“Great place date night”

Cross street: between SE 8th and SE 9th
Humble, Texas
“Great place date night”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We loved this little place! The staff was super friendly and knew so much about the wine and cheese. We decided to pop-in to check it out but we enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed for awhile. The atmosphere was wonderful, very low key and warm. They had a live band too. Our evening was great! If you are a wine-lover, I definitely recommend stopping by!

• Visited May 2014

Cooper City, Florida, United States
“Amazing girls night and super nice staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The classes are absolutely amazing (if you can reserve a spot before they sell out!). I've attended quite a few classes and Mitchell is always quite knowledgeable and makes for a great fun experience. For those times when a class is not running, their Ultimate Grilled Cheese is to die for... especially with that delicious honey.

My girlfriends and I had a great class last night with Mitchell and Mary Allison. All of the other servers have been very knowledgeable and helpful when making selections on prior visits as well.

A great little mom and pop place right on Las Olas and a worthwhile stop for your first time, or as a local favorite!

• Visited June 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Good, but not for wine/cheese nerds.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For those who are not big wine nerds, this is a fun little place on Las Olas. Service is friendly, 'restaurant' is quaint, atmosphere is fun, BUT...wine selection very amateurish. Cheese selection is adequate, its the wine selection that falls short. Non wine snobs will not mind at all, but if you're an eonophile, you will not be impressed. I am but I still like the place becuase it's the only wine/cheese only game on Las Olas, perhaps in Ft.Lauderdale.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Over Priced and Stingy Pours”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The way they cut the Brie was all rind and not enough cheese. The cheese plates are not a good value for the price. We ordered a bottle of Prosecco, and it would have been nice if they gave us an us bucket. When we ordered wine by the glass, the pour was stingy. We weren't impressed with this place at all.

MPCheese, Owner at Cheese Culture, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Wow,

I'm sorry your experience was disappointing. You are describing an atypical visit and I would like to be able to correct it. When did you come in? Was day or night? Can you describe the server and where did you sit if you don't mind.

No ice bucket? That's just plain F-ed up. I really need to know who did that.

As to the pours, we use glasses marked at 150 ml, which is the statute pour for wine. i'm interested to know if you were shorted for some reason.

If you ordered Brie there is a possibility, that it could have been skimpy. Simply stated, Soft cheese contains more water than medium or hard cheese. As a result, portioning by weight yields less cheese in volume. Anybody making a cheese board at our shop has been instructed to double the weight on cheeses like brie, soft goats etc. However I have seen and intercepted boards that just looked skimpy. It has been an ongoing battle (and frankly I have no idea why, I buy the cheese not them).

At any rate, I hope to be able to make it up to you.

Thanks,
Mitch
Boca Raton
“Greatd Date Night!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I have been twice now for the wine and cheese pairings but we stayed for a light dinner both times. The wine and cheese nights are terrific. We have been to one red and one white night - and the combinations of wine, cheese, nuts, fruit and honey are amazing. The owner takes the time to educate you about both the wine and the cheeses. And we have really never had a wine or a cheese there that we did not like. The salads are fresh and different and the grilled cheese specials of the day are out of this world. I am planning to take my teenage daughters back for lunch because I know they would love it and being on Las Olas with them would be a fun afternoon. Friday night they had a singer who was very good. It is a fun vibe all around and we definitely recommend it.

• Visited June 2014