“A delightful experience”

Hotel Lush Royale
Durham, North Carolina
“A delightful experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My partner and I have stayed at number of male resorts in the United States over the years and Hotel Lush Royale is definitely one of the best. The staff were friendly and eager to please. Many little details that you don't see anymore like cocktail hour, flower petals in your room and hand written notes are here. The other guests were friendly, but not intrusive. Definitely will return here when we are back in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you gentlemen for your high marks, and kind words. It was our pleasure to meet you both, and have you as our guests.

We understand that when you are trying a resort for the first time, you're never really sure what to expect. We are happy you enjoyed your first stay with us, and that you were not disappointed.

We look forward to your next visit with us, hopefully sooner than later. FYI, from now until October 15, we will be having "Stay 3 & the 4th is on us"

We thank you again! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have never written a review for TripAdvisor, and I never thought I would be moved to do so. But my partner’s and my recent stay at the Hotel Lush Royale gave us an experience that begs to be told.

First of all, we are in our mid- to late fifties, and not party animals anymore by any stretch of the imagination. Our biggest priority in finding a vacation venue in Ft. Lauderdale was that it be peaceful and a place to unwind, since our lives were so busy and chaotic at home. I found the Hotel Lush Royale while using TripAdvisor, read the wonderful reviews, and, taking a look at the hotel’s website, decided to give it a try.

I have to say it was one of the best decisions my partner and I have ever made.

Manager Jeff greeted us when we arrived for our stay, and immediately floored us by offering us an upgrade to a suite at no extra charge. I have no idea if this is a common practice with Jeff (this being a slower time of year for most of the gay B & Bs in the area) but believe me, we felt like we had just won the lottery. The suite featured a large living room/dining room area with a flat screen TV, kitchenette, a nice sized bedroom with another flat screen, a walk-in closet, and a bathroom. All very clean, neat and welcoming. Small orchid blossoms were placed in strategic areas of the suite, including one with our welcome note from Jeff and the staff and one in the toilet bowl (yes, I said toilet bowl!). Jeff then showed us the grounds of the hotel, and the orchid theme continued in a breathtaking display of dozens of beautiful orchids that were attached to the countless palm trees on the grounds. Other tropical flowers and plants abounded, creating a truly lush and beautiful environment. Soothing music played in the background as Jeff continued to show us the pool and hot tub, the kitchen and computer room.

Suffice it to say my partner and I started relaxing the minute we stepped into the Hotel Lush Royale’s calming influence. We had a week of bliss, and definitely did not want to leave. Contributing to our well-being was the unbelievably nice, completely genuine, polished, professional, incredibly helpful and generous staff (thank you so much Jeff, Andrew, Leo, Robert, David!). They seemed to know what I wanted before I had a chance to think about it! And one cannot forget the wonderfully fragrant cooling face towels and the ice cold cocktails provided to us in the heat of the afternoon. Sigh…..

Also important to me (and I’m sure to others as well) was the effortlessness in finding the hotel. Just two blocks off of A1A on Terramar, driving to and locating the establishment was a piece of cake. Parking spaces were ample in the front and side of the hotel, and we never had to search for a place to put the car. We also were very pleasantly surprised at the great meals and drinks we had at the Royal Palms, a sister facility to the Hotel Lush Royale and easy walking distance away.

Through this review I may sound like I’m an “all sweetness and light” kind of person, giggling and cavorting my way through life on the Good Ship Lollipop. Believe me, I am not. I just wanted everyone to know how much staying at the Hotel Lush Royale genuinely meant to me and my partner.

Run, don’t walk, to book the Hotel Lush Royale.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DougandJohn
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Wow! Thank you "DougandJohn"!

We are so pleased you found us, and decided to give us a try! It is rewarding to hear we are doing a great job, and that you enjoyed our tropical oasis as much as you did. Thank you for noticing and mentioning the little extra touches that set us apart. We honestly do try to think of everything, and more.

It is our goal to see that each and every guest have a memorable experience while staying with us, and we are thrilled that our family of return guests continues to grow.

