“Hampton Inn and ACE Tours Feedback”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis
“Hampton Inn and ACE Tours Feedback”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Hampton Inn and their added service of having ACE Tours representatives in the lobby to assist with transportation to the port and airline. We left the ship early and the ACE Tours driver was already there waiting at the port when we cleared customs to take us to the airport/hotel. ACE Tours excellent transportation and customer service enabled us to arrive at the airport early and catch an earlier flight home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hellooo from Fort Lauderdale -

Thank-You for sharing your experience with us. At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale City Center we pride ourselves on outstanding guest service and treat each and every guest as an individual. We do have ACE Tours in our lobby acting as a concierge to make the transportation to the port, airport and local attractions easy and effortless. Hopefully, while you were in town you had a chance to visit Trendy Las Olas which boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Safe Travels,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My sister and I stayed in this hotel for a girls' weekend. The property itself is well-maintained, clean and beautiful; the services and amenities are wonderful; and the comfort and cleanliness of the actual room are exactly the high quality travelers expect from Hampton. However, what I did NOT expect was the AMAZING customer service from the staff. When we checked out, I accidentally left my iPad in the room. I did not discover it missing until I had returned home. When I called the hotel, the manager was pleasant, kind and immediately helpful. Not only had the housekeeping staff located my iPad and returned it to the manager; the manager had placed it in a safe until I called to retrieve it. After speaking with him, he packaged the device in a padded shipping envelope and shipped the item to me. During the entire time my item was in transit, the manager corresponded with me to provide the tracking number and shipping progress. He even followed up to ensure delivery. I cannot adequately describe in words just how pleasant, efficient and helpful he was. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Fort Lauderdale for pleasure and/or business.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paige Anne L
Greetings from Fort Lauderdale -

I am excited to hear that you had a great time and hope that your "girls weekend " was even better! At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale City Center we pride ourselves on outstanding guest service. The staff loves what they do and it shows! I am very happy to hear that your I-Pad was located and returned to you ... Hopefully, while you and your friends were in town you had a chance to spend a little time on Las Olas that has proven to be a Trendy Hot Spot for all of our guests and locals. Las Olas boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shops with a beautiful water front that is perfect for a leisurey stroll or to sip on a martini and bask in the Florida sun...

I do hope to see you and your friends on your next trip to sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was a pretty standard Hampton Inn with a few quirks. First off, it's very near downtown, so it's convenient to all of the businesses/government buildings. It's not the greatest area though - there was a homeless guy in the lobby screaming at the staff one night until security escorted him out. The parking garage has an adequate number of spaces, but it's very tight going around the corners, so be careful if you have a larger vehicle. I went to the pool every day during my stay, and there were never any pool towels - I had to ask for some every time. One time, the person brought me three towels, so I'm not sure why they seem to have such a shortage. The room was fine - clean, comfortable, and quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank semistatic
Hellooo from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Thank-You for sharing your experience with us. I am always excited to receive reviews so I can use the review as a time to celebrate our successes with the team! At the Hampton Inn City Center we do always try to deliver outstanding guest service with individuality our parking garage is tight .. Especially for the newer larger trucks and SUV's - we always try to have the first floor which is a very open non-constricted area open for trucks, SUV's and Diamond guests . This making it an effortless process for each of our guests to enjoy our four story secured parking garage ( just another amenity our property offers ). As for the pool towels ... during July - September it is rainy season in Florida ( with Thunderstorms every afternoon ) this year a little wetter than most years in the past ... On a daily basis and a few times a day we place towels on every lounge chair and also in our towel station. During a rain storm the towels are saturated and have to be rewashed and dried. If the day looks threatening, we only place them in the towel station to prevent this from occurring. I do understand your frustration and I will work with my team to come up with a better solution. However, I am glad to hear that a housemen did bring you towels in a timely fashion!

Hopefully while you and your family were in the area you had a chance to experience all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer ... our beaches, museums, art galleries and of course, Trendy Las Olas!

