See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2017

The price was very good, $100 compared to over $200 -$300 hotels. It was not too far from the airport and the pier. That was good. Although, it was very small. It had a refrigerator which was nice. I had to ask for towels and toilet paper. They brought it right away which was nice. When I took a shower at night, there was no hot water, I didn't ask for help because it was 1:00 a.m. There was no phone or tissue in the room. Front Desk staff was very friendly. Check out was at 10, but let us stay until 11:15. I got worried that there was only a little window to converse with them, not a lobby to go in. I thought it was not a safe area, but they told me it was. I would not return there. It taught me to spend more $ on a hotel room.

Room Tip: None, lots of noise by cars, machines, etc. Hard to sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonnaWolf7
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We booked thru American Express points so felt it couldn't be too bad. Was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness. Reception desk even gave us two bottled waters at check-in. Very close to the airport but right off the main road so plenty of food options within a short drive

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shelia b
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Close to the airport which is a plus as we had an early morning flight to catch. Large comfy bed with nice comfortable pillows. Great for a short overnight stay. Room was clean and had free wifi what more do you need.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

This was a very good place clean warm friendly .. pools we very clean several pools .. the area had great shops dining and entertainment. We were pleasantly surprised with the attentiveness of the safe . It was like being in a high end resort with out the high end prices.. this a great place for family.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank JoanA518
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Vacation Inn is located very near the Fort Lauderdale airport (but NOT under it's flight paths!) in an industrial/commercial area with several car rental agency off-airport facilities (Fox, Sixt). It is easily found.

I arrived later in the evening, found Vacation Inn easily, was pleasantly greeted by the clerk after following the centrally located sign with arrow toward the office.

My room was not spacious, but it was very clean. It reminded me of rooms at my grandmother's house: dated furniture, small room, but spotless. It had a small 'frig, a microwave, and a large cable TV and its own closet.

The was wonderful -- clean ironed linens, comfy mattress, ample pillows: slept so well.

The bathroom was very small but quite adequate and again, very clean. Individual bar soap was provided, but no other toiletries (which is fine by me because I travel with my own and would rather not be paying for such).

The wall air-conditioner was a bit noisy but it cut the South Florida heat and humidity perfectly. Since I always travel with my own earplugs, the A/C noise was not a problem.

So, in summary, good greeting, quite nice but small room, wonderful bed, and everything very clean.

Would I stay there again -- absolutely. A perfect place to spend the night before an early flight from FLL (especially for those of us 4 hours south of there in Key West) and at a rate that is very good.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business