I was afraid to try this place after reading some of the reviews, but I'm glad that I ignored the negative ones. This is a nice place to stay, and in my experience, this is typical for almost all Comfort Inn/Suites.
I stayed in mid October. The hotel was maybe half full, judging by the parking lot. My room and the common areas I saw were clean. The staff is friendly. The flat screen TV came in really handy - I used it as a monitor for a desktop PC. I did not have a decent internet connection at the jobsite, so I brought a desktop PC back to the hotel to work at night. The wireless internet is the probably best I have found at any hotel. I was able to download a DVD size file, while streaming a movie on Amazon Prime, in under 2 hours.
The only negatives I have are (1) the elevator, (2) A/C, and (3) the breakfast area.
(1) I had a room on the third floor across from the elevator. Every time the elevator ran, I could hear the hydraulic pump start up. If you ever stayed in a hotel with jacuzzi rooms, the elevator sound was similar to a jacuzzi starting up in the next room. If the A/C fan was running, the white noise was enough to drown out the elevator noise. Which brings me to
(2) The A/C fan can not be set to run continuously (while on A/C or heat), but this is common in almost all of the hotels I am familiar with. The cycling fan on hotel room A/C units is probably my biggest gripe because it wakes me up. A continuous setting for the fan would be an easy fix.
(3) I only had breakfast at the hotel twice during my week's stay. The breakfast area had all the normal selections, but a few things put me off. I had biscuits and gravy the first morning, but I had to just about scrape the sides of the tray to get any. The yogurt cups were like tiny sample size ones. There is a jar for tips on the middle of the food counter. The lady restocking the items was nice, but I have never had to tip at a hotel breakfast area before. For the rest of my stay, I stopped at the McDonald's on the way to the jobsite.
Positives outweigh the negatives, and I will stay here again if I come back to the area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Comfort Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Comfort Inn