Hotel Lush Royale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$111
US$105
US$163
US$143
US$239
US$187
US$161
US$144
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$130
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$200
US$520
US$447
  • Beachfront
All reviewshot tubnorth beach villageother guestswilton manorscontinental breakfastgay beachguest houseking suitegay menwalk in closetpool towelsother resortsyogurthousekeeping stafftwo blockscoffee makerlauderdale beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing resort 5 min by walk from the beach, 15 min by car from gay scene. The place is lovely, beautiful tropical garden with 2 pools and 1 jacuzzi ( too warm!!). The staff is very nice most off all Jaime & raibelis.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank henri g
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear henri g,
Thank you for being an Amazing Guest!! Jaime, Raibelis and the entire staff wishes you the best. The North Beach Village area makes it so easy to have everything just mins away. Gay beaches, The Royal Palms ( your gay bar on the beach) restaurants galore and too many activities to mention.
We are so lucky to be in the middle of it all!. Have a great rest of your summer and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed here many times before- it is beautiful, the staff is gracious and the rooms are top notch. Every time I have been here, the stay has been consistent with cleanliness and stellar service. Whether by yourself or with a partner or friends, this is hands down one of the best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ppjr2
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear ppjr2,

You are an amazing guest! Thank you, we miss you already!! It's so helpful for you letting the Trip Advisor audience know what a great time you have here visit after visit! Have a great remainder of the summer and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We booked a standard queen room at Hotel Lush Royale in March 2014 for a week. After I had unpacked and moved everything into the room, I noticed that it had a strong smell of mold. So strong that it was burning my eyes.

Talked to the guy on duty who said no problem, we'll move you into our King suite tonight until we get someone to shampoo the carpet in your room the next day. Great, I figure we have a suite until the next day, so I don't bother unpacking figuring I would have to pack everything up again.

The next day, I expected someone would be knocking on my door telling me that my original room is ready for occupancy. I obviously couldn't do much or go anywhere since I would have to move that day. Not something I wanted on a vacation, but I figured they were getting my room ready, so I waited until about 10 in the morning to ask around. When I finally found someone who knew what was happening, he said, Oh, you're staying in the king suite another night. It's 2PM, and I've wasted my whole day waiting for an answer. Fine, I figured the shampooing/cleaning was taking longer...no problem, tomorrow everything would be perfect.

On the following day, I was still in limbo, not knowing if I had to move, or if my original room was ready. I asked at the office if they finished shampooing the rug in my original room. The guy said We didn't shampoo the rug. Oh, then I'm staying in the king suite another night? No, you can't stay in there it's a $300 a night (or whatever the price was) room. Ok, so can I move back into my original room? No, we rented it out, and the people who have it haven't moved out yet. Well, I'll just keep my things in the king room until mine's ready. You can't do that because we rented it out, and we have to clean it for the people who are coming in. So you're telling me that you rented out the room I paid for ($1100 in advance by the way), and the king suite is also rented, but I can't wait there? Where am I suppose to put my things? Is your car parked nearby?

At that point, I nearly lost it. Keep in mind this is way after 12, and I've wasted another day on my vacation, I couldn't even go to the beach because of the limbo I was in. So, I foolishly asked don't you have another room for me? Let me check, he said. I never moved my things out of the king room, because who knows where I might end up. Maybe a half-hour later, he said he found a room for me at "Another Property of ours." This other property was about 3 blocks away and was called the Reef. Faced with the possibility of not getting back into my original room until about 3PM, and possibly still having the mold issue, I settled for the other property figuring it was comparable to the hotel and room I left. Did I ever make a mistake!

I won't go into all the details, but keep in mind that Lush Roayle is a gay mans resort, the Reef is an apartment with families and kids. Kind of run down and noisy with no hot tub and screaming children in the pool. The room was small, with no closet, and it was infested with ants. We had to hunt for housekeeping the second day because the beds were never changed and the towels were not replaced.

