“Like a good book...”

Fort Lauderdale Ghost Tour
Ranked #48 of 127 Tours in Fort Lauderdale
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Our Ghost Walk is a walking tour that is a 2 to 2 1/2 hours long. John Marc Carr, your tour guide and author of the book "Haunted Fort Lauderdale", will show you and your guests to Downtown Fort Lauderdale's most haunted places. John plays EVPs of some of the ghost that haunt within these locations. Tour is about approximately 10 blocks long. Adults $20 Children $15. Available on Friday and Saturday at 8:45 p.m. Our Haunted Fire Station event is a tour inside the historical Fire Station #3. Hear stories about the haunting of Firemen and women who worked for the Fire Station. Hear EVPs and see the areas where the ghost of Robert Leland Knight haunts. Adults $20 Children $15. Available on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We found the tour entertaining, informative, and amusing. After reading some reviews , saying that it was long or boring in the beginning... like a good book, it takes a while to set the stage and define the characters. This is a ghost tour, not a haunted house venue. Bring a tape recorder and a camera and you may find after you get home that you have something worth more than the price of the ticket!

3  Thank chris g

Reviewed 18 August 2013

John is very knowledgeable and detailed regarding the colorful but tragic history of deaths on this tour. If you bring a good camera or even iPhone you will get something. We got 3 pics of the ghost Lucy in the window. This tour is definitely worth it!!

1  Thank Scottnla888
Reviewed 18 August 2013

If you want too experience some real paranormal incounters go on this tour.... Things moving,shadow figures,you experience different feels of emotion, If you want a scare for the night I would go on this tour,plus the history info you get is plenty too take home and share with family or friends you want to tell a scary story too.Bring your cameras for the pictures you take ,you might catch something that's not suppose to be there,I have been on the tour twice and both times I have captured something on film or experienced movement and even seen the shadow of a little boy,Take this tour it will make you believe in the paranormal .....

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Me and my friends thought it would be interesting but we left after the first hour. We met at the Cheesecake Factory then sat outside the iron gates of the Stranahan House for 20mins to hear about the 6 ghosts that live there. We then made our way to the bars of downtown ft lauderdale and that's where we got off. The EVP's have a lot of static and background noise. The picture our guide had of the man in the white suit is the same one on their website (I thought I'd be seeing a better shot). All in all that is $20 of my hard earned money that went right down the drain. I've been to ghost tours in many different states and by far this one is the least impressive. Don't get me wrong, John is very knowledgeable but the tour is a snoozer. Save your money for the tour "inside" the Stranahan house.

5  Thank Santita74
GhostTourGuy, Owner at Fort Lauderdale Ghost Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

We are sorry you got bored on our tour. It maybe too long for you and you might be best for our Haunted Fire Station tour where we go inside of the haunted location. We are considered as the top ghost tours of SE Florida my CBS Miami "The Best of Southeast Florida".
Again, we are sorry we didn't live up to your expectation.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband, son and I took the tour last night....we were so amazed! The history, stories and spirits that we encountered made for a wonderful night! We highly recommend this tour for anybody interested in the paranormal!
John was very informative, kept us captivated, and answered any questions (even from our 7 year old).

3  Thank Stephanie S