Please know, we are here when you need that perfect getaway, and we will continue to offer top notch customer service! It was our pleasure to meet you both, and we will welcome you back with open arms! Stay well, and have a wonderful summer! :)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2013

As a frequent visitor to Ft Lauderdale my partner and I have stayed at a few places over the past few years. That was my only regret . This was our first stay at Hotel Lush Royal and we will NEVER go anywhere else . Where do I start in telling you how amazing it was ?
They have created this wonderful little slice of heaven in which you are treated like kings .
The grounds are lush and rich and manicured to perfection .. even after a week I was still noticing different types of beautiful foliage and flowers .Thanks Jeff . The rooms are spotless and decorated with a sense of calm and class . The clientele was friendly and professional and very respectful of each other and the Hotel . And then there is the service the staff provides, OUTSTANDING !!! Really made you feel at home and pampered with out you even asking for anything, and when you did it was with pleasure they accommodated your request . The added touches such as single flowers placed in various places in the room , the always fresh breakfast and snacks . Even the coffee cups had a classy flare to them . We can not wait to get back to our new home away from home .. Thank You to Jeff , Andrew,David ,Robert and Leo. You boys sure know how to make A guy feel special and welcomed .. Heres to the next time .. Michael & Jeffrey

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
And here's to you! We are delighted you gave HLR a try, and very pleased you have found the perfect place for you to stay when in Fort Lauderdale!

It was a pleasure for all of us to meet you both. You seemed to enjoy yourselves so. Andrew had remarked to me that you both definitely know how to have a wonderful vacation. Not only did you take time to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and all that HLR have to offer to help you relax and feel pampered, you kept quite busy with all that that Fort Lauderdale has to offer.

It is nice too, when guests enjoy the grounds, and gardens. It really does create a wonderful atmosphere. It is very gratifying for me, when time permits, to be in the garden pruning and fussing over each and every plant, orchid and tree.

My "dream team" and I thank you again. You guys were so nice to have here with us. We honestly miss seeing you!! We welcome you to our family of return guests, and look forward to your next visit. We're here when you need us! Stay as sweet as you both are, and keep enjoying all you do! :)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

For those of you considering taking a trip to Ft. Lauderdale, I highly encourage you to plan your stay at the Hotel Lush Royale.

There are several reasons why I choose this place year after year:

1. Amazing customer service and hospitality! As soon as you step foot on the property, you are warmly greeted and welcomed as a valued guest. The staff is quick to fulfill any requests you might have and always excel at making you feel special.

2. Cleanliness of the guest rooms and surrounding property! I've stayed at other hotels and I can honestly tell you that the cleaniness and quality of care of the guest rooms at The Lush are the best I've experienced. They ALWAYS have the best housekeeping staff on hand to keep things spotless.

3. Consistent dedication to making your stay a warm and memorable experience! The staff strives to ensure that you're enjoying your stay and goes the extra mile to make your stay an amazing experience. I've been a regular guest for years and this property consistently ranks higher than the other guesthouses in the area.

4. Incredible staff! Jeff, Andrew, Leo, Robert, David and Andrew are all amazing! I can't imagine anyone staying at this property who doesn't feel welcomed or has a miserable time. These guys are great and their working model should be adopted as a best practice for the other guesthouses in the area. The hotel is like a home away from home.

5. Lastly, I emphasize quality vs. quantity. There are a lot of guesthouses in the Ft. Lauderdale area; however, there's only one where the quality is superb consistently and that's this property. The quaint intimacy of the pool area and the guest rooms make this property special and nicer than the larger guest houses. The guests are always nice and friendly which makes one's stay so very nice.

In any case, I hope you will consider this hotel for your next stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Trust me, it is definitely worth the time and investment! Enjoy! :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you Randall B, for your outstanding review!

Your kind words and loyalty to our resort is the highest of compliments. As I have stated many times, we love what we do! Maybe that is what makes the difference. We get great pleasure in seeing that our guests are pampered, and have the best time while staying with us.

We understand that a vacation is something that everyone longs for throughout their hectic and stressful days of everyday life. Even the anticipation before one travels to their vacation destination is exciting! It is our goal to see that your vacation is all you hoped for, and more! It is so nice for us, when we feel we have succeeded in doing just that.

And for those that must travel for business. We are aware that they are away from the comforts of their own homes, as well as having to work while being in South Florida. Well, you can be sure that we will do our best to see that they too will experience superb hospitality, and have some fun too! We do not want those that are here for business to feel that Hotel Lush Royale is just a place to sleep in between business meetings or work situations alike. We want them to have some fun too. As well as enjoying the beach, and wonderful restaurants. We encourage it!!

