise, I thought Juliet was born with magic hands and had an excellent massage! My only complaint for management would be to dump the XM radio! Nothing ruins the flow of a massage like some woman's voice saying "XM Spa" during your massage, not to mention the selection of music was just odd- at one point there was half of a song that had a baby crying- not relaxing at all.

My husband didn't have much to say about his facial other than it was strange, he's only had one other facial to compare it. I was NOT impressed with my facial either and I've had to many to count. All the components of the facial were there, cleansing, toning, skin analysis, extractions, mask, scalp, neck and face massage but everything about the facial room was awkward. The facial bed/chair was the smallest I've ever sat in, my feet were hitting the wall- I'm 5'10. The chair felt like it was tilted to one side making me feel like I was sliding. The technician hit the wall with her chair (the wall shows the marks as well) and elbow several times...she dropped and banged around a few things as she moved around leading me to believe that the facial room was just to small for that treatment. I felt bad for the technician having to work in that cramped space and it did lessen my experience as a client. It was not as relaxing as I'm used to and the products used didn't WOW me. Based on my experience I would suggest skipping the facial. We did not get pedicures, but the pedicure chairs are in direct sight of the front door which to someone who goes to a high end spa you don't want to be on display, privacy is nice and a must if you are going to enjoy a relaxing pedicure.

The little things: The locker room is just a bathroom with shower and 6 lockers. If you were going with several girlfriends to the spa you would be hard pressed to all get yourselves together in this little locker room. The offer body wash, shampoo and conditioner, but no lotion or hair products- not sure if there was a hairdryer. The seating area is nice and quiet, perfect between services. They had tea service in the lounge area and the aquarium was a nice visual for relaxing. The spa itself is on on the 2nd floor, not sure if there's an elevator. The strip mall that it's in has a couple places to eat, the only shopping I remember is ROSS. I thought the location was easy to get to and there is plenty of parking.

I couldn't give my review 5 stars for the overall experience, but I think if you go for a massage you will be pleased.

4  Thank Time4Scuba
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Great spa for massages! Had a couples massage for our anniversary and it was one of the best we had ever had! The spa is cozy and very clean. The employees were very accommodating. Highly recommend!

1  Thank DebraA413
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Juiiet is the one to ask for. Absolutely fantastic massage. She got all the kinks out of my back after my plane ride. The spa is calming and restorative. I am going back before my plane ride out!

1  Thank BerlinHeightsPooty