The bottom-line is the people at Lush Royale only care about money, not customer service. When I suggested I should get a refund, I was told that I should be happy I was able to stay in the king suite without being charged extra. I would give it one star, but the office staff at the Reef couldn't have been nicer, so I gave it two. I thought of writing a letter to the owner/manager, but it's owned by some hedge fund, so you'll never get to anybody who has influence, and maybe that's why they're so money-conscious to keep the profits up for the hedge fund.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gordon A

Gordon A
When reading our reviews I hope you understand and see “this is not the norm” and hear me when I say I am sorry your experience was not to our standards at all. I wished you had said something or asked for the management team while you were here 4 months ago. We do everything we can to please and then arrange problem solving steps to insure all of our guest are happy from beginning to end. The Team at Hotel Lush Royale and The Entire North Beach Village Group hope that you find this was a onetime thing and you decide to visit us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We checked in for the second time this summer, for a pre-cruise stay. Having been a frequent guest since the heyday of the original Royal Palms in the late 90's and early 2000's, it has always been a pleasure to return to the property. Yes, under the new ownership things have changed. No more orchid plants and blossoms in the rooms. The original wing rooms are being redecorated a piece at a time, and not for the better. Very well coordinated original expensive furnishings (yes, maybe a little dated) are being replaced with a mix of IKEA, used furniture from another property and wrinkled bed skirts. High quality iron table and upholstered seat chair sets are now a combination of a used wood table and white painted side chairs. Hopefully the completed project will have some feeling of cohesiveness.
We had requested a particular room and were informed upon check in that the floor in the room upstairs was being replaced with a tile floor. The work went on until after 9:00 p.m. that evening! A courtesy call beforehand would have helped. Because of the 4th of July weekend there were not options for another room for all three nights of our stay.
The staff continue to be very helpful and hard working, especially Rai and Robert. The room was very clean and the linen crisp. Housekeeping was consistent throughout our stay.
The 4th was marked with snacks and drinks at the pool. A good touch. The pool in the original wing continues to be the conversation spot for the guests, again a great mix of Floridians, guys from around the U.S., and international travelers.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichStPete
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Richstpete,
Thanks for being a repeat guest, we always appreciate the loyalty. During the off-season, the orchids are not placed in the rooms but as you saw, there are an amazing amount of blooming orchids all over the property for all to enjoy! The fact you come back each and every year means a lot to us, and we look forward to seeing you really soon. For being a senior contributor, we thank you again and best wishes till we see you again!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice property overall, although a bit on the quiet side (even over a holiday weekend). Word is that there is more activity at some of the nearby places. So this may or may not be a good thing depending on your preferences. Staff was very friendly overall, and the King Suite was fantastic - basically a nice-sized one-bedroom apartment, and there's an adjoining room to make it a 2-bedroom. It appeared recently renovated, and we had a patio door right out to the pool. The bed was very comfortable. On the down side, the bathroom was a little on the small side and the water pressure in the shower was very weak. Also, there was only one semi-one usable electric outlet near the bed - it was behind, and the bed frame made it difficult/impossible to use certain adapters.

And the one big complaint that cost the hotel a star on our rating was that our room was never made up (it was a 2-night stay). Sure we had the do not disturb on for part of the morning, but we took it down before we left for lunch and even asked management to have someone make up the room when it hadn't been done by mid-afternoon. We asked again late afternoon and was told the housekeepers had already left. Fortunately, we were at least able to get fresh towels.

Room Tip: Corner King Suites in the north building on the ground level by the pool are great!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skier74

Skier74,
Thank you for all the kind words and your review. The one big selling feature for us at HLR is the quite oasis that we create. Fort Lauderdale has so much going on that it is easy to have fun and frolic all over…then come back to unplug! The room you stayed in was just remodeled and we thank you for the tips on making more “user friendly”. The building was built in the early 50”s and unfortunately they did not believe in designing big bathrooms at the beach!! As far as the confusion on housekeeping, please except our apologies.
We are so glad you got to experience the King Pool Suites…they are the Best!! We look forward to seeing you soon.Have a great summer in New York City!