Once again, Randall B, we greatly appreciate your eloquent praise, and look forward to seeing you again, and again! :)
Whippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Just returning from our 12 day stay at the Hotel Lush Royale my partner & I would 1st like to say Thank You. Jeff, Andrew, Leo. Robert & David you each contributed in a unique way to making this a great trip for us. We have stayed at the HLR (better known to many as the “original” Royal Palms location) a couple times a year over the past 10 plus years and can finally say after several years of turmoil & ownership changes the current staff has given us the property we think of as our Florida home back! Thanks Jeff (general manager) for knowing exactly what needed to be done (and actually doing it) to get HLR back to the lush tropical paradise it has always been for us. A place where upon entering the gate we can immediately forget what’s on the other side of the fence, relax, unwind & meet some great people and even some that have become close friends. The work Jeff put into getting the atmosphere back & keeping up with it daily did not go unnoticed. Within minutes of meeting Andrew at check-in we knew he was a perfect fit here and he proved that over & over each day by making sure we had everything we needed, balancing checking on us with leaving us to enjoy our vacation perfectly. We immediately knew we could ask for something & Andrew was genuinely happy to get it done. Leo showing up with a great smile while handing us a frozen daiquiri (or sangria…thanks for that) upon our return from the beach or just an afternoon at the pool was always a welcome treat. Robert & David each with their own personal touches while keeping our room spotless is something we haven’t experienced in a very long time & it was definitely noticed & appreciated by us. Always done without complaining (at least not to us) that we were always the last out of our room! Although this 12 room intimate paradise on its own is our favorite property for so many reasons you can’t have the experience we just did without the entire staff working together in harmony making it their common goal. So again, as I started….THANK YOU and we can’t wait to get back.
Al & Ken

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
We too, AlandKen, would like to begin our response with a big "thank you"

Your review has given all of us, as a team, a great sense of pride, and accomplishment. Our tropical paradise, as you mentioned, being the original Royal Palms, has always had a unique charm of it's own.

I personally am flattered by your comments of bringing the resort back to it's former glory. Having worked at this property when it was the Royal Palms, assisted in being aware of what long time, and new guests expect or hope for while taking a break from there busy lives.

I have always felt, the key ingredient for a memorable stay is indeed "top notch" customer service. The HLR team, actually work together as a team, or it would be impossible to achieve such wonderful reviews and return business.

Your loyalty to our resort alone is very flattering, and we thank you for that, as well as taking the time to post your thoughts and impressions. We hope to see you both again soon, or surely for your annual May vacation. May just wouldn't be the same without you! Take Care guys, and stay happy! :)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The staff was absolutely amazing. From check-in to check-out, it was clear that the staff wanted to make my first stay impressionable in a positive way. The resort grounds and rooms were immaculate. I would rank their hospitality room much better than anything I have seen from chain hotels. Fresh foods and snacks were a great treat to enjoy everyday. The opportunity to use the Royal Palms facility was a pleasant advantage as well to grab lunch and meet some more people. Overall, it was an amazing visit and you will be made to feel right at home with Andrew, Robert and the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff F
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
And we can't wait to have you back Jeff!
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We do indeed strive to make all of our guests feel right at home, and we are pleased we were able to succeed with you.

We feel "Costumer Service" and "Cleanliness" are the 2 key ingredients to a successful vacation experience.

Although I personally did not have the pleasure of meeting you as I was out of town, the entire staff commented on what a wonderful guest you were. We all sincerely look forward to your return, and welcome you to our family of return guests!

Stay well, and Happy! :)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I can not say enough good things about the friendliness and courtesy of the staff. They addressed me by name from my arrival to my departure. I love the older hotels on ft lauderdale beach and this one is beautifully cared for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Will L
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
We thank you Will for your high marks!! We sincerely enjoyed having you stay with us, and very pleased you had a nice relaxing time here at our tropical oasis.

As you mentioned in our conversation while you were here, this is exactly what you needed for your getaway. And you were pleased you chose HLR. Well, we are pleased too!

Thank you again Will. Have a wonderful summer, and keep in mind beginning June 15 - October 15, we will be offering "Stay 3 nights, and the 4th is on us"

Hope to see you again soon!! :)