I do hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Ft. Lauderdale, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This Hotel is in a nice area and the staff is great. Only had an issue with the shower water (turning a different color) and the toilet not flushing right. The check in was quick and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!!!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff treated you right! Our staff prides itself on creating a memorable experience for each and every guest. As for the water ... recently we did have the City of Fort Lauderdale testing the water lines in the area causing discolored water ( which has no negative impact on guest ) other than a the color - which with allowing the faucet to run a little bit it bleeds the lines. The hotel does try to take corrective measures to prevent guests from having this experience. Hopefully, you did have the chance to see all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer - especially Trendy Las Olas which boasts over 40 restaurants and boutique shops that is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the hotel...

I do hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale -
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

As I stated in the title, this Hampton was the best Hampton in terms of condition, free breakfast, etc. that I have ever witnessed! The only problem was the Staff! They were constantly "pestering" me about payments here and there, and overall, very nausiating, to say the least! Please get the Manager and her staff some REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING ASAP!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank-You for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am always eager to receive transparent feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel decor and it's amenities - the hotel is in a great location with a " Funky Fort Lauderdale decor feel ". As for your comments regarding the staff, I have looked into your concerns and want to advise you that at any hotel, restaurant or location where you are receiving a service a form of payment is necessary. Due to several decline credit cards and having to obtain multiple credit card authorization forms I can understand how this may seem as if the staff is " pestering " you. Honestly, nothing personal , it's just business. As I am certain have read from the past over 100 reviews the staff is complimented on the majority as making each and every guest stay relaxing and one of the best! I do apologize that you felt the way you did upon departure. We hope to see you on your next trip to Sunny South Florida !

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here for a quick two day business trip working in the Las Olas district. Received a nice welcome upon arrival (as a business traveler, it is very much appreciated).

Nice property situated next to city hall in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Layout is similar to the Hampton Inn by Miami International Airport; spacious contemporary breakfast lounge area on the second floor adjacent to the lovely outdoor pool deck. Unique feature for a Hampton Inn: the coffee area transitions into a hotel bar serving apps/tapas at night.

Rooms were definitely above average for a Hampton Inn and their competitors where the contemporary design was carried through to. They get additional bonus points for the smart floor to ceiling "kitchen/pantry" cabinet containing the fridge, microwave, coffee, and storage. Simple, yet effective.

My single drawback: the immediately surrounding blocks of the hotel are a mixture of municipal facilities and dated undeveloped lots, so not necessarily the most picturesque. That said, it's a couple blocks north of the Las Olas district and blocks from other stores, the Fresh Market, etc; just simply be aware of your surroundings if walking later at night.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marc M
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Greetings from the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale!

I am always excited to receive well thought out feedback that points out our successes. This is a great motivator for our team and assists them in keeping up the good work and pleasing future guests. At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale - City Center the staff loves what they do and that clearly reflects on the service you were given at check-in and throughout your stay! We are located in a great location, being the closest " brand named " hotel to trendy Las Olas which is just a few short blocks away " walk able " or just a $5.00 - 5 minute taxi ride. Las Olas offers over 40 restaurants to choose from with boutique shopping, cafe's and a gorgeous waterfront “maybe for an after dinner stroll? ". You mentioned our bar that does offer terrific tapas food items; this is a recently added amenity that our guests enjoy! Open 7 days a week from 5pm - 11pm.

I do look forward to seeing you and your colleagues on your next trip to Downtown Fort Lauderdale!

Pompano Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

It's not just a Hotel, it's an experience. If you want to feel pampered this is the place to go. Everything has been thought of that you might need before you arrive. There is an Iron to iron your clothes in the closet, the beds are beautiful and comfortable and even decorated with gorgeous white duvet's and soft pillows. The bath has all the amenities you might need from luxurious soaps to a cute little coffee maker. Everything is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast offers something for everyone from fresh fruit to cereal to sausage and eggs, Belgian waffles, coffee and juice. They even offer you a free drink at the bar and if you have time there is an exercise room and a swimming pool. You will be so comfortable and so well taken care of that you won't want to leave.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Wanda N
Greetings from Sunny South Florida...

I am delighted to hear that you had an outstanding experience! At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale we take pride in exceeding each and every guest expectations and love doing it! We do try to go the extra mile to ensure that the comforts of home are offered at our hotel ... You're home away from home! We did recently add a full service bar with tapas food items opened 7 days a week from 5pm - 11pm. This is just one additional amenity that we offer to our guests to create the relaxing atmosphere you come to expect after a long day at the office or returning from a day at the beach...

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale!